Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

oslove

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, to some degree or other, the atheistic mind is poisoned with untruth.

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

Unless you think you know the heart and mind of every single atheist on Earth.

Judging millions of people on one aspect of their beliefs or lack thereof is an attempt in futility.

It also makes you look like a condescending *******.

It's akin to me proclaiming,

"All theists are mindless sheep who can't take responsibility for their own actions and have to fall back on something that created them to explain their faults."

Sure it can fit some theists, but not all of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

GOD is undefinable..

Therefore, is a pointless waste of time trying to define THAT.

If one has the tiniest amount of wisdom, one would realise this.

If god is undefinable then it is impossible to believe in its existence.

If you can't define what it is you are talking about that ends the discussion right there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true.

Unless you think you know the heart and mind of every single atheist on Earth.

Judging millions of people on one aspect of their beliefs or lack thereof is an attempt in futility.

It also makes you look like a condescending *******.

It's akin to me proclaiming,

"All theists are mindless sheep who can't take responsibility for their own actions and have to fall back on something that created them to explain their faults."

Sure it can fit some theists, but not all of them.

And you may keep on ignoring an obvious truth.

And continue to suffer the consequence of living that lie.

And one doesn't need to know the heart and mind of every atheist in the world, one only has to know the lie Atheism.

This again is such an obvious truth to anyone who has an ounce of wisdom.

3 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

If god is undefinable then it is impossible to believe in its existence.

If you can't define what it is you are talking about that ends the discussion right there.

One doesn't have to know the whole to experience a part of that WHOLE.

One doesn't have to know how something works, to see, and experience the Work in progress.

Anyone with an ounce of wisdom would know this.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You can't even define the thing you are claiming is an obvious truth.

That's a pretty giant hole in your argument.

You say, "God exists."

I say, "What's god?"

You : "I don't know. It's undefinable."

You don't see the issue here?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

You can't even define the thing you are claiming is an obvious truth.

That's a pretty giant hole in your argument.

You say, "God exists."

I say, "What's god?"

You : "I don't know. It's undefinable."

You don't see the issue here?

And there is a pretty big hole in your comprehension skills if you cannot see that one doesn't need to understand the whole, to experience a part of THAT.

I can tell the time by looking at a watch, and yet not have to understand the intricate mechanism of that watch.

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Whether one takes the position that there are no gods/God/GOD or whether one feels there is insufficient evidence is entirely irrelevant.

The inevitable outcome shall be a dark and poisonous seed planted within ones own mind.

The fruits of which are legion.

Good luck in finding true peace without any taint of anxiety, fear, or suffering.

When there is one less concept for eternal punishment due to lack of faith (god) in ones life. A lot of fear and anxiety vanishes. The overt need to live up to an exaggerated god based expectation as well. 

I do wonder if religion/spirituality is an emotional crutch in some people's lives. Not all. But in your case it appears to generate pure arrogance and hate for those who do not see the world through your reality tunnel. 

Maybe you need a better god or none at all.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Whether one takes the position that there are no gods/God/GOD or whether one feels there is insufficient evidence is entirely irrelevant.

Evidence is important. Let me quote Matt Dillahunty: I wan't to believe as many true things and as few wrong things as possible.

I see as much evidence for god as I see evidence for Zeus, Odin, Ra, Allah and Shiva. 

The inevitable outcome shall be a dark and poisonous seed planted within ones own mind.

Wow, you must be so much fun to be around. :whistle:

Good luck in finding true peace without any taint of anxiety, fear, or suffering.

Thanks. I like living without axiety, fear or suffering. 

• Like 2

And there is a pretty big hole in your comprehension skills if you cannot see that one doesn't need to understand the whole, to experience a part of THAT.

I can tell the time by looking at a watch, and yet not have to understand the intricate mechanism of that watch.

But does that watch tell you what you can and cannot do and does that watch punish you in the afterlife if you don't follow its rules ?

Its not really a good analogy is it ?

• Like 1

And continue to suffer the consequence of living that lie.

And one doesn't need to know the heart and mind of every atheist in the world, one only has to know the lie Atheism.

This again is such an obvious truth to anyone who has an ounce of wisdom.

You keep going on about atheism being a lie, yet you never present any reason why we should believe in your god. In fact looking at what you write you present a good case that belief in your version of religion makes you an arrogant and judgemental person. If you are trying to convert people you are doing a terrible job.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One doesn't have to know the whole to experience a part of that WHOLE.

One doesn't have to know how something works, to see, and experience the Work in progress.

Anyone with an ounce of wisdom would know this.

If you know you only know part of the whole, how can you claim to know anything about the whole? Your knowledge of the whole must automatically be flawed, given you know only part of it. As in...

Crazy Horse: Behold the wheel! It is but part of the whole. And that whole is...the CAR.

*Gets run over by a bus.*

:)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

What about the third position? That is, where the issue of the existence of a deity isn't considered.

To use an analogy, what interest do you have in the AFL Canberra's 4th grade men's competition in Australian Rules Football? Does it interest you? Does it appear on your horizon at all? If not, then do you understand how much on the horizon a deity is for many people? Do we get lumped in with those people who have a "dark and poisonous seed" planted in their minds?

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

When there is one less concept for eternal punishment due to lack of faith (god) in ones life. A lot of fear and anxiety vanishes. The overt need to live up to an exaggerated god based expectation as well. 

I do wonder if religion/spirituality is an emotional crutch in some people's lives. Not all. But in your case it appears to generate pure arrogance and hate for those who do not see the world through your reality tunnel. 

Maybe you need a better god or none at all.

Arrogance.

Yes, there could easily be the misunderstanding of how ones personal experience of GOD, could come across as being arrogant, yet in reality, it is only my soul yearning to reach-out to YOUR SOUL.  All reading is in part guesswork.

On your first point, the highlighted bit, I agree completely, that is why for one, there is no idea of eternal punishment in dharma, and secondly, its not the lack of faith, but an accumulation of ignorant actions that are the problem. Sin.

And you are right, it does lead one to less anxiety and fear.

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Evidence is important. Let me quote Matt Dillahunty: I wan't to believe as many true things and as few wrong things as possible.

I see as much evidence for god as I see evidence for Zeus, Odin, Ra, Allah and Shiva. 

Wow, you must be so much fun to be around. :whistle:

Thanks. I like living without axiety, fear or suffering. 

Evidence is irrelevant in this context, because, however ones comes to the idea of Atheism, then the outcome shall be the same.

Various folk shall suffer from this idea to varying degrees, yet everybody shall suffer to one degree or other.

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You keep going on about atheism being a lie, yet you never present any reason why we should believe in your god. In fact looking at what you write you present a good case that belief in your version of religion makes you an arrogant and judgemental person. If you are trying to convert people you are doing a terrible job.

I have given plenty of reasons, only one has to be open-minded enough to try, and know, for themselves.

45 minutes ago, Peter B said:

If you know you only know part of the whole, how can you claim to know anything about the whole? Your knowledge of the whole must automatically be flawed, given you know only part of it. As in...

Crazy Horse: Behold the wheel! It is but part of the whole. And that whole is...the CAR.

*Gets run over by a bus.*

:)

Err, because, knowing only a part of the Whole, is still knowing something of the WHOLE.

Evidence is irrelevant in this context, because, however ones comes to the idea of Atheism, then the outcome shall be the same.

Various folk shall suffer from this idea to varying degrees, yet everybody shall suffer to one degree or other.

Did you not require some kind of evidence when deciding that your particular religion was the correct one and not one  of the thousands other religions ? How did you decide which religion was the right one ?

• Like 1

Arrogance.

Yes, there could easily be the misunderstanding of how ones personal experience of GOD, could come across as being arrogant, yet in reality, it is only my soul yearning to reach-out to YOUR SOUL.  All reading is in part guesswork.

On your first point, the highlighted bit, I agree completely, that is why for one, there is no idea of eternal punishment in dharma, and secondly, its not the lack of faith, but an accumulation of ignorant actions that are the problem. Sin.

And you are right, it does lead one to less anxiety and fear.

I didn't ask you for spiritual guidance. So all you're doing is preaching. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

While I know that people who don't believe in gods are wrong,  that doesn't worry me, and their disbelief is usually logical, and with good reasons.

To be fair though you believe there is a wormhole just outside our solar system all because of a day dream.  Your knowledge doesn't seem to be all that grounded in reality to start with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Evidence is important.

Evidence is paramount. 

That's why the truth about finding it has been suggested many times that when you never give up looking for it, you'll eventually find it for yourself. 

Edited by Will Do

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you don't know what a watch is or does, you can't tell the time.  Like usual you're confusing yourself.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

To be fair though you believe there is a wormhole just outside our solar system all because of a day dream.  Your knowledge doesn't seem to be all that grounded in reality to start with.

You're giving him what he wants, BTW. He's just trying to goad people into arguing so he has more of an opportunity for the limelight.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You can look inside a watch to see how it works and you can compare it to other watches to see if it's working corretly. So while you don't need to understand how a watch works, it is perfectly possible for you to do that if you wish. 

Can you see how god works and can you show me ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Did you not require some kind of evidence when deciding that your particular religion was the correct one and not one  of the thousands other religions ? How did you decide which religion was the right one ?

It was quite easy..

The right one makes things better.