Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

oslove

Crazy Horse quoted:   

If atheistic folk are not materialistic, and they certainly aren't spiritual, then what are they?

And, it is not atheists per se that I am talking about, but the Atheistic Belief.

Please try to realise the difference before starting the next post..."your mistake".

@Crazy Horse

There is no such thing as an Atheistic Belief.  Disbelief is not the same thing as belief.  If you tell me that you can lift a car over your head with your hands...I will not believe you.  Me not believing you is not belief.  It is me not believing you.  If you tell me there is an Entity that created the Universe...I will not believe you.  Again, me not believing you is not belief...it is just me not believing you.  The belief is yours.  Me not believing it is not belief.   Just clarifying. :)

Edited by joc
  • Like 4

Just now, XenoFish said:

All you've done is preach at and belittle the atheist. While also tempering it all with what amounts to threats.

No.....

All I have done is point-out, reasonable, where this Atheistic Belief, if taken seriously, shall take someone.

And to call that threatening....err, words fail me.

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

No.....

All I have done is point-out, reasonable, where this Atheistic Belief, if taken seriously, shall take someone.

I'm quite certain you flame baited a thread just to mock atheist. It got locked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

There is no such thing as an Atheistic Belief.  Disbelief is not the same thing as belief.  If you tell me that you can lift a car over your head with your hands...I will not believe you.  Me not believing you is not belief.  It is me not believing you.  If you tell me there is an Entity that created the Universe...I will not believe you.  Again, me not believing you is not belief...it is just me not believing you.  The belief is yours.  Me not believing it is not belief.   Just clarifying. :)

Disbelief, and belief, are simply two extremes of the same thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm quite certain you flame baited a thread just to mock atheist. It got locked. 

Stop with the judging already..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

No.....

Anyone can have sorrow and depression be they atheist or believer.  You some of the most hurtful things I have experienced?  Failures in church and religion.  The pastor talking off with the secretary, or having *spam filter* women in the congregation, etc.  Believing something to be true (like the Bible) then finding out that it’s not actually true would cause the same effect you’re claiming atheists would experience, and I went through that as a believer many times.

• Like 2

Which is what, black and white are not extreme they are different colours 

jmccr8

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

But, they aren't.  Belief requires you 'believing' that something exists a certain way.  No believing that something exists in a certain way is not a belief.  It is a rejection of a belief.  

For example:   you believe in a creator.

I believe it all just happened without any intervention for no particular reason except things just happened that way.  We will call that belief:  No Reason.

No Reason is the belief.  If you tell me you don't believe in the Big Bang Theory...that is not a belief for you.  It is a disbelief.  Not the same thing.  

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Which is what, black and white are not extreme they are different colours 

jmccr8

And Black is actually All Colors...and White is the absence of All Colors.  So...neither are actually a color. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

The fact a thread was locked is an observation, not a judgement.

The fact that he was trying to blame me was a judgement..

The fact that he was trying to blame me was a judgement..

You created a thread with what definitely appeared to be malicious towards atheist (like someone else who used to be on here). Then proceeded to mock and belittle others for their position. No judgement involved. You even got called put on it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joc said:

And Black is actually All Colors...and White is the absence of All Colors.  So...neither are actually a color. 

It depends...

6FSgP38XcxfqQuiYicQx5Z-970-80.jpg.webp

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, joc said:

But, they aren't.  Belief requires you 'believing' that something exists a certain way.  No believing that something exists in a certain way is not a belief.  It is a rejection of a belief.  

For example:   you believe in a creator.

I believe it all just happened without any intervention for no particular reason except things just happened that way.  We will call that belief:  No Reason.

No Reason is the belief.  If you tell me you don't believe in the Big Bang Theory...that is not a belief for you.  It is a disbelief.  Not the same thing.  

A belief requires one to believe in something.

A non-belief requires one to not believe in something..

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You created a thread with what definitely appeared to be malicious towards atheist (like someone else who used to be on here). Then proceeded to mock and belittle others for their position. No judgement involved. You even got called put on it.

I didn't mock anyone...

Please, just stop with this flame baiting judgemental stuff.

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

It depends...

6FSgP38XcxfqQuiYicQx5Z-970-80.jpg.webp

If  you mix white and black together...what do you get?

A lighter shade of pale.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

A belief requires one to believe in something.

A non-belief requires one to not believe in something..

NOT BELIEVE   not   Not BELIEVE

• Like 2

I didn't mock anyone...

Please, just stop with this flame baiting judgemental stuff.

Not flaming you. Just telling you the truth. You are all for that right?

If you want my judgement then I'll tell you truthfully, you are one of the most spiritually toxic person I've come across. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not flaming you. Just telling you the truth. You are all for that right?

If you want my judgement then I'll tell you truthfully, you are one of the most spiritually toxic person I've come across. 

Yes, I love the truth..

Like a cool breeze on a summers evening.

Or a warm hug on a winters morning.

Or a warm cup of tea and a digestive biscuit any time of day..

10 minutes ago, joc said:

NOT BELIEVE   not   Not BELIEVE

A non belief in something is still a belief, that, that something, doesn't exist..

4 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

A non belief in something is still a belief, that, that something, doesn't exist..

I have a non-interest in pursuing sexual relations with persons of the same sex as myself.

That doesn't mean that I have an "interest" in not pursuing said thing; it's just a complete lack thereof.

Same can be applied to non-belief.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I have a non-interest in pursuing sexual relations with persons of the same sex as myself.

That doesn't mean that I have an active interest in not pursuing said thing; it's just a complete lack thereof.

Same can be applied to non-belief.

A lack of a belief in GOD, is still a belief that there is no GOD, whether one is actively interested or not.