Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

oslove

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

So you are happy if I  copy and paste your post but take your name off it ?

I did think about that, but it is a but pointless Eg If I did that here here, no one would know  to whom I was replying.

When I  write a reply it is NEVER just to the poster I am quoting.

It is my thoughts, opinions, arguments, about their posts,  put out there, for ALL to read and debate .

You cant require this to be stopped, without destroying the point of a forum  

Anyone /everyone has a right of comment/ reply, within the rules 

I love this..

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

How many times do I have to repeat myself?

It is not the individual, but the "Belief Systems" that I am questioning.

Why question 'belief systems' at all?  Why question another's beliefs at all?  I will keep sharing this as long as I live because it is true:

The First Axiom of Dan

Belief is irrelevant with regard to the truth.  The truth just is.  The truth is not incumbent upon belief in order to be.  It just is.  Belief finds relevance in how one lives one's individual life. The truth just is.

You believe what you believe.  Catholics believe what they believe.  Mormons believe what they believe.  Baptists believe what they believe.  Atheists believe what they believe.

The truth is that no one knows what the 'truth' of all that is.  For many it is just a rejection of it all.  Because none of it really speaks of Truth.  All of it, everything you 'believe', everything anyone 'believes'...originally came out of the mind of one human somewhere on Planet Earth.  And humans are humans.  There are no superhumans.  There is no correct belief...only belief.  And what you believe may be the truth, then again, maybe not so much.  Regardless, the truth isn't a matter of belief.  It just simply is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You wouldn't have to repeat anything if you could be consistent:

The inevitable outcome shall be a dark and poisonous seed planted within ones own mind.

The fruits of which are legion.

Good luck in finding true peace without any taint of anxiety, fear, or suffering.

So, if one does not believe in GOD, then one must see creation, life, and humanity as ultimately being an accident, governed not by Divine Order, Laws, and Principles, and therefore, ultimately down to pure luck and chance.

This lie shall infect the minds of atheists to some degree or other, leading one to some degree of depression, negativity and even insanity.

'One's own mind' and 'atheists' do not refer to 'belief systems'.  Apparently in addition to misleading its believers into thinking they have some special expertise at psychology or telepathy, the Dharmic way appears to also have the consequences of either lack of honesty or memory loss, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

There is no belief system in atheism other non-belief in "God".  An atheist can have other belief systems but whatever ism they choose to believe in, is separate from the atheism part.  You can have atheist humanism, atheist animism, atheist nihilism but you can't pigeon hole them all into the same category.  Remember, the a in atheism is simply a negative prefix.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, joc said:

Why question 'belief systems' at all?  Why question another's beliefs at all?  I will keep sharing this as long as I live because it is true:

You believe what you believe.  Catholics believe what they believe.  Mormons believe what they believe.  Baptists believe what they believe.  Atheists believe what they believe.

The truth is that no one knows what the 'truth' of all that is.  For many it is just a rejection of it all.  Because none of it really speaks of Truth.  All of it, everything you 'believe', everything anyone 'believes'...originally came out of the mind of one human somewhere on Planet Earth.  And humans are humans.  There are no superhumans.  There is no correct belief...only belief.  And what you believe may be the truth, then again, maybe not so much.  Regardless, the truth isn't a matter of belief.  It just simply is.

A persons beliefs, their perceptions, attitudes, and therefore their actions too, shall all have a consequence.

Some beliefs, perceptions, attitudes and actions shall lead one to suffer less.

Other beliefs, perceptions, attitudes and actions make things worse.

The good news Joc, is that we are all, (if we choose to be) capable, and able, to see, reflect, refine, and therefore greatly reduce ones suffering, and even indirectly help other folk to suffer less also.

5 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

You wouldn't have to repeat anything if you could be consistent:

'One's own mind' and 'atheists' do not refer to 'belief systems'.  Apparently in addition to misleading its believers into thinking they have some special expertise at psychology or telepathy, the Dharmic way appears to also have the consequences of either lack of honesty or memory loss, right?

Yes, I was pointing out the inevitable consequences of certain beliefs upon the individual..

If those beliefs are actually believed.

1 hour ago, GoldenWolf said:

There is no belief system in atheism other non-belief in "God".  An atheist can have other belief systems but whatever ism they choose to believe in, is separate from the atheism part.  You can have atheist humanism, atheist animism, atheist nihilism but you can't pigeon hole them all into the same category.  Remember, the a in atheism is simply a negative prefix.

So I have to repeat myself again..

Yes, an atheist can have many different ideas and beliefs, but I wasn't talking about any other ideas or beliefs that an atheist may have.

I was talking pacifically about this non-belief that there is no god/God/GOD, and the consequences. 

23 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The good news Joc, is that we are all, (if we choose to be) capable, and able, to see, reflect, refine, and therefore greatly reduce ones suffering, and even indirectly help other folk to suffer less also.

That's what you believe...but it isn't even true.  Not everyone is capable, through choice or otherwise, to affect their own well-being or that of anyone else.

And besides that...it isn't my 'job' in life to reduce yours or anyone else's suffering.  Currently I have a lot of sciatic pain because I pulled my performis muscle.  But I still go do the things I have to do and don't whine and cry about it.  Because it's just pain and it isn't even unbearable.  Some people have unbelievably, unbearable pain...and they have no  power to reduce their own suffering or that of others.

What is suffering anyway if not one's perspective? Some suffer worse than others, and not everyone suffers all the time, and some suffer very little.  

• Like 2

deleted for redundancy

Edited by joc

4 minutes ago, joc said:

That's what you believe...but it isn't even true.  Not everyone is capable, through choice or otherwise, to affect their own well-being or that of anyone else.

And besides that...it isn't my 'job' in life to reduce yours or anyone else's suffering.  Currently I have a lot of sciatic pain because I pulled my performis muscle.  But I still go do the things I have to do and don't whine and cry about it.  Because it's just pain and it isn't even unbearable.  Some people have unbelievably, unbearable pain...and they have no  power to reduce their own suffering or that of others.

What is suffering anyway if not one's perspective? Some suffer worse than others, and not everyone suffers all the time, and some suffer very little.  

Well, if you can believe in something, then that something shall affect you.

Your choice.

Message #5 for mankind:

Don't cry about the suffering in the world.  It isn't your fault.  It isn't your responsibility!  The world has been a mess since the beginning.  Life eats life in order to survive.   Death is a natural part of life.  You can do nothing to alleviate the suffering in the world.  So focus on what you CAN do in your own little area of the world...and make that better.  Then maybe you can help someone else in their little part of the world.  A smile.  Taking someone's shopping cart for them.  Do what you can to help others.  It will be appreciated.  But don't go to far with help or you will become sucked into their misery.  That doesn't help them and is detrimental to you!  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

So I have to repeat myself again..

Yes, an atheist can have many different ideas and beliefs, but I wasn't talking about any other ideas or beliefs that an atheist may have.

I was talking pacifically about this non-belief that there is no god/God/GOD, and the consequences. 

The consequence for that is taking control of one's own life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joc said:

The consequence for that is taking control of one's own life.

Within a world full of chance, luck, and happenstance..?

Good luck fella.

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Within a world full of chance, luck, and happenstance..?

Good luck fella.

You are weak, so you're looking for an excuse. Too afraid to take a chance and gain some solid ground to stand upon. God is your crutch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

You are weak, so you're looking for an excuse. Too afraid to take a chance and gain some solid ground to stand upon. God is your crutch. 

If you saw a man limping so badly, that he was going around in circles, wouldn't you give him a crutch to walk straight again?

Honestly, I think it is you who is afraid to take a chance.

I think it is you who is looking for an excuse.

Still, thats your choice, and really, I hope you find a real and lasting peace. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

If you saw a man limping so badly, that he was going around in circles, wouldn't you give him a crutch to walk straight again?

Honestly, I think it is you who is afraid to take a chance.

I think it is you who is looking for an excuse.

Still, thats your choice, and really, I hope you find a real and lasting peace. 

This isn't about me. It is about you and your god desire. How many times have you asked others about unification with god, what is holiness, etc? How many times have you touch on a spiritual path meant for enlightenment and never took one single step. You tell us that god is perfect love, yet you show none, you tell us we (used in general) are wrong and faulty for lacking faith in your god. And yet a thread asking atheist for their perspective on this has been anything but negative. That was until you showed up, condemning the atheist. You are afraid and your faith is weak. Do not speak of love when you can not understand another person. Do not cast judgement when you are afraid to be judged. Do not attempt to remove a splinter from another's eye while a tree is in yours. I've had my own journey through darkness. Perhaps instead of being judgmental towards others you need to do some soul searching, really dig deep into that psyche of yours, not surface level. But all the way to your core. Then you can actually talk to me. After you've dealt with your demons, then you can judge me. You want to know a 'truth', sometimes you've got to go right through hell before you even see heaven. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This isn't about me. It is about you and your god desire. How many times have you asked others about unification with god, what is holiness, etc? How many times have you touch on a spiritual path meant for enlightenment and never took one single step. You tell us that god is perfect love, yet you show none, you tell us we (used in general) are wrong and faulty for lacking faith in your god. And yet a thread asking atheist for their perspective on this has been anything but negative. That was until you showed up, condemning the atheist. You are afraid and your faith is weak. Do not speak of love when you can not understand another person. Do not cast judgement when you are afraid to be judged. Do not attempt to remove a splinter from another's eye while a tree is in yours. I've had my own journey through darkness. Perhaps instead of being judgmental towards others you need to do some soul searching, really dig deep into that psyche of yours, not surface level. But all the way to your core. Then you can actually talk to me. After you've dealt with your demons, then you can judge me. You want to know a 'truth', sometimes you've got to go right through hell before you even see heaven. 

That's some of your best writing Xeno--you deserve a song!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you cannot see the love I give, that's your fault, you need to work on THAT.

Good luck.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's some of your best writing Xeno--you deserve a song!

I'm just tired. There are those of faith who are the best people you could ever know. Then there are those who have nothing, who are nothing, all because they so desire god's love. That they'll deny the life they live and the lives they could've been good too. It's like judging an atheist who spend/spent their entire lives making life as awesome as possible for those around them. When upon their death they left the greatest thing, good memories. This also applies to an atheist, pagan, etc. 

So I don't get spiritual devotion at the expense of living life. One kind word a day, one kind gesture or act. That's how you can create heaven on earth. I went through 8 years of personal hell, having so many illusions and delusions broken till I got to a point where I put a gun against my temple. I didn't pull that trigger. I was simply broken and I needed to be. I needed to go through that hell and be weak and be vulnerable. It made me better. So I get mighty tired of self righteous asshats. 

I'm not perfect, I hope I never will be. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Good luck.

Your narcissism is showing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The only thing you've been giving is passive aggressive, holier than thou preachy garbage.

You obviously don't treat the atheists here like you love them.

Your sin is sanctimony. Until you realize that you're not going to get much respect from most people here.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Your narcissism is showing.

Hi Xeno

Actually he reminds me of some of the homeless zealots that rant at light poles and garbage bins on the streets downtown sad really, but that is their choice.

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

The only thing you've been giving is passive aggressive, holier than thou preachy garbage.

You obviously don't treat the atheists here like you love them.

Your sin is sanctimony. Until you realize that you're not going to get much respect from most people here.

O contraire..

To point-out the serious limitations of certain beliefs, and to get aggressed too, is in my opinion, very kind and loving.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Xeno

Actually he reminds me of some of the homeless zealots that rant at light poles and garbage bins on the streets downtown sad really, but that is their choice.

jmccr8

I figure it's someone who has nothing in their life. So they project all their insecurities onto others while seeking a love they never got.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

O contraire..

To point-out the serious limitations of certain beliefs, and to get aggressed too, is in my opinion, very kind and loving.

Then I'm a love machine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1