Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

oslove

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Tatetopa

I can't speak for mankind because I am a onekind but think that would have expected a more positive reception from believers seeing the only difference between us is the absence of god. Personally I don't see it any different than the vegan, non-smoker/drinker/dancer/smiler/getting some of that er it is just a difference of opinion.

jmccr8

It does appear that the theists, in this thread, are a lot more judgemental about atheists, than the atheists are about theists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It does appear that the theists, in this thread, are a lot more judgemental about atheists, than the atheists are about theists. 

Why is that surprising? Its the same eight people in every single thread. Those who are going to rant and judge are a known quantity, just as many of the atheists and agnostics are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Why is that surprising? Its the same eight people in every single thread. Those who are going to rant and judge are a known quantity, just as many of the atheists and agnostics are.

Everything is the same discussion. Like a loop put on infinite. It's boring. Not only in this section of the forum, but all of the above. It eventually become the same old, same old. 

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everything is the same discussion. Like a loop put on infinite. It's boring. Not only in this section of the forum, but all of the above. It eventually become the same old, same old. 

Religion never changes. Thats why this section is stale. Politics is more fiery, but also more dangerous to be forward. Easy to be pegged as being "bad", or even "evil", for supporting someone/something.

To be honest, I'll read a new religion thread, if its not too long, and make some comments on the subject. But after the train wreck happens, I'll skip over 90% of the posts looking for anything worth even reading.

I joined to comment on cryprozoology and ancient mysteries, but new posts there are often less then once per week.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Religion never changes. Thats why this section is stale. Politics is more fiery, but also more dangerous to be forward. Easy to be pegged as being "bad", or even "evil", for supporting someone/something.

To be honest, I'll read a new religion thread, if its not too long, and make some comments on the subject. But after the train wreck happens, I'll skip over 90% of the posts looking for anything worth even reading.

I've grown bored actually. I came to my own conclusions, so there really isn't anything of value in this section any more. Pretty much the same thing could be said regarding the supernatural and paranormal. I find that I'm constantly repeating the same thing and having the same going nowhere discussion. Even in this section it's no different. I hate politics and all it took was one little incident in that section in order for me to Nope! out of it quick. Even had myself locked out. 

• Like 1

I think this might be helpful for those who keep calling atheism a religion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoldenWolf said:

Atheism isn't a religion but it is a belief, just like theism 

Theism isn't a religion, either.

It is a codified set of attitudes and behaviours based on a particular belief 

Atheism generally doesn't have that sort of structure, although some atheists act just like theists, in defence of their beliefs 

Criticism CAN be persecution, and the boundaries are becoming less defined with modern media 

Killing  of other humans occurs for many reasons.

Some go to human psychology and our primate heritage. 

Some go to differences in values, ethics, or beliefs.

Some go to seeking wealth, or advantage, or power.

Some are simply an extension of tribalism, dividing "us" from "them" 

3 hours ago, GoldenWolf said:

I'm not sure reasoning is helpful to those who don't want it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1