Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
oslove

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

261 posts in this topic

jmccr8
3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Might not be the same person, but the approach is very similar.

Hi Xeno

He hasn't brought up communism at any point and both of them were posting back then and Crazy Harse was extreme anti-materialism even though he likely has as much possessions as the next guy but those are gifts from GOD because he has been a devoted and steadfast soapbox operator.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nuclear Wessel
19 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

oozing with god's love aren't you

jmccr8

Definitely oozing something, and it smells like sh--lavender.

It smells like lavender.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

jmccr8
6 hours ago, joc said:

And Black is actually All Colors...and White is the absence of All Colors.  So...neither are actually a color. 

Hi Joc

Yes of course but the point is there are no extremes with colors, red auto paint is the most expensive to buy and black is the cheapest so I suppose one could make them extremes in cost value. Belief and disbelieve as Crazy Horse referred to is silly extremes of what? Maybe is somewhere in the middle of belief and disbelief.:lol:

jmccr8

psyche101
13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Xeno

He hasn't brought up communism at any point and both of them were posting back then and Crazy Harse was extreme anti-materialism even though he likely has as much possessions as the next guy but those are gifts from GOD because he has been a devoted and steadfast soapbox operator.

jmccr8

It's not the same poster. Illy was a bigger ahole and idiot. 

• Like 2

jmccr8
Just now, psyche101 said:

It's not the same poster. Illy was a bigger ahole and idiot. 

Hi Psyche

Not sure why he would get that way most of the time he got along with me in threads even though we disagreed and he did PM me several times and was always pleasant but near the end when he got extreme and facing a lot of conflict thought then he got testy with me and less trustful.

jmccr8

Nuclear Wessel
1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

Not sure why he would get that way most of the time he got along with me in threads even though we disagreed and he did PM me several times and was always pleasant but near the end when he got extreme and facing a lot of conflict thought then he got testy with me and less trustful.

jmccr8

Midlife crisis?

psyche101
2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

jmccr8

It seemed personal to me.

I got the impression most of his posts were out of spite rather than a personal belief. Like he hated people for making him aware that religion is very doubtful. 

• Like 2

Golden Duck
9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Xeno

jmccr8

Is he using materialism in just the common usage of desire of acquisition?  If you can account for intangibles and amortise goodwill to the extent that it can affect, then how is what he is espousing any different.  It seems like it could be called neo-materialism or alt-materialism.  You definitely couldn't accuse him of being the widow in the temple.

Maybe "you can't define consciousness, wholly and solely, in physical terms" will get a run soon.

• Like 1

jmccr8
3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It seemed personal to me.

I got the impression most of his posts were out of spite rather than a personal belief. Like he hated people for making him aware that religion is very doubtful. 

Hi Psyche

Yes agreed but for some reason he didn't get that way with me until the end and did see how aggressive he got with other members in threads and we disagreed about quite a bit of stuff. When he first joined he was very social and when his perspectives got tested he couldn't handle it with some.

jmccr8

Nuclear Wessel
3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

Yes agreed but for some reason he didn't get that way with me until the end and did see how aggressive he got with other members in threads and we disagreed about quite a bit of stuff. When he first joined he was very social and when his perspectives got tested he couldn't handle it with some.

jmccr8

What ever happened to @Paranoid Android and @Podo? I also never see @DieChecker  around much. Or @Stubbly_Dooright

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

Golden Duck
21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Definitely oozing something, and it smells like sh--lavender.

It smells like lavender.

It would've guess it smells like a Linden Tree.