Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
oslove

Do you atheists have a message for mankind?

608 posts in this topic

Crazy Horse
5 hours ago, Will Do said:

Evidence is paramount. 

That's why the truth about finding it has been suggested many times that when you never give up looking for it, you'll eventually find it for yourself. 

Or then again, once you do actually give-up looking for it, "IT" comes and finds you!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Crazy Horse
3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You can look inside a watch to see how it works and you can compare it to other watches to see if it's working corretly. So while you don't need to understand how a watch works, it is perfectly possible for you to do that if you wish. 

Can you see how god works and can you show me ?

Well since you asked, and since I am in a good mode, we can discuss this issue..

The simple Truth is, that GOD works through little acts of kindness.

Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

that GOD works through little acts of kindness.

So do people, what's your point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Crazy Horse
Just now, XenoFish said:

So do people, what's your point.

No point.

Just discussing..

Sherapy
Just now, Crazy Horse said:

No point.

Just discussing..

Taking this deeper, what point are you discussing?    

• Like 2

Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No point.

Just discussing..

If you are not an atheist. Then you really have no position to talk from. As this thread is asking ATHEIST what they think. Not theist. Nor does it imply that theist are needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Crazy Horse
Just now, Sherapy said:

Taking this deeper, what point are you discussing?    

Well the general discussion was in answer to the question, "can I show him how GOD works?" or something like this.

• Like 1

Sherapy

Well the general discussion was in answer to the question, "can I show him how GOD works?" or something like this.

Can you? 

• Like 2

Crazy Horse
3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you are not an atheist. Then you really have no position to talk from. As this thread is asking ATHEIST what they think. Not theist. Nor does it imply that theist are needed.

OK..

Well, as soon as you all stop messaging me, then I will happily stop, but I am far to nice to ignore someone, even the angry and abusive posts.

Crazy Horse
Just now, Sherapy said:

Can you? 

I can, but he has to at least have the openness to even consider that GOD is real..

Otherwise, no, I cannot.

rashore
On 2/19/2021 at 11:40 AM, oslove said:

I await with bated breath to read what message atheists care to tell mankind, so that mankind starting with myself will profit from it.

By atheists I include all humans who choose to not at least entertain any interest in God.

Let's get back to the OP topic... We are wandering off of it... 

What do folks that do not at least entertain any interest in God have to share as messages to mankind? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
15 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I can, but he has to at least have the openness to even consider that GOD is real..

Otherwise, no, I cannot.

Do you have the openness to consider that god isn't real ? Being openminded works both ways.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

onlookerofmayhem
10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Otherwise, no, I cannot.

You admittedly can't even define god.

What exactly are we supposed to be open to considering?

An unidentified, undefined unknowable thing?

It's obvious that floopflorpian dunglebops exist.

I don't know what they are and I can't describe any aspect of them.

But you're severely lacking in critical thinking skills and logic if you don't agree they do exist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crazy Horse
Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Do you have the openness to consider that god isn't real ? Being openminded works both ways.

Well once I was an atheist, I thought that there was no need for GOD, that to be free included a freedom from GOD.

But now?

No, I cannot consider the possibility that there is no GOD.

Crazy Horse
3 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

You admittedly can't even define god.

What exactly are we supposed to be open to considering?

An unidentified, undefined unknowable thing?

It's obvious that floopflorpian dunglebops exist.

I don't know what they are and I can't describe any aspect of them.

But you're severely lacking in critical thinking skills and logic if you don't agree they do exist.

I cannot discuss this, as much as I would like to, because I will be accused of derailing the thread.

So, excuse me..

Tatetopa

The universe does not care about you.  It does not love you , it does not hate you.  It does not judge you. There are no impending fates of punishment or reward.

You are free to choose.  You are free to judge your actions or not.  You might ascertain that the human psyche is geared to seek good relations and rewards itself for good deeds.  Other beings you interact with reward you for good deeds at times. That is all there is.  You might choose to be oblivious of that  possibility.  Either way, you live and you die.  Better make the most of it as you see fit.  the universe will not weigh you life and find it worthy or lacking. it is not  watching.

Those seem to be sufficient axioms to construct the human condition.  God is not needed for completeness, we already have it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I cannot discuss this, as much as I would like to, because I will be accused of derailing the thread.

So, excuse me..

Bye then:tu:

• Like 5

Crazy Horse
11 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Bye then:tu:

Good luck.

oslove

I don't seem to see any messages of atheists or generally God-deniers that other humans, who are decent people but not atheists or God-deniers can and do also give to mankind.

Honestly, I was entertaining the idea that atheists or God-deniers anonymous in the internet would tell mankind to just do anything at all they want to do, except watch out that they don't get in trouble with the law of the land they are living in.

Do you know this man (in quote below), he seems to be a human who does anything he wants to do, except that he does not get caught by the law, still he was caught and but now had escaped from prison - yet on latest news was caught again.

Peter Madsen

Danish Inventor Who Murdered Kim Wall On Submarine Briefly Escapes Prison Peter Madsen, who was sentenced two years ago for the murder and dismemberment of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, bluffed his way out of prison with a fake bomb strapped to his abdomen.20 Oct 2020

eight bits
1 hour ago, oslove said:

Honestly, I was entertaining the idea that atheists or God-deniers anonymous in the internet would tell mankind to just do anything at all they want to do, except watch out that they don't get in trouble with the law of the land they are living in.

And now that it has turned out differently than you expected, how has this changed your view of atheists?

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Do you know this man

Not personally; he's a notorious convicted criminal. What are his views on the Question of God (if you know and if so, then please provide a source)?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

TashaMarie

My message would be its okay to be happy, sad, angry confused or not know how you are feeling.

It's okay to know what you want from life and it's okay to not know.

Ask for help if you need it, give help when you can and never stop asking questions

We live in a world that is constantly telling us who we should be, who we should love and how we should live our lifes.

This is YOUR life Live it as you wish, just please respect others and cause no harm in your pursuit of happiness.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, oslove said:

I don't seem to see any messages of atheists or generally God-deniers that other humans, who are decent people but not atheists or God-deniers can and do also give to mankind.

Maybe the differences between atheists and theists isn't as great as you thought it was ?

Sorry to disappoint you. 

Countries with a large proportion of atheists tend to have less crime than countries with few atheists. Think about that.

Do you know this man (in quote below), he seems to be a human who does anything he wants to do, except that he does not get caught by the law, still he was caught and but now had escaped from prison - yet on latest news was caught again.

He is a psychopath and that have nothing to do with religion, its a personality disorder.

As a Dane I have certainly heard of him, but I have no idea if he is religious or not. Do you ? After his escape attempt he was moved to a more secure prison and he is currently serving a life imprisonment sentence.

• Like 9

Desertrat56
15 hours ago, oslove said:

So now you have learned something.  Your assumption was incorrect.   

• Like 6