Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden Defends China on Human Rights Record

OverSword

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

branding the mass internment a "different norm"

Yeah and maybe there's a different norm for some of us coming.

https://nypost.com/article/hunter-biden-china-timeline-business-ties/

Hunter Biden and China: A timeline of his business ties to the Far East

For at least seven years, many when his father was vice president, Hunter Biden pursued a lucrative deal to run an investment firm founded by millions of dollars from a Chinese partnership.

• Like 8

I would have to watch the whole town hall other than the minute clip in the video.

Because from the same town hall he also said this.

"Well, there will be repercussions for China and he knows that," Biden said of Xi, when pressed on the issue at the town hall event televised on broadcaster CNN.

"China is trying very hard to become a world leader and to get that moniker and be able to do that they have to gain the confidence of other countries," Biden said on his first official trip since taking office as president in January.

"As long as they are engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it is going to be hard for them to do that," he added.

https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AH0AC?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16137549483945&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-usa-biden-china-idUSKBN2AH0AC

I feel like OP article is just stretching a statement out of context like was done with Trump all the time.

For example what was the question Biden was even responding to and with the one minuet clip it pretty much cuts off the rest of what he was going to say on the matter.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like OP article is just stretching a statement out of context like was done with Trump all the time.

For example what was the question Biden was even responding to and with the one minuet clip it pretty much cuts off the rest of what he was going to say on the matter.

Fair enough.

I haven't watched yet:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/02/17/part-1-entire-joe-biden-town-hall-february-16-vpx.cnn

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/02/17/part-2-entire-joe-biden-town-hall-february-16-vpx.cnn

Part one and part two of the entire town hall.  

• Thanks 1

biden is certainly not a smart man.   The dictator biden will continue to get us entangled with China.

• Like 6

And knowing why China behaves the way it does is bad? If we understand what's going on in Xi's head and his motivations, we can better check him and deal with the situation. I know people are used to 'diplomacy based on how much they kiss trump's ass' but this is how international diplomacy actually works. Know how the other leaders think, how they operate, what drives them, and then use that when the time comes to chat. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I would have to watch the whole town hall other than the minute clip in the video.

https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2AH0AC?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16137549483945&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-usa-biden-china-idUSKBN2AH0AC

Yea, I actually had to go read the article from the New York Post to get the whole statement.  He said there would be repercussions for continued genocide...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

And knowing why China behaves the way it does is bad?

I don't need to know why a serial killer kills and it doesn't excuse what he does.  China doesn't commit crimes against humanity because of cultural differences, it does that because it's an immoral, brutal regime.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Umm no.... people who defend atrocities and crimes against humanities are d********s, not misunderstood. And any politician who has been in the job 40 years and can still be misquoted in such a ways as to look make it look like they’re defending atrocities and crimes against humanity don’t deserve to be allowed near the Desk Resolute, let alone sit behind it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

Umm no.... people who defend atrocities and crimes against humanities are d********s, not misunderstood. And any politician who has been in the job 40 years and can still be misquoted in such a ways as to look make it look like they’re defending atrocities and crimes against humanity don’t deserve to be allowed near the Desk Resolute, let alone sit behind it.  

It's starts at minute 21 if you want to listen to it.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/02/17/part-2-entire-joe-biden-town-hall-february-16-vpx.cnn

4 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

And knowing why China behaves the way it does is bad? If we understand what's going on in Xi's head and his motivations, we can better check him and deal with the situation. I know people are used to 'diplomacy based on how much they kiss trump's ass' but this is how international diplomacy actually works. Know how the other leaders think, how they operate, what drives them, and then use that when the time comes to chat. 

Someone called you a kid in the past here on UM, if I remember correctly? Yet you show a huge deal of maturity with your post, unlike some here. People don't understand that the only country that has TIME is China. And every time we act in haste our time shortens. With China we need to and must be patient.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, odas said:

. People don't understand that the only country that has TIME is China. And every time we act in haste our time shortens. With China we need to and must be patient

Seems like an oddly cryptic comment to me lol.

Every has time. 

Well except for the Uyghurs, and Hong Kong. Not sure how much time Taiwan has...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Seems like an oddly cryptic comment to me lol.

Every has time. 

Well except for the Uyghurs, and Hong Kong. Not sure how much time Taiwan has...

China is about to overtake the US in the number of Billionairs to reach the #1 position. If anyone has missed it, China has stoped being a comunist country some 30 years ago.

When it comes to TIME, we, in the west, we do not have it. We want everything now. Fast. Time is money. And China has the money, the time, the patients and the experience of a few thousand year old power.

As a muslim myself I feel with the Uighurs. But, this has to be solved on an Adult level and out of sincerity not because of and for the purpouse of dirty politics. Especially when I hear Trumpists "crying" about the Uighur misery makes me wanna vomit. They do not care about the Uighurs, let's be honest. They just want to start a War in the name of their new god Don, a war they cannot win. 

Again, we need to be patient and look for the right words to speak to the chinese.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, odas said:

China is about to overtake the US in the number of Billionairs to reach the #1 position. If anyone has missed it, China has stoped being a comunist country some 30 years ago.

When it comes to TIME, we, in the west, we do not have it. We want everything now. Fast. Time is money. And China has the money, the time, the patients and the experience of a few thousand year old power.

As a muslim myself I feel with the Uighurs. But, this has to be solved on an Adult level and out of sincerity not because of and for the purpouse of dirty politics. Especially when I hear Trumpists "crying" about the Uighur misery makes me wanna vomit. They do not care about the Uighurs, let's be honest. They just want to start a War in the name of their new god Don, a war they cannot win. 

Again, we need to be patient and look for the right words to speak to the chinese.

What's that even mean lol. The number one spot is Bezos, I believe. First off China has a  couple billion more people. It's more crazy that they don't already. 

They are communist. It's a one party system. Just because they change since inception doesn't mean they are no longer communist. The Soviet Union had changes throughout their time too.

As the West has, but we would still consider the U.S and Canada a democracy and capitalist.

Also what does Trump even have to do with this. Almost no one wants to start a war. Get your prejudice out of here man. 

These threads start and people just want to squeeze their own hate into it (either hating Biden, or hating Trump supporters)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, odas said:

Buds,

Literally the ruling Party in China is called the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) 

Joe Biden is the current POTUS. 

Appeasement never works.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odas said:

Someone called you a kid in the past here on UM, if I remember correctly? Yet you show a huge deal of maturity with your post, unlike some here. People don't understand that the only country that has TIME is China. And every time we act in haste our time shortens. With China we need to and must be patient.

Yeah that was because I told them their ideas on Qanon and Trump was horse****, I get that a lot. 

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't need to know why a serial killer kills and it doesn't excuse what he does.  China doesn't commit crimes against humanity because of cultural differences, it does that because it's an immoral, brutal regime.  

You do if you want to know how to make sure serial killers are stopped faster, and prevented from sprouting up in the first place. 

• Like 1

Just now, Autochthon1990 said:

You do if you want to know how to make sure serial killers are stopped faster, and prevented from sprouting up in the first place. 

Because we haven't had plenty examples of bloodthirsty human rights violators throughout history?  

Just now, OverSword said:

Because we haven't had plenty examples of bloodthirsty human rights violators throughout history?  

Lumping Xi in with Hitler isn't going to help, Hitler was his own animal. There are patterns, yes, but every one is different. Xi isn't even exactly like Mao, there are similarities, yes, but the more you understand about Xi himself, the better you can bargain with him. A one-size-fits-all approach isn't really workable on an international scale. China is a burgeoning superpower, we can't treat him the same way we might treat the jerks who pulled a Coup in Myanmar. That's what Trump didn't understand, you can't browbeat everybody into submission, it works for some smaller nations, but the EU, India, and China are all powerful enough to say "Stop that or we'll make life difficult." 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What's that even mean lol. The number one spot is Bezos, I believe. First off China has a  couple billion more people. It's more crazy that they don't already. 

They are communist. It's a one party system. Just because they change since inception doesn't mean they are no longer communist. The Soviet Union had changes throughout their time too.

As the West has, but we would still consider the U.S and Canada a democracy and capitalist.

Also what does Trump even have to do with this. Almost no one wants to start a war. Get your prejudice out of here man. 

These threads start and people just want to squeeze their own hate into it (either hating Biden, or hating Trump supporters)

Prejudice?

Listen, the thing with the Uighurs is not since yesterday. All of a sudden, at the end of his failed so called presidency, Trump and his supporters, remembered them, and are crying crocodile tears. About the same effen muslims they demonize in the US, tell them to go back to where they came from??? Now we have to belive they are sincerely worrying about muslims in China? 

• Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Buds,

Appeasement never works.

North Korea calls itself a democratic Republic 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Buds,

Appeasement never works.

They can call themself anyway they want to, buds. There has never been a comunist country ever in the world. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, odas said:

They can call themself anyway they want to, buds. There has never been a comunist country ever in the world. 

Never, huh