Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reparations for slave descendants?

Eldorado

President Joe Biden supports a study on whether descendants of enslaved people in the United States should receive reparations, White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said on Wednesday, as the issue was being debated on Capitol Hill.

HR-40, a bill to fund the study of “slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies” has been floated in Congress for more than 30 years, but never taken up for a full vote.

Democratic Representative Sheila Jackson Lee reintroduced it in January.

Full Reuters report

This bill establishes the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans. The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies. Among other requirements, the commission shall identify (1) the role of the federal and state governments in supporting the institution of slavery, (2) forms of discrimination in the public and private sectors against freed slaves and their descendants, and (3) lingering negative effects of slavery on living African-Americans and society.

Congress

2 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I think what is even more prejudice is stereotyping all and only African-Americans as welfare recipients and receiving public housing. I guess you think other races have not received those things.

Other races aren't being considered for reparations.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/food-stamps-ebt-snap-numbers-by-race/

Population by race:
White: 224,000,000
Black: 39,000,000
Hispanic: 50,400,000
Number of people on Food Stamps by race.
White: 19,475,000
Black: 17,100,000
Hispanic: 8,550,000
Percent of population on Food Stamps by Race:
White: 8.6%
Black: 43.8%
Hispanic: 17%
www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Other races aren't being considered for reparations.

https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/food-stamps-ebt-snap-numbers-by-race/

Not talking about that. Talking about stereotyping all and only African-Americans as receivers of welfare and public housing. But thanks for proving otherwise with your link.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Not talking about that. Talking about stereotyping all and only African-Americans as receivers of welfare and public housing. But thanks for proving otherwise with your link.

Blacks are stereotyped that way by the constant drum beat of the media and politicians falling over themselves to keep it in the forefront of their courageous battle to remedy the situation whether real or perceived.

Like Morgan Freeman said about racism "Stop talking about it"

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Katniss said:

I think what is even more prejudice is stereotyping all and only African-Americans as welfare recipients and receiving public housing. I guess you think other races have not received those things.

more prejudice than what?   

the proposals is only about blacks, so i'm talking about blacks who already get "reparations"   i never said only blacks get PA,  it is you who read it that way, so maybe your outlook is the problem,  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Blacks are stereotyped that way by the constant drum beat of the media and politicians falling over themselves to keep it in the forefront of their courageous battle to remedy the situation whether real or perceived.

Blame Game? Because the stereotyping didn't start with the media and politicians. They just conveyed the issue to a larger audience.

Like Morgan Freeman said about racism "Stop talking about it"

I think the Asian-American community would probably disagree with Morgan Freeman right now since their seniors are being killed by racist attackers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I think the Asian-American community would probably disagree with Morgan Freeman right now since their seniors are being killed by racist attackers

What? Lol

Was there a single news story or something. 

That's not true at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

Lol. I see you deleted your statement. Also, you don't know what race I am. Smart move on your part.

• Like 4

Lol. I see you deleted your statement. Also, you don't know what race I am. Smart move on your part.

i deleted cuz i  thought you were talking about African Americans, , and yes there were few attacks on Asian American seniors lately,

, your race however bears no significance to me, because no matter what it is there is always other representative of that race that  will tell you same thing i did, you do not speak for entire race even if  it is yours, cut it may  seem like you stereotyping entire race, something you tried to shame me of doing few posts above

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

in any case lets get back to the topic of African Americans who never experienced slavery demanding reparations, from whites who never enslaved anyone.

by the same logic, Germany has to pay me  double amount, since my Jewish ancestors and Russian ancestors suffered greatly 80 years ago,  oh lets not forget Egypt they enslaved my ancestors too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Blame Game? Because the stereotyping didn't start with the media and politicians. They just conveyed the issue to a larger audience.

I think the Asian-American community would probably disagree with Morgan Freeman right now since their seniors are being killed by racist attackers.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-made-street-attack-91-year-california-man/story?id=75777652

Alameda County District Attorney Nancy O’Malley announced the arrest of Yahya Muslim during a news conference with Oakland’s newly appointed police chief LeRonne Armstrong.

The prosecutor alleged that on the same day, Muslim attacked two other people in Chinatown, a 60-year-old man and a 55-year-old woman, in similar fashion.

"We have charged him with three counts of assault that involve three separate victims," O'Malley said.

Muslim has also been charged with multiple counts of elder abuse stemming from the Chinatown attacks.

Since you didn't expound on which race I'll give you just one example and yes the white race is guilty too. I'm sure that your mindset could only claim white people doing the assaults as it's commonly known that only white people can be racist.

If one wanted to reignite TRUE race hate, I can't think of a more effective means to employ than to tax everyone more to pay one race for the suffering of their ancestors.  

• Like 5

but that is exactly what is happening, liberals are doing everything to destroy the country, and the absolute foolproof way to do it is to create racial\nationalistic tensions, every single country that had that fell apart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, aztek said:

more prejudice than what?   

the proposals is only about blacks, so i'm talking about blacks who already get "reparations"   i never said only blacks get PA,  it is you who read it that way, so maybe your outlook is the problem,  

Just because you didn't say it doesn't mean you didn't mean it that way. And that's the tell of your statement, because you didn't bother to mention other races receiving welfare and public housing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Just because you didn't say it doesn't mean you didn't mean it that way.  And that's the tell of your statement, because you didn't bother to mention other races receiving welfare and public housing.

seriously ?? you know what i meant better than i do myself?

you are prime example of virtue signaling mixed with outrage culture , you get outraged over something YOU PRECIEVE, not over something that is really there..

I DO NOT HAVE TO MENTION OTHER RACES, WHEN WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOU TOTHER RACES.  can you comprehend that simple concept?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

but that is exactly what is happening, liberals are doing everything to destroy the country, and the absolute foolproof way to do it is to create racial\nationalistic tensions, every single country that had that fell apart.

Reparations for black Americans are the perfect way to keep everyone hating each other

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/515928-reparations-african-americans-us/

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

What? Lol

Was there a single news story or something. 

That's not true at all.

At all? Where have you been, Sparty.  :rolleyes: The attacks have been happening since mid 2020.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/02/12/asian-hate-incidents-covid-19-lunar-new-year/4447037001/

https://www.thecut.com/2021/02/the-us-is-seeing-a-massive-spike-in-anti-asian-hate-crimes.html

https://www.eater.com/22279143/asian-american-violence-attacks-covid-19-save-chinatown-efforts

• Like 3