Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malcolm X family want the case reopened

Eldorado

The daughters of assassinated US black civil rights leader Malcolm X have requested that the murder investigation be reopened in light of new evidence.

They cite a deathbed letter from a man who was a policeman at the time of the 1965 killing, alleging New York police and the FBI conspired in the murder.

Raymond Wood wrote his responsibility was to ensure Malcolm X's security team were arrested days before he was shot dead in Manhattan, his family says.

Three men were convicted of the murder.

Full report at the BBC: Link

• Like 4

Well that is interesting new evidence

• Like 1

It doesn't matter to me. All of them FBI, NYPD and NOI most likely wanted him dead anyway. Suppose it was just a matter of time. Regarding the firebombing of Malcolms home NOI member "Thomas 15X Johnson acknowledged that the Nation definitely did it". Also Elijah Muhammad publicly stated after assassination, he was glad Malcolm died.

The aftermath between NOI and Malcolmites was crazy. Mosque No. 7 got firebombed. Then some of Malcolms entourage Robert Smith, Leon Ameer (claimed he had evidence the U.S. gov was involved in assassination) both found dead. Years later, Malcolm's daughter Qubilah hired a hitman to murder Farrakhan (Malcolm X A Life of Reinvention, Manning Marable). 

I wouldn't be suprised if Elijah Muhammad or Farrakhan ordered hit. Most of the drama started over Muhammads extramarital affairs and illegitimate children. Another false prophet (like David Koresh) who needed to spread his seed in multiple young girls.

Edited by Bed of chaos

32 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Didn't the family suspect Farrakhan the whole time? 

Farrakhan.... FBI..... they knew the killer started with an “F”.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Didn't the family suspect Farrakhan the whole time? 

Supposedly (A Life of Reinvention) Muhammads son (Wallace) "Sat down with Malcolm alone in October (1963), telling him that his fathers extramarital sexual activity was "as bad as it ever was". Malcolm went to Farrakhan for help. Then Farrakhan "casually told him that he would have to inform Muhammad that Malcolm had been discussing the infidelities with other ministers. When Louis gave his version of these events to Elijah Muhammad, the apostle would never fully trust Malcolm again, and he began to look at Louis as Malcolm's possible successor".

I think Farrakhans a snake. There's many more examples of shady maneuvers, betrayal. Anyway, when E. Muhammad died. Wallace quickly stripped Farrakhan of his Harlem ministry.

• Thanks 1

He was always a snake, as far as I'm concerned. I know it doesn't make him guilty, but I don't put it past Farrakhan one bit. Gaudy, holier than thou POS. And hateful, I don't feel Malcolm X was hateful 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The daughters of assassinated US black civil rights leader Malcolm X have requested that the murder investigation be reopened in light of new evidence.

They cite a deathbed letter from a man who was a policeman at the time of the 1965 killing, alleging New York police and the FBI conspired in the murder.

Raymond Wood wrote his responsibility was to ensure Malcolm X's security team were arrested days before he was shot dead in Manhattan, his family says.

Three men were convicted of the murder.

Full report at the BBC: Link

This is an interesting development into the true crime aspect of this case. 

• Like 1