Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Carnoferox

Alleged thylacine photos to be released

30 posts in this topic

MrBene

I was following /highstrangeness subreddit too and yeah, chances are almost non-existant but I still want to see the photos because I'm curious how someone who had been around Tasmania for a long while and it is educated in local fauna can confuse a regular local animal with a thylacine. 

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, MrBene said:

I'm curious how someone who had been around Tasmania for a long while and it is educated in local fauna can confuse a regular local animal with a thylacine. 

Have enough of those James Squire draughts and you'll confuse it for a beluga :rofl: 

• Haha 1

Myles
On 2/23/2021 at 1:02 AM, Carnoferox said:

Nick Mooney of the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery has confirmed that the photos are pademelons and not thylacines. Who could’ve guessed that Neil would make the same mistake again? :lol:

So he plans on a March 1st release, but he shows people and lets them discredit them?    he not a very good con artist.  

• Haha 2

oldrover
6 hours ago, Myles said:

So he plans on a March 1st release, but he shows people and lets them discredit them?    he not a very good con artist.  

Ah, but perhaps not. If someone got a hell of a lot of attention (Christ alone knows why) by being able to claim they'd handed photos of whatever to the experts for scrutiny, whatever those experts said they couldn't release them without the owner's permission. If they were so inclined I'm sure the owner could string it out under some tawdry little conspiracy  angle for a very long time to come. Especially if they had an especially 'trusting' following. 

Or perhaps it'd just be a plain old stupid move. 

• Like 2

openozy
1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Or perhaps it'd just be a plain old stupid move.

It is Tasmania, lol.