Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Society in 20 years

spartan max2

Just a thread of what changes people forsee in society within the next 20 years.

I think the most obvious changes will be electric cars and self driving vehicles becoming dominate forms of transportation.

The birth of private space flight. We will see more private shuttle launches and trips.

Unfortunately, I don't forsee ant huge medical advances but I hope to be wrong.

What do you guys predict?

Note: This thread is not about politics, so post about political stuff and excessive doom and gloom are not welcome.

• Like 7

I predict that in the first world countries the electric cars will become more prevalent but we will not be rid of the fossil fuels; we will have a lot more health issues due to processed food, lack of parklands, inability to pay for a gym membership and no place to get exercise outside, pollution and contaminated water; fewer people will know how to cook their own food, more people will be addicted to video games and there will be new rehab facilities just for that; life expectancy will drop; we will be voting by our television and which news channel we watch.

In third world countries not much will change in 20 years.   

• Like 6

In the next twenty years, in the developed world all cars will be self driving and few people will own their own vehicle.  The majority of transportation will be mass transit and many if not most jobs will be work from home.

There will also be some kind of Universal Basic Income.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I predict that in the first world countries the electric cars will become more prevalent but we will not be rid of the fossil fuels; we will have a lot more health issues due to processed food, lack of parklands, inability to pay for a gym membership and no place to get exercise outside, pollution and contaminated water; fewer people will know how to cook their own food, more people will be addicted to video games and there will be new rehab facilities just for that; life expectancy will drop; we will be voting by our television and which news channel we watch.

Well aren't you a ball of sunshine :lol: lol

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

In the next twenty years, in the developed world all cars will be self driving and few people will own their own vehicle.  The majority of transportation will be mass transit and many if not most jobs will be work from home.

There will also be some kind of Universal Basic Income.

I think most jobs becoming work from home would do alot to solve housing issues. If people could build houses anywhere and still have job opportunities than the supply would probably go up making housing more affordable.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think most jobs becoming work from home would do alot to solve housing issues. If people could build houses anywhere and still have job opportunities than the supply would probably go up making housing more affordable.

You still need the power grid and infrastructure to support people so the places where large populations live probably wouldn't change too much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You still need the power grid and infrastructure to support people so the places where large populations live probably wouldn't change too much.

Yeah but they can keep building on the edge of town because people won't be buying based on commute time. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Speaking of video games.

Recent study showed boys who play video games had lower risk of depression.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/02/210218201158.htm

• Like 1

I think we may see tec developments in the ComAg sector. Some of it to handle changes in migratory workers and some because of smaller farming restructuring. Along with some side-results like a more serious interest in self-sustainability with food, and more societal acceptance of imperfect ComAg foods. Greening urban spaces will have become more common.

We will see some new materials come out for the fashion industry from a change in the hemp industry. Hemp will have made an impact on the paper and petro/chem industries as well. Many forms of glitter common today will be banned due to micro plastics problems- more eco friendly versions will be commonly found.

Human burials will have mostly shifted to cremations and green burials. Potters fields will have become more prevalent again, and old underground vault burials not as common. 

Finding a regular old incandescent lightbulb in regular stores will no longer be an option. By then sold out and hard to find outside vintage/specialty sellers. LED will rule the spectrums. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

A bit like this,but much more 1984, population split between elite and citizens.citizens eat synthesized food,universal id social ratings apply.ban on travel because of ongoing virus restrictions,on and off lockdowns.population decreases because people aren't allowed to mix and socialize.citizens allocated jobs depending on what the elite need..msm and elite world government bombard people with constant propaganda,people think they have never had it so good.

On the upside,hoverboards and massive tellys.

So in 20 years it will be like modern north korea but with better technology..and hoverboards and massive tellys.to watch state controlled programmes about the glorious elite.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

So in 20 years it will be like modern north korea but with better technology..and hoverboards and massive tellys.to watch state controlled programmes about the glorious elite.

Well I will gladly give up my freedoms for a hoverboard and a massive telly :tsu:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well I will gladly give up my freedoms for a hoverboard and a massive telly :tsu:

I just hope the regulation haircut includes a bald patch.

• Haha 5

Scandinavia will be voted happiest region on earth for the 23rd time in a row.   America will still be recovering from its civil insurrection.    Spectator sports and stadiums will be giving way to e-games.  Fielding a team will be inexpensive enough to do away with billionaire team owners.

Skilled physical professions will still require onsite visits by technicians and repair people.  People working at home by computer will find themselves vulnerable to replacement by AI expert systems.  They are easier to develop and deploy than gracile robots.

Younger people may see little value in owning cars or homes.  

Some kind of back to earth movement will still be going strong. 

CRISPR technology may separate past from future generations.

• Like 2

3D movies failed twice. Third time's the charm when its holographic without glasses.

We will never have flying cars, but airspace in cities will be regulated to permit large drones, who can carry a single person.

Phones will be built into clothes or jewelry, so you will have several, but only one number, if you only need one. Your phones will collaborate and share a single database.

We will beat cancer, allergies and addiction. But you'll need to pay. Cures won't come cheap.

We will still struggle with the same moral issues and bickering as we do today. Tech might change, but we don't.

• Like 1

electric cars will dominate, but the much heralded  self driving cars will be very limited in ability

The USA will be still be recovering from the economic shock of not being biggest economy in the world - some introspection will take place when the USA realises it didn't make the best of the good times with crumbling infrastructure and social and health services. It won't be the only country in that position. 

Big tech monopolies will be in freefall as consumers turn against the use and sharing of personal data and, no one private or corporate trusts cloud storage

Live to air television will be a niche, with consumers having moved almost entirely to view on demand. 

The best and most expensive tablets will be flexible (roll ups)

More people will be playing and watching eSports than the real thing. 

The world will become more isolationist than today - with todays major economies encouraging citizens to buy 'Home made' to slow down the balancing of economies. 

I don't see the world still dealing with COVID (2020-22 problem), but I imagine humans established underground Lunar colonies or in the planets Mars or Venus which has solid surfaces supported by private space travel and exploration companies of the likes of Space X and Tesla. 

I would love to see an acceleration of space exploration, both robotic and manned missions. The pure science missions can be left to the bots, but a new space station, lunar and Martian colonies are feasible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Can't you guys do something about those Democrats?

https://legiscan.com/IL/text/HB3531/id/2301550

Growing up I never really ran into a rated M obstacle to buying a game except for GTA. I feel like they slap that M rating on games easier now though. 

Australia gets pretty strict about it I've heard. Wasent mortal combat banned a few times ?

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Growing up I never really ran into a rated M obstacle to buying a game except for GTA. I feel like they slap that M rating on games easier now though. 

Australia gets pretty strict about it I've heard. Wasent mortal combat banned a few times ?

I know Manhunt was because at the time there was no "R" rating for video games.  That rating was introduced sometime after that.

MA 15+ games can contain strong violence such as shooting with a variety of real-life military weapons, as well as some blood and gore. These games are legally restricted to people aged 15 years and over.

R 18+ games can contain high impact violence that may be frequent, realistic and feature decapitations and dismemberment. These games can show detailed wounds and large amounts of blood and gore. These games are legally restricted to adults only.
Young children may be disturbed by this type of violence in video games or find it difficult to understand or deal with.

https://www.classification.gov.au/classification-ratings/whats-ok-for-children/does-your-child-play-violent-video-games#:~:text=Check the classification rating,-Australian classification laws&text=These games are legally restricted,amounts of blood and gore.

I wonder how much the gore is noticed when you move to the online version of a game.