Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Poncho_Peanatus

The most mysterious song on the internet

37 posts in this topic

Poncho_Peanatus
17 hours ago, the13bats said:

Okay my good friend D-rat comments on my reply in the old thread and see this in new threads and was oh hell the matrix hiccupped.

So my updated reply....

I went and listened to it again, i was booking lots of bands and spinning 1 to 7 nights a week in the 80s, i likely wouldnt have played this song  it is just a bit to mediocre generic sounding,

I also believe it wasnt ever popular or someone would raise a hand and say who it is,

The thing is it might have involved 2 or 3 people in a garage studio and they dont know or care anyones hunting the song and like i said in the other thread they might have all passed away, 80s wasnt yesterday.

I dont find it odd it cant be found, for example i got a demo vhs in the 80s the goth band was out of south fl tampa area name "immaculate deception" song "its already been done" i lost the video and never could find them, no other people in the music scene here heard of them and they are not the death metal band of same name.

Another is a parody of la bamba, i had the demo cant recall bands name song was "words to la bamba".

There are likely billions of songs in the world i simply do not find it odd some cant be found of identified.

So you lost the demo, what a shame. Do you have any other demo around?

Tom1200
On 2/23/2021 at 2:36 AM, the13bats said:

There are likely billions of songs in the world i simply do not find it odd some cant be found of identified.

I once heard an interview with Sir Paul McCartney.  They played him some recently discovered Beatles songs he'd written & recorded 40, 50 years previously.  He didn't remember or recognise them.

More music is released each day than you could listen to in a year, yet the radio stations play the same dozen tracks over, and over, and over, and over, and ...

• Like 3

ted hughes

This reminds me that no-one knows who 'the dancing troll girl' is either, though she has been perennially popular on the internet.

onlookerofmayhem
14 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

This reminds me that no-one knows who 'the dancing troll girl' is either, though she has been perennially popular on the internet.

Robin-Mary Paris?

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
On 2/23/2021 at 8:35 AM, ouija ouija said:

Does it matter?

Yes it matters.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

the13bats
1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

I once heard an interview with Sir Paul McCartney.  They played him some recently discovered Beatles songs he'd written & recorded 40, 50 years previously.  He didn't remember or recognise them.

More music is released each day than you could listen to in a year, yet the radio stations play the same dozen tracks over, and over, and over, and over, and ...

Ive been or was ( semi retired ) a DJ since the early 80s i simply couldnt do radio, i was offered shows and regret it a little only because of the $$$ but at the time the club was doing good, bands etc so i kept at where i was happy,

We know why radio plays the same stuff but no, not something i would want to be locked into.

I have no doubts musicians like sir paul have forgotten tracks,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ouija ouija
6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes it matters.

No, it doesn't matter. For something to matter it must be important or significant . . . . it is neither of these things. That doesn't mean that it isn't interesting or intriguing to you, but it doesn't matter.

Golden Duck
On 2/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, Poncho_Peanatus said:

I like this one, Its the same song just somebody added some random 80s clips. Make me nostalgic of the 80s even if Im to young to have experienced that decade.

Not enough horses

• Confused 1

Poncho_Peanatus
On 2/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, ted hughes said:

Somebody is sure its Robin Mary Paris 

Poncho_Peanatus
On 2/28/2021 at 11:12 PM, Golden Duck said:

Not enough horses

I dont understand

• Haha 1

ted hughes
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

Somebody is sure its Robin Mary Paris 

She denied this, and she should know, really. It is destined to be forever a mystery.

Edited by ted hughes

ted hughes

I found this YouTube comment:

After numerous searches for any personal information concerning Robin-Mary Paris, the only bio I could find was listed on the IMDb website. "Robin Mary Paris is an actress, known for Annie Hall (1977), Ryan's Hope (1975) and Beacon Hill (1975)." I could not find any additional information for Robin-Mary Paris also known as Robin Mary Paris with no hyphen between Robin and Mary. I found several videos with the subject listed as "Robin-Mary Paris" and "The Dancing Troll" including this video where "She is listed as a cast member in the WAC videos". A WAC (Women's Army Corps) is defined as "A member of a U.S. Army unit created for women during World War II and discontinued in the 1970s". My conclusion is that Robin-Mary Paris is indeed "The Dancing Troll". As to her current status, career, age, etc., that information is unknown at this time. As an Army veteran (1966-69) with service in Viet-Nam, I love "The Dancing Troll" since she typifies the women and fashion styles of the late 60's (That I dearly miss!), especially her micro-mini skirt. Thanks for posting this video.