Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
thedutchiedutch

Trump Tax Returns

27 posts in this topic

thedutchiedutch

In a significant defeat for former U.S. President Donald Trump, the Supreme Court on Monday declined to step in to halt the turnover of his tax records to a New York state prosecutor.

The court’s action is the apparent culmination of a lengthy legal battle that had already reached the high court once before.

Trump’s tax records are not supposed to become public as part of prosecutors’ criminal investigation, but the high court’s action is a blow to Trump because he has long fought on so many fronts to keep his tax records shielded from view. The ongoing investigation that the records are part of could also become an issue for Trump in his life after the presidency. Trump has called it “a fishing expedition” and “a continuation of the witch hunt _ the greatest witch hunt in history.”

Link to Source and Full Article : https://globalnews.ca/news/7654697/trump-tax-returns-supreme-court/

• Like 8

and then

The man was regularly being audited by the IRS due to the size and scope of his businesses but I'm SURE Cy Vance will find something that'll stick to the wall.  I'll say it again... you can smell their FEAR from here...  

• Like 4

thedutchiedutch
1 minute ago, and then said:

The man was regularly being audited by the IRS due to the size and scope of his businesses but I'm SURE Cy Vance will find something that'll stick to the wall.  I'll say it again... you can smell their FEAR from here...  

Wasn't he not being audited by the IRS ever since 2011 up to today ?

and then
20 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Wasn't he not being audited by the IRS ever since 2011 up to today ?

AFAIK he's still under audit.  The point is that dragging him into court over his tax returns, especially from years back, is a purely partisan attack and just like the rest of this garbage, they will not stop until they either hound the man into submission OR put him in a jail cell.  If they manage to do THAT, I truly believe we'll be seeing one hell of a lot of blowback.  You'd think they'd be satisfied with removing him from office but NOOOOO.  They want blood.  They want ruin.  That kind of hate is purely PATHOLOGICAL.  No other term for it.  They are scared spitless and are on the edge of straight up insanity where he's concerned.  It is a disgusting spectacle and if they aren't careful they'll set a precedent that will come back to gut a few of them at some point.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

thedutchiedutch
34 minutes ago, and then said:

AFAIK he's still under audit.  The point is that dragging him into court over his tax returns, especially from years back, is a purely partisan attack and just like the rest of this garbage, they will not stop until they either hound the man into submission OR put him in a jail cell.  If they manage to do THAT, I truly believe we'll be seeing one hell of a lot of blowback.  You'd think they'd be satisfied with removing him from office but NOOOOO.  They want blood.  They want ruin.  That kind of hate is purely PATHOLOGICAL.  No other term for it.  They are scared spitless and are on the edge of straight up insanity where he's concerned.  It is a disgusting spectacle and if they aren't careful they'll set a precedent that will come back to gut a few of them at some point.  

If I am not mistaken, this investigation in regards to his tax returns, first focused on hush money paid by trump’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen before the 2016 election to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal. The two women claimed they had sexual encounters with Trump, which he denied. And I was reading that recent court filings, suggest that the probe is now broader and could focus on potential bank, tax and insurance fraud, as well as falsification of business records and now that trump lost his "protection" as a president, they can finally claim his returns so in my opinion It's about fraud and anybody accused and suspected of fraud should be able to be investigated whether you are the president or not. 

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Autochthon1990

If he's innocent he has nothing to fear.

If I win the lottery tomorrow I'm buying a catamaran. 

Both have the same odds of actually being part of our reality

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agent0range
1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

If I am not mistaken, this investigation in regards to his tax returns, first focused on hush money paid by trump’s former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen before the 2016 election to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal. The two women claimed they had sexual encounters with Trump, which he denied. And I was reading that recent court filings, suggest that the probe is now broader and could focus on potential bank, tax and insurance fraud, as well as falsification of business records and now that trump lost his "protection" as a president, they can finally claim his returns so in my opinion It's about fraud and anybody accused and suspected of fraud should be able to be investigated whether you are the president or not. 

Or the business expense paid to a consultant on a Hawaiian project that matched the exact sum that Ivanka reported in her financial disclosures...but it just so happens she was project manager on the project.  Weird.  Paying a Project Manager a consultation fee?  Law and order...amirite?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tatetopa

It may not be politics that gives President Trump the most trouble but finance.  Those qualities that his supporters love may not be so popular with banks, investors, and donors.  He has diversified from real estate to PACs as well and is successfully raising hundreds of million dollars from his supporters. A good portion of the money may well go to personal legal fees, but most of his supporters will not complain about that.

It has been asked, how will we deal with the millions of people who believe the election was rigged and stolen from Trump.  Dominion may add him to the lawsuit along with Rudy, Sydney and My Pillow guy for making fraudulent statements. Georgia is still investigating him for the phone call he made. Millions of people don't care and will dismiss all of that.

On the other hand there are millions more who just as fervently believe that President Trump was a conman and  conniver who did collude with Russia.  One might ask why they did not let the matter drop when Trump left office?  It might be because they believed that no other president has done so much damage to the republic by blatant self-serving lies.  Just a thought.

The two points of view will never come together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

the13bats
2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Or the business expense paid to a consultant on a Hawaiian project that matched the exact sum that Ivanka reported in her financial disclosures...but it just so happens she was project manager on the project.  Weird.  Paying a Project Manager a consultation fee?  Law and order...amirite?

She gets 2 paychecks that way :tu:

• Like 1

Golden Duck
5 hours ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

20210217_135301.jpg

He's in their minds?

• Like 1

and then
3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

The two women claimed they had sexual encounters with Trump, which he denied. 

Paying women-and men - to shut up about an affair is so common that the Congress has a damned SLUSH FUND they use to pay these noisy ex-lovers off with.  The fact that he paid those women to shut up and go away broke NO LAWS...none.  That kind of situation happens every day in this country.  It's only considered earth-shaking because the Bad Orange Man did it.  If he broke laws then by all means he needs to held accountable but when all is said and done you will see these people will NEVER STOP until they end any ability he might have to interfere with their territory in DC again.  Watch it happen. 

Putting a former U.S. President in prison for breaking tax laws is ridiculous unless there is proof that he created a HUGE criminal act.  I'm not going to argue this point any longer.  It's useless but if they keep pushing and he starts pushing back by rallying his very large support base, their desire to put the man in a cell could lead to some very serious repercussions for America.  Far worse than any crime of his could justify.  You'd think the man was a mass murderer by the rhetoric we see from the Left.  It's disgusting and unless those on the Left manage to complete their moves to solidify control of the nation for years to come, they may just find that their new precedent winds up biting THEM before much longer.

• Like 4

South Alabam

I'm really interested to see how a man who is worth hundreds of millions has managed to pay no taxes for 10 of 15 years and very little for the other 5, and once getting a $79,000,000 tax refund.

He is either extremely brilliant, or a tax cheat. And seeing how he wanted to stay in Office so bad, it sounds like he wanted the Presidency to keep shielding him from these things. So I'd be willing to bet tax crimes. 

Here is a good example that will be hard to explain.  Did Trump overvalue his properties? Here's what we know (boston.com)

The sprawling property north of New York City was purchased for $7.5 million in 1995. But by 2014, the Trump Organization said it was worth $291 million in financial documents its officers prepared when they were seeking a bank loan. Four years later, on Trump’s ethics disclosure form, it was listed as being worth no more than $50 million.

There are very good reasons to investigate this man who has refused to hand over tax documents to investigators all while claiming it is "politically motivated."

His mouth will keep him in litigation for years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Tatetopa
1 hour ago, and then said:

Putting a former U.S. President in prison for breaking tax laws is ridiculous unless there is proof that he created a HUGE criminal act.  I'm not going to argue this point any longer.  It's useless but if they keep pushing and he starts pushing back by rallying his very large support base, their desire to put the man in a cell could lead to some very serious repercussions for America.  Far worse than any crime of his could justify. 

I am with you through some of this.  A jail sentence seems pretty over the top.  But then we diverge.  Do you want to live in a country where law is overcome by threats of violence?  Then the law and the nation have failed. I keep thinking of the Western movies where the  sheriff faces down a lynch mob not for the prisoner he actually hates, but for the law.

• Like 3

preacherman76

There is no way his taxes aren't legit. Someone in government would have leaked them. If there was anything amiss, he would have been impeached for it. 

• Like 3

thedutchiedutch
9 hours ago, and then said:

Paying women-and men - to shut up about an affair is so common that the Congress has a damned SLUSH FUND they use to pay these noisy ex-lovers off with.  The fact that he paid those women to shut up and go away broke NO LAWS...none.  That kind of situation happens every day in this country.  It's only considered earth-shaking because the Bad Orange Man did it.  If he broke laws then by all means he needs to held accountable but when all is said and done you will see these people will NEVER STOP until they end any ability he might have to interfere with their territory in DC again.  Watch it happen. 

Putting a former U.S. President in prison for breaking tax laws is ridiculous unless there is proof that he created a HUGE criminal act.  I'm not going to argue this point any longer.  It's useless but if they keep pushing and he starts pushing back by rallying his very large support base, their desire to put the man in a cell could lead to some very serious repercussions for America.  Far worse than any crime of his could justify.  You'd think the man was a mass murderer by the rhetoric we see from the Left.  It's disgusting and unless those on the Left manage to complete their moves to solidify control of the nation for years to come, they may just find that their new precedent winds up biting THEM before much longer.

Well, it's not like "the bad orange man" was such a kind leader and so understanding and approachable to everyone. It's not like he was such an example and rock for everyone, like a true leader should be. It's not like he was "the pride" of America and that he made America truly great again, instead he lied his way trough his term, he spread hate, he divided, he was a disgrace and a clown. In less than 4 years your country went from well respected to the worlds laughing stock thanks to the orange man and his administration. He managed to divide your people as well as the republican party. From day one he created so many enemies, no wonder he's got a target on his back. What comes around goes around. But besides that, he broke many laws, even before his presidency, he abused his power as a president of the U.S. and now that he no longer is "untouchable" he is going to pay for it all as he should. Trust me, in the next 6 months you will see all kind of things coming out that proves that trump was and is an absolute fraud and just because a large part of his base are unhinged brainwashed delusional extremists calling for armed protests and more should and cannot stop justice from happening. 

• Like 1

thedutchiedutch
2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

There is no way his taxes aren't legit. Someone in government would have leaked them. If there was anything amiss, he would have been impeached for it. 

Time will tell. 

thedutchiedutch
9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

He's in their minds?

Yeah. I was thinking that as well. Every time when trump comes up in a post these people jump on the post to defend him faster than a dung fly jumps on a fresh pile of ****. So yeah, in whose mind is he really lol

• Like 2

Desertrat56
12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It may not be politics that gives President Trump the most trouble but finance.  Those qualities that his supporters love may not be so popular with banks, investors, and donors.  He has diversified from real estate to PACs as well and is successfully raising hundreds of million dollars from his supporters. A good portion of the money may well go to personal legal fees, but most of his supporters will not complain about that.

It has been asked, how will we deal with the millions of people who believe the election was rigged and stolen from Trump.  Dominion may add him to the lawsuit along with Rudy, Sydney and My Pillow guy for making fraudulent statements. Georgia is still investigating him for the phone call he made. Millions of people don't care and will dismiss all of that.

On the other hand there are millions more who just as fervently believe that President Trump was a conman and  conniver who did collude with Russia.  One might ask why they did not let the matter drop when Trump left office?  It might be because they believed that no other president has done so much damage to the republic by blatant self-serving lies.  Just a thought.

The two points of view will never come together.

It's like Joel Ostien, Robert Tilton, Oral Roberts, the 700 club et al.  god said send me money and the zombies did.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

preacherman76
20 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Well, it's not like "the bad orange man" was such a kind leader and so understanding and approachable to everyone. It's not like he was such an example and rock for everyone, like a true leader should be. It's not like he was "the pride" of America and that he made America truly great again, instead he lied his way trough his term, he spread hate, he divided, he was a disgrace and a clown. In less than 4 years your country went from well respected to the worlds laughing stock thanks to the orange man and his administration. He managed to divide your people as well as the republican party. From day one he created so many enemies, no wonder he's got a target on his back. What comes around goes around. But besides that, he broke many laws, even before his presidency, he abused his power as a president of the U.S. and now that he no longer is "untouchable" he is going to pay for it all as he should. Trust me, in the next 6 months you will see all kind of things coming out that proves that trump was and is an absolute fraud and just because a large part of his base are unhinged brainwashed delusional extremists calling for armed protests and more should and cannot stop justice from happening. 

He tried to be everyone's president. The media and democrats were there after every word he spoke, to tell us that wasn't what he meant. Or wasn't even what he said. The lies and twisting of truth was on a level never before seen. 

BTW he didn't break any laws at all. Mueller's scope was wide and long as to what they could investigate, and they found nothing on him. 

• Like 2

Desertrat56
9 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I'm really interested to see how a man who is worth hundreds of millions has managed to pay no taxes for 10 of 15 years and very little for the other 5, and once getting a $79,000,000 tax refund.

It's possible he is not really worth that, he may be leveraged to his eyeballs and sold his future grandchildren's souls to appear worth hundreds of millions.  Even so, he has not paid taxes like a normal person, not even a normal millionaire.

• Like 2

aztek

I'm not sure how it looks from across the world, but in USA it is pretty clear, it is not about trump, anyone who would oppose globalism, and liberal\progressive agenda would have been subjected to what trump was., they are trying to show what will happen to anyone who is against them,  and there will be an uprising,  it is getting  to the point when it is absolutely needed.   when public school system in Oregon teaches that math is white supremacy, it is clear the country is being pushed off the cliff,  it is pretty clear something needs to be done, and voting wont help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Myles

I've never really cared about his taxes much.

If they make him look bad, they also make the IRS look bad since they audited him.    I assume he had his accountant do them and find every loophole for saving some money like we all do.  

• Like 3

preacherman76
19 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's possible he is not really worth that, he may be leveraged to his eyeballs and sold his future grandchildren's souls to appear worth hundreds of millions.  Even so, he has not paid taxes like a normal person, not even a normal millionaire.

You don't know that. And you certainly don't know how far millionaires go in order to not pay taxes. He has the same types of lawyers and accountants that other millionaire's have. You just for some reason need to think he is special in this regard.  

• Like 1

South Alabam
51 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Exactly. This man constantly trashed the media and called them "fake news" yet somehow they were supposed to write or say positive things about him?

According to Trump, no one adores woman more than him, yet many times he has called some "dogs" or other derogatory names if he didn't think they were beautiful.

He has called high ranking members of our military and government losers and other childish names, yet he is a stable genius and knows more than the Generals. His own words.

In 2016 he was screaming election fraud, massive fraud, rigged system etc.. in case he lost.  He won and challenged no laws.

In 2020 he was screaming election fraud, massive fraud, rigged system etc.. in case he lost.  He lost and challenged laws that were on the books too long to be challenged. 

Suppose in Pennsylvania it had been found that 14 people conspired to ensure Joe Biden win the election there. In this example, and what Trump wanted in real life was to disenfranchise millions of voters without doing a proper, controlled recount. Simply people cheated, give me the win. It doesn't work that way.

Trumps claims in court have been debunked time and time again, yet the same lies keep floating around. Many of the Judges in these courts are Trump appointed, and you can rest assured if tangible evidence had been presented to these courts it would not have been rejected and if it had been rejected would have been presented to the whole world as proof of bias against Trump or the Republican party in general. We see no examples of fraud, just debunked lies.

Concerning January 6th, he rebuffed calls to call in the national guard. He was watching the same news feeds we were and saw the chaos at the capital. He saw the rioters breaching the Capital and running amok. He at this point still rebuffed attempts to call in the National guard seeing the Capital was breached. He told them hours later, “I know your pain, I know your hurt." “But you have to go home now. We have to have peace, we have to have law and order.”  Even when told in a phone call By Tuberville that the Vice President was being evacuated and chants of "Hang Mike Pence" echoed in the background, Trump later tweeted Mike Pence lacked the courage to overturn the election result certification, something Pence told Trump in a letter he lacked constitutional power to do. The tweet, which most assuredly the rioters saw was almost a go ahead to execute Pence. Trump even called the rioters "special people" and said "he loved them", until cries of impeachment and even criminal liability against Trump started floating around. Then the very next day, he threw them under the bus, claiming they would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In typical Trump fashion, he showed he only cares about himself.

So you are right, it wasn't a question if he was a good President, but a great leader that needs to go with the Office. And he has never been a great leader. Just a sore loser.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1