Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

How slime mold stores memories

Eldorado

A neon-yellow slime mold can store memories, even though it lacks a nervous system. Now, scientists have found a new clue as to how the brainless blob manages this impressive feat.

The single-cell organism, known as Physarum polycephalum, belongs to the taxonomic group Amoebozoa, the same group as amoebas, Live Science previously reported. The blobs can exist as one tiny cell with one nucleus, the cell's control center, or multiple cells can fuse together to form one gargantuan cell with many nuclei. These fused cells can grow to cover dozens of square inches (hundreds of square centimeters) in area.

Full story at Live Science: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

ouija ouija

My first thought was: is this discovery edging us towards an understanding of homeopathy and the 'memory of water'?

Piney
2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

My first thought was: is this discovery edging us towards an understanding of homeopathy and the 'memory of water'?

My brother and stepmother experimented with the 'memory of water' back in the day. It didn't pan out.

I think water can conduct Qu'i- Maanituu and has a spiritual memory. But I don't think it has a chemical memory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2