Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO spotted during TV weather report

Eldorado

"This footage was filmed live from an helicopter over the city of São Paulo, Brazil on February 16, 2021.

"Like i said this is an insane footage of this UFO flying at some to speed and when we look it the object this doesn't move like a blimp nor looks like a plane or drone but what do you guys think?"

2mins 23secs:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When the object transitions from the darker to the lighter clouds you can make out a dark tail or what looks like a dark tail. Probably an Azul airliner. Well that's my take on the object.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

When the object transitions from the darker to the lighter clouds you can make out a dark tail or what looks like a dark tail. Probably an Azul airliner. Well that's my take on the object.

Would the speed/size of the thing fit with an Azul airliner?

I've just looked at some images of Azul airliners and they don't look 'fat' enough to be the thing in the video.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2

At the start of the video there are two white patches moving erratically at the top of the screen. I assume they are a reflection. Could the object be a reflection too? It has a peculiar motion which I think would explain that. The motion is almost like it's being viewed through a multifaceted lens.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Would the speed/size of the thing fit with an Azul airliner?

I've just looked at some images of Azul airliners and they don't look 'fat' enough to be the thing in the video.

Yeah I thought that too, but I considered the distortion from zooming in on the object into account. I just threw the airplane idea in there because I can't really tell what it is. Another thing I noticed is the object didn't seem to be ascending or descending but on a flat trajectory. That low over a city you'd expect the plane to be taking off or landing.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

At the start of the video there are two white patches moving erratically at the top of the screen. I assume they are a reflection. Could the object be a reflection too? It has a peculiar motion which I think would explain that. The motion is almost like it's being viewed through a multifaceted lens.

I think the 'two white patches' you mention are lightning flashing behind the clouds. After all, the filming was being done with the aim of capturing the storm.

• Thanks 1

It's a plane.  If anyone sees anything other than a plane...it's because they want to see something else.

• Thanks 1

It's a helicopter!   :lol:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

It's a plane.  If anyone sees anything other than a plane...it's because they want to see something else.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's a helicopter!   :lol:

It's way too fast to be a plane or a helicopter. :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Here's the original from the TV news coverage.  At the 1:51:55 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkb16kMFs0Q&t=0s

That was an interesting potato salad recipe at the beginning.   I fast forwarded to the helicopter  portion and it still looks like a helicopter in the distance.   No UFO here, move along.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"This footage was filmed live from an helicopter over the city of São Paulo, Brazil on February 16, 2021.

"Like i said this is an insane footage of this UFO flying at some to speed and when we look it the object this doesn't move like a blimp nor looks like a plane or drone but what do you guys think?"

2mins 23secs:

So is this your site you are pumping here, It is filmed through a window and out of focus its a small low flying aircraft coming in to land the airport is a few miles in the direction its going, no one seen update.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

So is this your site you are pumping here, It is filmed through a window and out of focus its a small low flying aircraft coming in to land the airport is a few miles in the direction its going, no one seen update.

6 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

This is not the original site. This is the original recording:

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's a news programme and shows the weather from their helicopter. Look at 1:51:55. Are you saying there has been an update on this sighting? What is it? Where did you get the update from?

• Thanks 1

That plane is hauling too much ass to be what, 500 feet  off  of the ground. I looked at the two airports in San Paulo and the plane also isn’t on a landing run at that angle (if I am correct from landmarks the orientation of helicopter).

Thats either a military drone or unidentified. Long range drones (some) have a chubby underbelly and will haul ass that low to the ground.

Edited by Nobu
  • Confused 1

Need to take into account the speed of the helicopter taking the video. It'll make the other object to appear to be going faster than it is.

• Like 3

I'm fascinated by the photogrammetry experts above who are proclaiming that it is 'too fast'...

2 questions... HOW fast exactly, do you think it was going?  And how exactly did you arrive at that 'conclusion'?  Show your work, please.

I'm happy to show how it is done, but you first....

I went back to this link for a higher resolution copy:

and this is one of the better frames, zoomed up until you can see the pixels..
UFOClipboard-2.jpg.f95844bd290d02f1942118d6273b34cb.jpg
Note the lousy resolution (check the buildings) - it is no better than about 4 pixels required before it begins to resolve anything, so there is no way to actually properly identifying the blob..  Note however at the top and to the right, there are vague artefacts suggesting some details above and right of the blob.  I would suggest that fits a helicopter, maybe a kilometre or so away.

I haven't done the actual photogrammetry yet (and can't be bothered until/unless there is some better reason), but I can tell you from my experience with flying, that motion speed is consistent with a chopper going the other way.  It's NOT 'too fast' and I can back that up with numbers if anyone seriously disagrees.  Try to imagine the choppers ground speed going left, above the foreground buildings...

It doesn't look faked, and the clarity (or lack thereof) of the blob is such that it cannot be on the windows (like the other raindrops, some of which did whizz by at a similar rate earlier in the vid) - the object must have been a reasonable distance, eg several hundred meters at the very least, probably more) from the camera.

Chopper.  Or less likely, a small plane. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

as usual- no one has asked the bleeding obvious question:

were there any reports of something strange flying over this highly populated area?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nobu said:

That plane is hauling too much ass to be what, 500 feet  off  of the ground. I looked at the two airports in San Paulo and the plane also isn’t on a landing run at that angle (if I am correct from landmarks the orientation of helicopter)

Can you show your working? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

were there any reports of something strange flying over this highly populated area?

Plus, a serious investigator could also use online flight tracking software (FlightAware, FlightRadar24, etc) to identify the aircraft - most of those online services have historical data so you can go back to the time and date .... and presto - aircraft ID.

Added - I just noticed the quality of the OP video.  EEEurgh.  Someone has used a very low-res version of the footage, and then amateurishly enlarged and 'enhanced' to exaggerate the contrast and oversharpen.  All of that means FALSE detail.

If you want to see the nearest to original footage, I gave this link earlier - here it is again....

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

It’s hauling too much ass. Other forums I am a member of  are also saying this is a military drone too. Well at least the military forum is.

Seems like a drone to me. It’s not a jet or prop plane. It’s not a quad copter. So IMO it’s either a military drone taking pictures of drug lords in San Paulo or you guys are about to get a true ufo stuffed down your throats.

@Golden Duck when I get to my laptop tonight I’ll screen shot what I “think” is the angle the copter was taking video of and what I think are the landmarks. I’ve only need to San Paulo a couple of times so I am not an expert at the city.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nobu said:

That plane is hauling too much ass to be what, 500 feet  off  of the ground. I looked at the two airports in San Paulo and the plane also isn’t on a landing run at that angle (if I am correct from landmarks the orientation of helicopter).

Thats either a military drone or unidentified. Long range drones (some) have a chubby underbelly and will haul ass that low to the ground.

Nobu, I note that over on another thread you referred to people here at UM being 'predictable' in terms of handwaving and making unsupported and false claims.

Now, here's the thing - what you have posted above is handwaving.  It's an unsupported and false claim.

So ironically, you are doing what you complain about.  Please correct that - explain how you came to the conclusions above, and let's all look at why they are incorrect.  I'm happy to provide my full explanation of why it is misleading, but YOU made the initial claim, so you first...  maybe get your military forum buddies to help you?

• Thanks 3