Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO spotted during TV weather report

Eldorado

7 minutes ago, Nobu said:

It’s hauling too much ass. Other forums I am a member of  are also saying this is a military drone too. Well at least the military forum is.

Seems like a drone to me. It’s not a jet or prop plane. It’s not a quad copter. So IMO it’s either a military drone taking pictures of drug lords in San Paulo or you guys are about to get a true ufo stuffed down your throats.

@Golden Duck when I get to my laptop tonight I’ll screen shot what I “think” is the angle the copter was taking video of and what I think are the landmarks. I’ve only need to San Paulo a couple of times so I am not an expert at the city.

I don't agree that it's too fast.  But, like others have mentioned, it seems a little low.  That's why I was looking at Sao Paolo air traffic.

You've said you've been there, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Sao Paolo a big, dense city with numerous - more than two - airports, and some residents are taking to the skies, with helicopters, to beat the road traffic congestion.

A military drone doesn't sound implausible but a little unlikely.  There's nothing that rules out the likelihood of a helicopter.

• Thanks 1

As an aside, for those unfamiliar with what aircraft tracking systems do and how public they are, here's Flightradar24, with a live view of what's happening right now in Sao Paulo:

https://www.flightradar24.com/-24,-46.85/8

As I post this it is the dead of night in Sao Paulo, so not a huge amount happening.. but feel free to look around, zoom in and out, click on any aircraft to see what it is...  That same site (and others like it) works across the globe - I use it to identify odd or interesting aircraft here in Brisbane Australia.

BTW, these systems usually have about a 2-5 minute lag, which actually works quite well - you can hear/see something go over your location and you have time to go to the site and you'll see it pretty much right where you saw the real thing.  Note that it includes traffic choppers, small planes, and even almost all military flights (they have to be heavily classified to escape public tracking), but I dunno about drones...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My common sense says that probably the TV news helicopter wasn't the only one in the area filming the upcoming storm so it sounds plausable to me that it is another news/weather helicopter.  Now, besides that, Brazil has these drones called "hermes 900" (I know because I live in Argentina and these drones usually patrol the triple frontier between Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil and somewhat were presented during the World Cup in that country) - you can google hermes 900 brazil - so it is not strange at all that one of those can be seen flying in the skies of Brazil (for different kind of reasons).  

EDIT: I do not think the Hermes 900 can be used for weather reasons. I think they have a smaller kind of drone for that kind of thing. 

Edited by MrBene
  • Thanks 3

Eldorado is the only puming up his own youtube site, Look its bull crap listen it was videoed in a huge storm  its nothing more than debris being blowing about there was roofs blowing off and the people there all know this apart from that site pumping the video..

Edited by johncbdg
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"This footage was filmed live from an helicopter over the city of São Paulo, Brazil on February 16, 2021.

"Like i said this is an insane footage of this UFO flying at some to speed and when we look it the object this doesn't move like a blimp nor looks like a plane or drone but what do you guys think?"

2mins 23secs:

Wind blown debris not a ufo this happens all the time when huge storms hit tin roofs fly through the air all in a mangled roll-up of tin...it is not even a ufo  as we know what it was so it is IFO....   

• Haha 4

On 2/23/2021 at 4:50 AM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah I thought that too, but I considered the distortion from zooming in on the object into account. I just threw the airplane idea in there because I can't really tell what it is. Another thing I noticed is the object didn't seem to be ascending or descending but on a flat trajectory. That low over a city you'd expect the plane to be taking off or landing.

Also water drops I think.  They are moving like that from air turbulence hitting the helicopter window.

11 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Eldorado is the only puming up his own youtube site, Look its bull crap listen it was videoed in a huge storm  its nothing more than debris being blowing about there was roofs blowing off and the people there all know this apart from that site pumping the video..

Some would say you might be engaging in the same practice with the items you post.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Wind blown debris not a ufo this happens all the time when huge storms hit tin roofs fly through the air all in a mangled roll-up of tin...it is not even a ufo  as we know what it was so it is IFO....   

You of all people dare call this "explained" with the piles of utter crap you spray here? Whatever this is, it's about 1000 times more convincing than the entirety of all the garbage you post.

I think it's just a drop of water being blown across the glass, myself.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I disagree with the water drop hypothesis, as the thing appears to be in clearer focus than those drops.  Things very near the lens are more out of focus (the lens is focused at/near infinity), so I think the thing is much further away than the window glass..

Don't have time right now, but I can show you what I mean.  L8r.... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, johncbdg said:

@Eldorado

You scoundrel!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 3

I've watched the whole thing again to see if I could see the water drop but in my opinion is an aircraft. Again, I think the camera dude didn't pay attention because he saw the object before but of course, this is just a guess. 

OK, a little bit of time.....  three things are wrong with the raindrop idea.

1. Focus.  The raindrops are VERY blurry and soft.  Here's a raindrop at left and the ufo at right, both zoomed up to show the pixels..
AA_rain.jpg.2a704423a48229a9f697fe1079945d56.jpgAA_ufo.jpg.3e27c7f770a3530152c08ee7522f58e0.jpg

Note how the UFO is significantly better defined / sharper and is much less 'spread' - that means it is likely more in focus, and therefore further away..

2. Appearance.  Note the ufo is mostly bright at top, darker at base.  Raindrops invert the scene, so they are mostly the other way up...  None of the raindrops look like the ufo, imo.

3. Image stabilisation.  Watch the video when it shows those raindrops - see how they wobble up and down constantly, relative to the background scene?  That vertical wobble, imnsho, is mostly caused by the camera's Image Stabilisation at work - it is stabilising the cityscape against the vibrations of the helicopter, and it has to effectively wobble the lens elements to keep the background cityscape scene steady.  As the 'thing' is part of that scene, it doesn't wobble either...  The raindrops, however, are attached to the helicopter's structure, which is wobbling relative to the camera.

So unless anyone can argue against the above... it's not a raindrop.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

OK, a little bit of time.....  three things are wrong with the raindrop idea.

1. Focus.  The raindrops are VERY blurry and soft.  Here's a raindrop at left and the ufo at right, both zoomed up to show the pixels..
AA_rain.jpg.2a704423a48229a9f697fe1079945d56.jpgAA_ufo.jpg.3e27c7f770a3530152c08ee7522f58e0.jpg

Note how the UFO is significantly better defined / sharper and is much less 'spread' - that means it is likely more in focus, and therefore further away..

2. Appearance.  Note the ufo is mostly bright at top, darker at base.  Raindrops invert the scene, so they are mostly the other way up...  None of the raindrops look like the ufo, imo.

3. Image stabilisation.  Watch the video when it shows those raindrops - see how they wobble up and down constantly, relative to the background scene?  That vertical wobble, imnsho, is mostly caused by the camera's Image Stabilisation at work - it is stabilising the cityscape against the vibrations of the helicopter, and it has to effectively wobble the lens elements to keep the background cityscape scene steady.  As the 'thing' is part of that scene, it doesn't wobble either...  The raindrops, however, are attached to the helicopter's structure, which is wobbling relative to the camera.

So unless anyone can argue against the above... it's not a raindrop.

It was a tin roof blowing in the storm force wind make all the pictures you want there are no Ailiens in it or are you telling me you now think Aliens are real

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, johncbdg said:

It was a tin roof blowing in the storm force wind make all the pictures you want there are no Ailiens in it or are you telling me you now think Aliens are real

To put it politely; what is wrong with you?

Your videos and threads are more garbage than most. You post videos of non-descript out-of-focus lights from non-stabilised horrible resolution cameras.

There’s an aerodrome in your area which could account for much of what you post. 

You push your YouTube channel with the same garbage footage from years ago regurgitated here.

And now you’ve started to troll threads.

Do you need help? Honest question. 
Reach out if you do please. I’d be happy to have a sincere chat human to human.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, johncbdg said:

Readers will note that this rather pointless and angry troll 'contribution':

- did not address / debate / comment on the content he quoted

- makes silly claims about a tin roof and "Ailiens" {sic}

So, allow me to put on my psychiatrist's hat...  it seems clear that Johncbdg is upset that when he posts imagery (like this), it gets laughed at and dismissed - but here we have some footage that is both good enough and puzzling enough to warrant a bit of actual thought and analysis.  John thinks that is highly unfair.  I think it is richly deserved ...

• Like 5

On 2/23/2021 at 6:47 AM, ouija ouija said:

It's way too fast to be a plane or a helicopter.

There is a relative motion between the observer and the object.  The camera was not stationary on the ground. The speed of the observer and the speed of the object add as vectors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've watched the whole segment again to see if there's any other aircraft around that was filmed before with no luck. Also, have you guys watched the original video and the "ufo" part at 0.25 speed? (using the youtube settings). Are those pixels that "flashes" in front of the object, video compression? Does it look like that because the object is moving fast? 

MP6YlMy.png

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, joc said:

It's a plane.  If anyone sees anything other than a plane...it's because they want to see something else.

I want to see something else! How exciting it would be to see concrete evidence of ET life! Sadly, I don't think it will be in my life time- in fact, we seem to be over the period of maximum 'evidence' which I think may have been a few decades ago.

Edited by ted hughes

7 hours ago, MrBene said:

I've watched the whole segment again to see if there's any other aircraft around that was filmed before with no luck. Also, have you guys watched the original video and the "ufo" part at 0.25 speed? (using the youtube settings). Are those pixels that "flashes" in front of the object, video compression? Does it look like that because the object is moving fast?   

Good questions.  Sadly, because of the nature of video compression, coupled with the fact that Youtube's tools are optimised for bandwidth not quality, you simply can't rely on anything you see from using their tools - you really need to get back to the original footage, and then use professional video analysis techniques.

You are correct to suspect that anomalies like pixels preceding a moving object and the object jumping around, ie forward then back, etc are likely to be false effects.  Video compression, interlacing, quantisation and sharpening effects, can all add false detail.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, Timothy said:

Your videos and threads are more garbage than most. You post videos of non-descript out-of-focus lights from non-stabilised horrible resolution cameras.

There’s an aerodrome in your area which could account for much of what you post. 

You push your YouTube channel with the same garbage footage from years ago regurgitated here.

But facts are facts tin roof blowing in the wind.....you kmow it we all know it..

20 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Good questions.  Sadly, because of the nature of video compression, coupled with the fact that Youtube's tools are optimised for bandwidth not quality, you simply can't rely on anything you see from using their tools - you really need to get back to the original footage, and then use professional video analysis techniques.

You are correct to suspect that anomalies like pixels preceding a moving object and the object jumping around, ie forward then back, etc are likely to be false effects.  Video compression, interlacing, quantisation and sharpening effects, can all add false detail.

tin roof blowing in the wind try searching.....

On 2/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, Timothy said:

aerodrome in my area bull crap you talk Tim you not got a clue where we are never troll any one you can see the threads i have had been closed you where one doing that trolling eh...

Better than that time my youtube is free none profit others punt to make money you get the picture 

Edited by johncbdg

On 2/23/2021 at 8:36 AM, joc said:

It's a plane.  If anyone sees anything other than a plane...it's because they want to see something else.

100% agree, it's a plane, that was my first thought when I saw it.

• Like 1