Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snowballs chance in hell

the13bats

@The13Bats

Hahahaha Ffs how can you be that stupid :)

Edited by 'Walt' E. Kurtz
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

@The13Bats

Bet you a shiny new quarter I can be that stupid

• Like 4

"No one in this world...has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people"

H. L. Mencken

• Haha 1

Here is the real Conspiracy Theory!

snowstorms (which could well be linked to global warming)

Isn't that a misnomer?  ..of sorts

I be like...shakin' my head...when someone tells me that 5 below zero in N. Texas is linked to Global Warming...

Hey, there are a LOT of idiots in Texas...most of them are  here from California, Chicago, and elsewhere.  Places where they don't really have anything known as ....common sense.  I mean seriously, In the State of California Common Sense is known to cause cancer.

Edited by joc
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, joc said:

I be like...shakin' my head...when someone tells me that 5 below zero in N. Texas is linked to Global Warming...

Artic warming causes the Artic Oscillation to go into a negative phase during which the polar jet stream that surrounds the polar vortex has a high degree of variability. This allows the polar vortex further south into North America and can cause weather patterns to be slow moving and keep the cold around longer. So yeah, 5 below in Texas could be linked to global warning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Must be a slow news day with this nonsense. It's right up there with the Tide pod challenge.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Artic warming causes the Artic Oscillation to go into a negative phase during which the polar jet stream that surrounds the polar vortex has a high degree of variability. This allows the polar vortex further south into North America and can cause weather patterns to be slow moving and keep the cold around longer. So yeah, 5 below in Texas could be linked to global warning. 

BS....

How about explaining to me in your own words out of your own mind...what actually causes the Arctic to be so cold in the first place?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

@The13Bats

As in so much else, conspiridiots are always ready to run the race to the bottom depths of stupidity.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

7 hours ago, joc said:
15 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

BS....

How about explaining to me in your own words out of your own mind...what actually causes the Arctic to be so cold in the first place?

Since @Occupational Hubris has no answer or is unable to respond or whatever...

Let it be said that;

The North and South Poles on Mars are similar to the polar regions on Earth in many ways. They are the coldest places on the planet, with wintertime temperatures dipping to a frigid -150° C (about -238° F). Both poles have ice caps made primarily of water ice.Jul 7, 2008

8 hours ago, joc said:

BS....

1 hour ago, joc said:

Since @Occupational Hubris has no answer or is unable to respond or whatever...

Let it be said that;

The North and South Poles on Mars are similar to the polar regions on Earth in many ways. They are the coldest places on the planet, with wintertime temperatures dipping to a frigid -150° C (about -238° F). Both poles have ice caps made primarily of water ice.Jul 7, 2008

Sorry, I'm not a monkey to dance when you command on an internet forums. 

Even though youre super rude, I'll answer your question. Thee poles are cold because of axial tilt and indirect sunlight. This is basic stuff. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Sorry, I'm not a monkey to dance when you command on an internet forums. 

Even though youre super rude, I'll answer your question. Thee poles are cold because of axial tilt and indirect sunlight. This is basic stuff. 

Thank you ....so they are not cold because of the CO2 in the atmosphere.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Thank you ....so they are not cold because of the CO2 in the atmosphere.  Thank you.

Why would C02 be the cause of the poles being cold? C02 has the opposite affect

• Thanks 1

They're not... they can't be... surely they are not a climate change denier?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Why would C02 be the cause of the poles being cold? C02 has the opposite affect

If CO2 would cause the poles to heat up...then why does Mars have Polar Ice Caps when 95% of it's atmosphere IS CO2?

5 minutes ago, joc said:

If CO2 would cause the poles to heat up...then why does Mars have Polar Ice Caps when 95% of it's atmosphere IS CO2?

Because the atmosphere of mars is around 100 times thinner than that of earth. Venus has an atmosphere around 90 times denser than earths, and look at what the C02 has done there. 

Mars is also further form the sun, receiving about half as much sunlight as earth. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Occupational Hubris said:

Because the atmosphere of mars is around 100 times thinner than that of earth.

So, CO2 doesn't warm up the ice caps.  Which is it?  

9 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Because the atmosphere of mars is around 100 times thinner than that of earth. Venus has an atmosphere around 90 times denser than earths, and look at what the C02 has done there. 

Mars is also further form the sun, receiving about half as much sunlight as earth. 

What caused the glaciers to melt at the end of the ice age?

20 minutes ago, joc said:

So, CO2 doesn't warm up the ice caps.  Which is it?  

In a thinner atmosphere that is constantly escaping into space, no, it doesn't.

Do you really need this basic chemistry explained or are you trying to lead to some "gotcha" moment? One , i suspect, will rely on misunderstanding or ignoring established science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, joc said:

What caused the glaciers to melt at the end of the ice age?

Climate change can come from different sources, as i suspect you know. There are natural processes and man-made ones, as well. 

• Like 1

"what actually causes the Arctic to be so cold in the first place?"

??????   Whoever asked this (I'm lookin at you, Joc) *really* needs to go back to school. And can forget being taken seriously on the topic (not that one would expect that on this thread...) especially when you ask dopey simplified black-or-white questions.  Can you just get to the point of your intended entrapment, and thus REALLY expose your lack of understanding?  

On that first question, here's a hint, draw picture of the earth, and the distant sun,. and then draw a line showing the path of solar rays thru the atmosphere at the poles, and then at the equator.  Notice anything?  No, I thought not...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

And BTW, Joc, ADDRESS this in full before proceeding.  Did you honestly not know that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

And BTW, Joc, ADDRESS this in full before proceeding.  Did you honestly not know that?

I don't think that we'll see an answer to this Just handwaving and the smug dismissal that comes with being completely wrong about a subject, but either not knowing or just not caring. 

• Like 2

Hand waving yah, blah, blah...that's liberal talk...

So thank you both for answering my questions...

CO2 does not cause melting of polar ice caps.  It has more to do with the density of the atmosphere.  And the density of the atmosphere of Earth hasn't changed.

You guys will never  understand because you are standing in the middle of the forest.  Manmade Global Climate Change is a myth.  It is everso as much a myth as the God of the Old Testament.  You have  your belief systems ...they have theirs.  

I don't believe in either of them.  So...there  you go my friends.  Chucky...good to see you as always!  

• Like 1