Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The isolated system of existence and God.

oslove

22 hours ago, oslove said:

Man has been discoursing on the existence of God even to these days when God in the western world seems to be on the decline.

I am one homo sapiens aka intelligent human who knows that God really exists, and I have this idea that existence makes up an isolated system of all kinds and manners of existing things, and when we examine the things that are inside this isolated system of existence, we will see clearly that God exists.

Here is the reasoning that supports my advocacy:

1. We all members of the taxonomy homo sapiens work together to arrive at a communally agreed on concepts of existence and God.

2. We see that in the isolated system of existence there are entities that are transient, meaning these entities have a beginning and an ending, for example, man has a beginning at birth and an ending at death.

3. Transient entities implicate the existence of an entity that is permanent and self-existent, which permanent and self-existent entity logically irrefutably is the cause of the transient beings.

4. So we go forth to search for the permanent and self-existent entity who is the cause of all transient beings.

5. And I for one searcher find Him, because to me He is present all the time and everywhere inside the isolated system of existence.

6. I for one a homo sapiens i.e. intelligent human, I have proved for myself the existence of God, in concept as the permanent and self-existent cause of all transient things inside the isolated system that is existence.

Dear colleagues here, please tell me where and how I might have been wrong with my explanation for the existence of God.

I have high-lighted the parts of your hypothesis where you are making erroneous assumptions. Time to go back to the drawing board, I think!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Timothy said:

*snip*

Edit: Oh and of course, there is no evidence of any god, just belief in them.

1 hour ago, oslove said:

*snip*

I would not know what God you are denying to exist unless you told me, but so far none had told me what is the God he is denying to exist.

*snip*

Don’t know if you’re being deliberately ignorant, or have a reading comprehension issue. 

I’m denying that any gods exist, beside in peoples minds.

What’s wrong with denying gods exist if there is no evidence for them existing?

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 4:14 AM, oslove said:

Man has been discoursing on the existence of God even to these days when God in the western world seems to be on the decline.

I am one homo sapiens aka intelligent human who knows that God really exists, and I have this idea that existence makes up an isolated system of all kinds and manners of existing things, and when we examine the things that are inside this isolated system of existence, we will see clearly that God exists.

Here is the reasoning that supports my advocacy:

1. We all members of the taxonomy homo sapiens work together to arrive at a communally agreed on concepts of existence and God.

2. We see that in the isolated system of existence there are entities that are transient, meaning these entities have a beginning and an ending, for example, man has a beginning at birth and an ending at death.

3. Transient entities implicate the existence of an entity that is permanent and self-existent, which permanent and self-existent entity logically irrefutably is the cause of the transient beings.

4. So we go forth to search for the permanent and self-existent entity who is the cause of all transient beings.

5. And I for one searcher find Him, because to me He is present all the time and everywhere inside the isolated system of existence.

6. I for one a homo sapiens i.e. intelligent human, I have proved for myself the existence of God, in concept as the permanent and self-existent cause of all transient things inside the isolated system that is existence.

Dear colleagues here, please tell me where and how I might have been wrong with my explanation for the existence of God.

There is no communally agreed on concepts of God. God is the deity construct of Christianity. There were many religions and faiths before Christianity created the God construct. There are a couple billion folks that believe in God, because they are of the Christian faith that utilizes the God construct- and within Christianity it’s there are dozens of variants of how the God construct is viewed. 

For several billion folks that are not Christians, God does not exist for them because they have other faiths that have other deity constructs or no deity constructs at all- and there’s over four thousand various forms of faiths that are not Christian. For someone who’s faith construct is The Sumerian pantheon or Hinduism or thousands of other faiths, they would not believe in God because God isn’t part of their faith construct.

Deities aren’t  forever. They are only existent as long as there are folks that believe in them, when the belief dies off, so does that religion and those deities. The Christian God has a starting point a couple thousand years ago, and it is possible that at some point Christianity will become a dead religion and with it the God construct of that faith would die with it. Religions and their deity constructs don’t always stay dead either, sometimes they see a renewal of interest and belief.

Since you are a strong believer in the God construct of Christianity, it’s unlikely that you would allow your belief to be swayed regardless of what other people say. Your faith is so strong you seem to have developed a theory of invalidating every other deity construct or faith others have.

You throw forth a challenge for others to prove your particular faith construct of God does not exist. Can you prove that several thousand other deity constructs don’t exist first? 

• Like 8

What is a god, nothing more than an idea. A concept of divinity. Wrapped in a fancy bow of desire and expectation. A god that can save a life, curse the non-believers, and bring a fragile hope to it's followers. A gods only strength is in the mind of those who believe, without such, a god is just a passing thought. As mankind in our infinite chaos wrote down our gods, shared them among others. Through introduction or force. So that their idea of god would spread like a memetic virus. Soon such a god would grown, more followers, more idea, and religion is born. Ah, but religion is like a pond with no flow. It becomes a stagnate marsh filled with bugs. One day though all such swamps dry out. Leaving only a fossil of the past. How many gods died? How many will come into existence? Who knows, who really knows.

What will the Christian, Muslim, and Jew think when they are the last of their faith?

• Like 1

This just looks like a reworked Kalam cosmological argument where since the universe had a cause theists insert a Creator as that cause. Theists just fail to provide evidence for a Creator, and that their argument is solid, but only makes the case that the universe had a cause. The OP shifts the burden of proof without realizing he/she has not proved a Creator. 

Davros cosmological question:

1) Science says energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

2) Therefore energy always existed.

3) Energy can transmute into other properties.

4) Theists say that God always existed.

5) What is most likely given the evidence created the universe that led to us questioning the universe? A God, or energy?

KCA:

1) Whatever begins to exist has a cause.

2) The universe began to exist.

3) Therefore, the universe has a cause.

4) The universe has a cause.

5) If the universe has a cause, then an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists who sans (without) the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and enormously powerful.

6) Therefore, an uncaused, personal Creator of the universe exists, who sans the universe is beginningless, changeless, immaterial, timeless, spaceless and infinitely powerful.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2021 at 9:14 AM, oslove said:

how can anyone be wrong with their own personal opinion of something that has not been proved? I say you're wrong- god/s do not exist.. Never have!

Now what?;)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Now, so that we will be talking logically irrefutably truths, please tell me:

"There has always been existence, yes or no."

Please save yourselves with writing more than necessary, just tell me, yes or no, to the above statement, as follows again below:

6 minutes ago, oslove said:

There has always been existence, yes or no."

There is no way to know.  I for one sit on the fence about existence being finite or infinite, or whether a creator exists or does not.  Non-one can KNOW.  You can believe what you like but that is NOT knowing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, oslove said:

Please save yourselves with writing more than necessary, just tell me, yes or no, to the above statement, as follows again below:

Hi Oslove

To be honest you are deliberately restricting the input data that you are asking for to satisfy your own position by not considering all the available data so I am going to answer that who cares if there was always existence or not because you really don't want to take a serious look at your issue.

jmccr8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oslove said:

You sure do like to make demands of people.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 10:14 AM, oslove said:

Just to let you know: I`m not a member of that group.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, toast said:

Just to let you know: I`m not a member of that group.

OP seems to think that there is some collective movement towards reaching a mutual agreement on "existence and God", which is just false.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Susanc241 said:
14 hours ago, oslove said:

There has always been existence, yes or no."

There is no way to know.  I for one sit on the fence about existence being finite or infinite, or whether a creator exists or does not.  Non-one can KNOW.  You can believe what you like but that is NOT knowing.

Beware, the sin of self-nurtured ignorance, that is the evidence of a human acting against human nature which is described in essense as homo sapiens, i.e. intelligent human - what a self-waste of brain matter.

You shouldn't be in a net forum.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oslove said:

Beware, the sin of self-nurtured ignorance, that is the evidence of a human acting against human nature which is described in essense as homo sapiens, i.e. intelligent human - what a self-waste of brain matter.

You shouldn't be in a net forum.

Alright I'll say it. This is a troll thread. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You sure do like to make demands of people.

Xeno, you contribute a lot of posts but remember volume does not necessarily speak substance.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Define "existence".

I must commend you, dear Nuclear, you have good brain matter, in asking for definition of terms, let us work together to arrive at a mutually agreed on concept of what is existence.

Here is my first attempt at a definition of existence:

Existence is the object of man's conscious experience.

There, now you contribute your attempt at a definition of what is existence, and see if you can do it in not more than ten (10) words, okay?

At this point I will stop replying to more posts here, because Nuclear and I - unless he backs out, we are going to keep busy with attempts at definition of what is existence.

And everyone can join us, but redact your definition of what is existence to no more than ten (10) words.

17 minutes ago, toast said:

4zSAvSe.jpg

Just in case some don't get it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess no atheists or God-deniers have the intellectual courage of honest intelligent productive thinking, to contribute to us all working together to come to agreement on the definition of  existence, starting with Nuclear who challenged me to define existence, and I did but he ran away.

Here is again my definition of what is existence:

• Existence is the object of man's conscious experience.

Okay, dear atheists and God-deniers, show some intellectual daring, produce your contribution on what is existence, so that we can all work together to concur on an agreed on definition of existence, and thus we can proceed to prove God to have existence or not - but I believe you guys are fake intellectuals and coward intellectuals, at that.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/344159-the-isolated-system-of-existence-and-god/?do=findComment&comment=7185363

Posted 21 hours ago
by Oslove     

On 2/26/2021 at 4:10 PM, oslove said:

On 2/26/2021 at 11:43 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

Define "existence".  (Nuclear ran away.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

I must commend you, dear Nuclear, you have good brain matter, in asking for definition of terms, let us work together to arrive at a mutually agreed on concept of what is existence.

Here is my first attempt at a definition of existence:

Existence is the object of man's conscious experience.

There, now you contribute your attempt at a definition of what is existence, and see if you can do it in not more than ten (10) words, okay?

At this point I will stop replying to more posts here, because Nuclear and I - unless he backs out, we are going to keep busy with attempts at definition of what is existence.

And everyone can join us, but redact your definition of what is existence to no more than ten (10) words. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, oslove said:

Well, I guess no atheists or God-deniers have the intellectual courage of honest intelligent productive thinking, to contribute to us all working together to come to agreement on the definition of  existence, starting with Nuclear who challenged me to define existence, and I did but he ran away.

I'll properly address you when I'm good and ready.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:
9 hours ago, oslove said:

I'll properly address you when I'm good and ready.

• -------------------------------------------------

• -khaaaaaan.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"Record enough facts, and the answer will fall to you like a ripe fruit."

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

•  

Dear Nuclear, I apologize for unduly rushing you for your definition of what is existence.

About your sig which includes from Hitchens:

"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

I am sure in his works against God's existence, he never defined what is evidence.

What about you and me, what do you say, shall we also work together to arrive at a mutually agreed on concept of what is evidence?

Here is my first attempt at a definition of evidence:

"Evidence is anything at all existing which leads man to come to the existence of another thing, owing to a connection between them." (23 words).

16 hours ago, oslove said:

Okay, dear atheists and God-deniers, show some intellectual daring, produce your contribution on what is existence, so that we can all work together to concur on an agreed on definition of existence, and thus we can proceed to prove God to have existence or not - but I believe you guys are fake intellectuals and coward intellectuals, at that.

Yes, it's plain that the only reason your 'let's work together my dear fake, cowardly losers' communications strategy isn't effective is the lack of courage of atheists...

• Like 2

• The topic was locked