Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Webb Telescope Will Show Us More Stars

Waspie_Dwarf

NASA’s Webb Telescope Will Show Us More Stars at Higher Resolution—Here’s What That Means for Astronomy

The combination of high resolution and infrared-detecting instruments on NASA’s upcoming James Webb Space Telescope will reveal stars that are currently hidden even from the powerful Hubble Space Telescope. The wealth of additional star data will allow astronomers to investigate a range of questions, from star birth to star death to the universe’s elusive expansion rate. Early observations with Webb will demonstrate its ability to distinguish the individual light of stars in the local universe in a range of environments and provide astronomers with tools for making the most of Webb’s powerful capabilities.

arrow3.gif  Read More: NASA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just like how a television now has higher resolution to make the picture more sharper and clearer, but you're just watching the same old rubbish on it.     You are now just seeing more stars on the television.  

I am like Joc's view on here when he stated that people are on the streets dying, but we get to see mroe stars..:blink:    I guess it's a rich mans hobby???  

It will be interesting to see I guess.:unsure2:

• Like 1

Poverty was neglected even more so in the past, before we had space programs. Nearly all the money spent on space exploration remains  here on Earth. It gives employment and purpose to a great many people. It improves our technological abilities , generally, with many 'spin-off' applications that answer people's needs, right here on Earth. Space exploration gives hope, inspiration, opportunity, and new knowledge. All that, for a tiny portion of national budgets. Space exploration is a very good and profitable investment in the human good.   

Edited by bison
improved final sentence, and sentence structure, in general
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that scientists make progress in telescope building. No one argues that Hubble Space Telescope is the most powerful space telescope existing now, but it doesn't mean that scientists shouldn't create something new. I got acquainted with the technical details of this Webb Space Telescope, so I'm sure that scientists will find out a lot of new information about our galaxy. I can't wait to see the launch of this telescope, and I hope it will be successful.