Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fakes his own kidnapping to get out of work

jethrofloyd

Man Fakes His Own Kidnapping To Get Out Of Work

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/man-fakes-his-own-kidnapping-to-get-out-of-work-2377610

Most people would jump at the chance to skip a day of work, but one man in Arizona went to extreme lengths in order to get some time off from his job. Police in the city of Coolidge have said that a 19-year-old faked his own kidnapping to get out of work. 

Police say they found Brandon Soules, 19, with his hands tied behind his back and a bandana stuffed in his mouth on February 10. A photo of the teen, released by police, has gone viral on social media. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Police say they found Brandon Soules, 19, with his hands tied behind his back and a bandana stuffed in his mouth on February 10. A photo of the teen, released by police, has gone viral on social media. 

Damn Red Indians will do anything to avoid work!!!! :angry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

you remind me of the red neck in this movie.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it, he is 19 and still stupid.   Most 19 year olds do things the hard way instead of thinking it through.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The biggest problem I have with this story is why the boy didn't just call in sick.   What if no one found him, and he lay in the sun for days.   Stupid.  I assume it was more about getting attention than anything else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I won't say who but it's possible I know someone that called in a bomb threat from a pay phone to delay taking the SAT's :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I won't say who but it's possible I know someone that called in a bomb threat from a pay phone to delay taking the SAT's :whistle:

That is such a gradeschool thing to do.   Three boys did that when we were in 5th grade.  Their parents had to pay a fine and the rest of us had to sit in the back acre behind the playground all afternoon while the police searched for a bomb.   Finally a friend of the 3 told the teacher he knew who did it and that there was no bomb.

What were your  consequences for calling in a bomb threat?

Edited by Desertrat56

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

What were your  consequences for calling in a bomb threat?

Hey now, I never said I did.  But there were no consequences as the person who did it kept his mouth shut  and got another couple of days to prepare for the test :D

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Hey now, I never said I did.  But there were no consequences as the person who did it kept his mouth shut  and got another couple of days to prepare for the test :D

Well, there should have been consequences.  How do you prepare for an SAT test?  No, I  know some schools have classes (like the private school my daughter went to) where the students start practicing the test in 9th grade so that by 11th grade they have a good chance of getting a high score.  When I was in public school you just showed up.   But the school I went to offered the ACT test.  I took the SAT test when I was in the army and wanted to take college classes.

3 hours ago, Dreamer screamer said:

you remind me of the red neck in this movie.

Noooo......I'm a Indian. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Only 50%

It's determined by tribal enrollment because there is no such thing as a full blooded Lenape. :yes:

.......and on the bright side, at least I'm half Bronte Country Hominid. Not some wispy blond dippy bucked toothed Southerner. :sm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Piney said:

Noooo......I'm a Indian. :yes:

Indian as in say curry indian?? or an indian as in bows and arrows indian?  Got to be specific.:yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Indian as in say curry indian?? or an indian as in bows and arrows indian?  Got to be specific.:yes:

6 Nations, bow and arrow, scout, horseman, logger type Indian......But me mum was a Bradford Quaker hippie. :yes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Piney said:

It's determined by tribal enrollment because there is no such thing as a full blooded Lenape. :yes:

.......and on the bright side, at least I'm half Bronte Country Hominid. Not some wispy blond dippy bucked toothed Southerner. :sm

When people say morning to me, I always get confused and think they want to kill me.  

noun
noun: mourning
  1. the expression of sorrow for someone's death.

It's like they are saying 'mourning' and I am now going to kill you.   :unsure2:  :unsure:please don't kill me...
  • Haha 2

Just now, Piney said:

6 Nations, bow and arrow, scout, horseman, logger type Indian......But me mum was a Bradford Quaker hippie:yes:

I like that.... anyone come from a hippie chick is ok in my book.  :tsu:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yorkshian?  Indireman?  Yorkshind?  Whatever -this is you, with your brothers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

You have yet to meet @acute and my Uncle Yammy. :unsure2:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

I'd rather be a Scouser than a Londoner........then again....I'd rather be Welsh than a Scouser.......

• Like 1

Mr Soules initially told cops that two masked men had kidnapped him, hit his head and knocked him unconscious. He said the men drove him around in a vehicle before dumping him in the area where he was found. 

However, further investigation of the incident revealed several inconsistencies in Mr Soules's account of his kidnapping.

Reminds me of the Jesse Smollett situation..:lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Reminds me of the Jesse Smollett situation..:lol:

And Bubba Wallace + AOC.:D

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Piney is a proud Red Yorkshireman.

He boasts (endlessly) about injuns from Bradford scalping better than anyone else. :yes:

Edited by acute
  • Haha 2