Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Govt recognizes the word "mothers"

Silver

The government has agreed to change its bill allowing ministers to take maternity leave, so that it uses the term "mother" rather than "person".

The Ministerial and other Maternity Allowances Bill would ensure up to six months' leave on full pay.

But the House of Lords rejected the use of the word "person" in its text.

The government initially argued this was in line with "drafting convention" but has changed its view, saying use of "mother" is legally "acceptable". Government agrees to call pregnant women mothers - BBC News

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

LOL. Government, it's a nice job which ensures great pay for pretending to tackle real issues when you are in fact tackling imaginary issues which you've somehow convinced the people who voted for you, is in fact a real issue. 

Homo Sapiens, the last of the genus Homo, is doomed to extinction in the very near future. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

LOL. Government, it's a nice job which ensures great pay for pretending to tackle real issues when you are in fact tackling imaginary issues which you've somehow convinced the people who voted for you, is in fact a real issue. 

Homo Sapiens, the last of the genus Homo, is doomed to extinction in the very near future. 

Indeed, yes and the fools are rushing full speed to embrace it because they're convinced it will be a blow against those they hate.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, and then said:

Indeed, yes and the fools are rushing full speed to embrace it because they're convinced it will be a blow against those they hate.

Yes, this, and they won't be the first generation of useful idiots who are the first to find themselves up against a well when their usefulness runs out. 

• Like 2

The MailOnline:

Critics have lambasted a hospital which told staff to use terms like 'birthing parents' and 'human milk' rather than just referring to 'mothers' and 'breast milk'. 

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust unveiled a blizzard of 'gender inclusive' phrases in a drive to stamp out 'mainstream transphobia'.   

Other changes include replacing the use of the word 'woman' with the phrase 'woman or person', and the term 'father' with 'parent', 'co-parent' or 'second biological parent', depending on the circumstances.

But it has led to a backlash from critics today who have hit out at the new terminology, branding it 'utter nonsense'.

This comes as a row erupted in Westminster over a special maternity bill referring to 'pregnant people' rather than women.  

UK maternity bill uses term 'pregnant people' instead of 'woman' | Daily Mail Online

Edited by ted hughes
  • Sad 2

So the husbands/sperm donors of those 'mothers' are allowed to be called 'mother ****ers' again?

B)

On 2/26/2021 at 4:15 AM, ted hughes said:

The MailOnline:

Critics have lambasted a hospital which told staff to use terms like 'birthing parents' and 'human milk' rather than just referring to 'mothers' and 'breast milk'. 

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust unveiled a blizzard of 'gender inclusive' phrases in a drive to stamp out 'mainstream transphobia'.   

Other changes include replacing the use of the word 'woman' with the phrase 'woman or person', and the term 'father' with 'parent', 'co-parent' or 'second biological parent', depending on the circumstances.

But it has led to a backlash from critics today who have hit out at the new terminology, branding it 'utter nonsense'.

This comes as a row erupted in Westminster over a special maternity bill referring to 'pregnant people' rather than women.  

UK maternity bill uses term 'pregnant people' instead of 'woman' | Daily Mail Online

This is dumb to me. I'm not trans but like a know a few trans people and I've never met one who didn't want to be called woman or man. 

The goal is to transition into a sex not into an it. It takes time and money to go from biologically male to female. After all that work you typically want to be called a woman.

• Like 2

Trying to be inclusive and "woke" for a very small percentage of the population.  The kicker is most of the trans people don't want this, this is why they are transitioning to the opposite gender.  The non-binary population are the ones who are unsure of or don't identify as either, so they want to be known as they.  With so many woke people, like Demi Lavato speaking in behalf of trans people or companies changing their products to be gender neutral (Mr & Mrs Potato Head) all they are doing is fomenting anger and undoing all the hard work for the acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.   And I do ask why we have to be less so they can be more?  

Brave new world!!    They want slaves, NOT human beings.  They will turn human beings into robots and non genderless, so this way they can control everything especailly how many people they need to serve them.

7 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Trying to be inclusive and "woke" for a very small percentage of the population.  The kicker is most of the trans people don't want this, this is why they are transitioning to the opposite gender.  The non-binary population are the ones who are unsure of or don't identify as either, so they want to be known as they.  With so many woke people, like Demi Lavato speaking in behalf of trans people or companies changing their products to be gender neutral (Mr & Mrs Potato Head) all they are doing is fomenting anger and undoing all the hard work for the acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community.   And I do ask why we have to be less so they can be more?  

I hope I am not being too backwards and a knuckle dragger here,  but I wonder if the  soup of chemicals we put in the water and air in addition to confusing genders in fish and birds have an effect on human development as well?

33 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I hope I am not being too backwards and a knuckle dragger here,  but I wonder if the  soup of chemicals we put in the water and air in addition to confusing genders in fish and birds have an effect on human development as well?

There has been speculation to the excess hormones from birth control , asthma meds and steroids (non-medicinal).  They have found that fish living near cities are susceptible to the anti-anxiety and anti-depressants.  Why can't humans be affected by the extra hormones being ingested?  Not sure if anyone will ever do a study or publish the findings due to being shouted down.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Not sure if anyone will ever do a study or publish the findings due to being shouted down.

Yeah, by both sides of the question I think.  If  these chemicals made men impotent, we would have solved industrial pollution 20 years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A university has advised staff against using the terms "mother" and "father" to avoid bias and assumption.

The University of Manchester's guidance on inclusive language encourages the use of gender-neutral terms such as "partner" or "guardian" instead.

Jonathan Gullis, Conservative MP for Stoke-on-Trent North, Kidsgrove and Talke, described the guidance as "wokery gone mad".