Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Twitter users charge monthly fee for content

Still Waters

Twitter is to let people charge their followers for extra content with a new feature called Super Follows.

It could unlock special tweets, newsletters, videos, or deals and discounts that are not available to other users.

The move follows the success of sites such as Patreon and Only Fans, which allow people to charge for different levels of content and have proved lucrative for some social media personalities.

https://news.sky.com/story/twitter-to-let-users-charge-monthly-fee-for-exclusive-content-in-new-super-follows-feature-12229117

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

glorybebe

I am never on Twitter but, this will ensure I don't go on again.  Who would pay to get to read someone's posting?  Dies it have something to do with countries charging fir news?

• Like 1

spartan max2
33 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I am never on Twitter but, this will ensure I don't go on again.  Who would pay to get to read someone's posting?  Dies it have something to do with countries charging fir news?

You probably wouldn't notice.

Influencers, youtuber, and stuff already do things like this they just use third party sites like Patreon.

Twitter probably thinks they can get more of the money if they do it themselves instead of people using third party sites for it.

• Like 1

ted hughes

I'll still use twitter. And YouTube. But not Facebook, never really took to it.

glorybebe
6 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You probably wouldn't notice.

Influencers, youtuber, and stuff already do things like this they just use third party sites like Patreon.

Twitter probably thinks they can get more of the money if they do it themselves instead of people using third party sites for it.

It's crazy to me for people to pay for these kinds of things.  I don't follow any influences.  Our society is just going whacky IMO

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

moonman
Posted (edited)

"Influencers" are the biggest load of BS to come along in social media. People can't think for themselves anymore, they need some **** to tell them what to think.

And now idiots will pay to hear whatever nonsense crosses their minds? The whole system is asinine.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

Mirzam
On 3/1/2021 at 12:11 PM, moonman said:

"Influencers" are the biggest load of BS to come along in social media. People can't think for themselves anymore, they need some **** to tell them what to think.

And now idiots will pay to hear whatever nonsense crosses their minds? The whole system is asinine.

I think obsessive fandom is brainwashing. It goes a step further when influencers themselves are brainwashed or on contract and the already droned out audience becomes mesmerized.

The "unlearning" is the worst part. Seems everyone is forgetting common sense and being taught to ignore intuition because they are immersed in their false online reality. People seem to be getting more relient on technology and simplifying their thought.