Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gulf Stream is weakest it's been in 1,000 yrs

UM-Bot

It's why i'm looking fo a second home south, so my childs or grand childs will have a place to flee south if necessary... we need to think long term a lot more.

• Like 1

"It might not be as bad as in the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow', but without the Gulf Stream to carry warm water up towards the United Kingdom and Europe, things will definitely get a lot colder."

UK air conditioning turning on while the planet slowly boils, who said Atlantis disappeared?   :D 

[quote[Scientists say it was relatively stable until a decline around 1850, followed by a more drastic dip in the mid-20th century.[/quote]

Yeah, so that was 70 years ago.   

Whatever has happened since, it has clearly not led to a drop in winter temps.  Or, else, something else is countering the drop .,,,,,   I woinder what that could be?  :whistle:

Aaaand it coincides with the industrial revolution kicking into high gear. This is why we need to get carbon emissions under control, folks.

• Like 1

I thought I read elsewhere that other scientists said it would get a lot hotter and that cold, snowy winters would be a thing of the past.

• Like 3

uh huh

Edited by pbarosso

this is all pure theory though people. there is always a hot spike then a huge drop in interglaciation periods. i studied this in college. ice ages are ALWAYS preceded by a warm period. it is possible that the warm period creates a surge of cold water into the warmer oceans, disrupting the currents and weather patterns. 

the whole global warming  "emergency" is a fake "emergency" in that there is very little we can do about it. creating global initiatives are money laundering schemes meant to enrich certain people. Al Gore is part of the group that figured out how to create wealth using the  "climate emergency". use your brains for once. 

Edited by pbarosso
  • Like 4

Well, that definitely proves global warming. The science is settled. Why have any more debate? Consensus is SCIENCE! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keithisco said:

There is NO data going back 1000yrs

Actually there is and even farther back.

Stalagmites taken from a Blue Hole record climate change that correspond to ice core samples.

National Geographic Video on Blue Holes. I started the video towards the last portion that explains this.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, mesuma said:

I thought I read elsewhere that other scientists said it would get a lot hotter and that cold, snowy winters would be a thing of the past.

It has, they have ;)   

Last cold snowy winter down here was 2010 (although to be fair 2017/8 had its brief moments)

They used to occur most years .....  Snow has become a rare and unexpected thing in much of England

22 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

It's why i'm looking fo a second home south, so my childs or grand childs will have a place to flee south if necessary... we need to think long term a lot more.

Study that carefully.  Weather patterns that change will also affect rainfall in both directions   Being in a warm desert may not be too good either.

I wonder if there is data available that predicts geographic habitability under different conditions.  It would be a best seller.  No doubt the military has already studied it..  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mesuma said:

On a global scale, that is correct, average temperatures will rise. The thing is, the climate is a vastly interconnected system. Higher average temperatures means that the gulf stream weakens, which means we get blasted with arctic air more often. Basically it's a lot like making a recipe, adjust one thing, and the whole way it works can change. You can have a fluffy loaf of bread, or add too much baking soda and get something tougher and chewier, same thing with the climate. 

• Like 1

Wow! Who knew people 1000 years ago cared what the Gulf Stream pattern was enough to record it.  

Just another Manmade Climate Change Narrative deviation.  Y a w n  :sleepy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gillmanjoe said:

when im gone i dont care what happens

We have no control over the weather or climate or sun spots or galaxial gravitational pull or the moon or the stars or the tides or the ocean or rain or hurricanes or tornadoes.  

The only reason some people want us to believe that we have the power to change our planetary climate is because they want to control us!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joc said:

Wow! Who knew people 1000 years ago cared what the Gulf Stream pattern was enough to record it.  

What is it with conservatives and finding excuse after excuse to justify not having to change anything?

Trees rings, ice core samples, silt core samples and pollen studies can tell you what the climate was like 1000 years ago and even a lot further back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, joc said:

If we only studied what people 1000 years ago cared to study then we wouldn't have much lol

34 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If we only studied what people 1000 years ago cared to study then we wouldn't have much lol

How do you study something like the Gulf Stream that happened 1000 years ago?  Either by what someone back then studied...or your own supposition of the past which is primarily guess work and primarily...guess work is just that.  I doubt 1000 years ago anyone was studying the Gulf Stream or even knew what that was.

Where are you @ChrLzs?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tortugabob said:

Trees rings, ice core samples, silt core samples and pollen studies can tell you what the climate was like 1000 years ago and even a lot further back.

Ah, the heralded sacred cow...Tree Rings....

Pray tell how doth thine ancient tree rings instruct us as to the flow of the gulf stream...

And did I ever say the climate isn't changing?  I simply assert that we are not causing it!  Nor did we cause the ice age...nor the subsequent thawing of such...

We can't control the climate. If we want to do that, we'd better build one of those Dyson Spheres with built in climate control. We'll also be able to move that around according to what the sun is doing. The sun will continue to get hotter until it goes red giant and incinerates us. 

But that narrative is not going to sell my next green jobs boondoggle funded by tax payer money. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Confused 1