Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Evidence Suggestive of Life After Death

papageorge1

The question of life after death is a controversial one in an age dominated by science that presents a material understanding of how things work.  In this perspective we are biological machines and consciousness is a product of a functioning brain. What else could it be? When the brain stops working there is no experiencing. Seems straightforward.         

However other wisdom traditions teach that there is more to the universe than what we can see, feel, hear, touch and taste with our senses and physical instruments.  I have often argued on this forum that the evidence from the paranormal argues that there must be dramatically more to the universe than is accepted in empirical science.

In the wisdom traditions I most respect, Theosophical, Vedic (Hindu) for example, there is a belief that the physical body is interpenetrated with an astral (names can vary) body that separates from the physical body at death and continues the unbroken conscious experience. This is suggested (not proved) by the often discussed Near Death Experience. Now in addition to this, there is suggestive video evidence that something leaves the body at death which is not predicted by materialist understanding.

Here are some video examples of this phenomena. In my interpretation this is likely the normally interpenetrating astral separating from the physical body to continue a non-physical conscious existence. Unfortunately I think the cover shot of the lady is just a re-enactment but the real stuff is inside. It's a very short but dense video. It has a slight Christian bent but the videos are universal of course.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed video (a second time) due to graphic content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@papageorge1 

Unfortunately these clips all show images of dead bodies, so this isn't something we can host/link to on here.

That's also going to be an issue with any alleged evidence in this category.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Saru said:

@papageorge1 

Unfortunately these clips all show images of dead bodies, so this isn't something we can host/link to on here.

WHAT!! A Taboo preventing an intelligent adult discussion on very important evidence. What century is this!  I can see a viewer alert message being added but banning? 

• Like 4

When my nan was passing away she was speaking to so many people that to me was not there.   When the old start to tune out they can see other realities and so tap into other realities, so to us we think they're going nuts, but are they???    

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

WHAT!! A Taboo preventing an intelligent adult discussion on very important evidence. What century is this!  I can see a viewer alert message being added but banning? 

Adults aren't the only ones who visit UM.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Making this forum for grade school only and have a list of banned things longer than my arm. The internet should allow all intelligent discussion. Banning very important subjects? We need to err for intelligent free speech. Should Youtube have banned this in the first place?? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I remember seeing a dead body on YouTube when I was a kid :ph34r:. Back before the internet was as regulated haha

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Making this forum for grade school only and have a list of banned things longer than my arm. The internet should allow all intelligent discussion. Banning very important subjects? We need to err for intelligent free speech. Should Youtube have banned this in the first place?? 

This isn't an important subject. YouTube has its own rules. 

UM like many still existing forums have there own rules.

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I remember seeing a dead body on YouTube when I was a kid :ph34r:. Back before the internet was as regulated haha

Don't you mean before the internet was a corporation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Never ever think kids don't understand this subject, they're more clued up than most adults.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

This isn't an important subject. YouTube has its own rules. 

UM like many still existing forums have there own rules.

Not important, LOL, WHAT? Do rules ever need to evolve with more progressive thinking?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dreamer screamer said:

Never ever think kids don't understand this subject, they're more clued up than most adults.

I didn't state that. 

Is it established that the videos actually show corpses?

Isn't the party line on astral travel that living people's souls separate from their bodies?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't you mean before the internet was a corporation.

It was always a corporation, but it gave out freebies to get us used to it.  Now they are closing it down like a corporation which has new management which hates freedom, it has money to make like all corporations and to look after the share holders.

• Like 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Not important, LOL, WHAT? Do rules ever need to evolve with more progressive thinking?

It's still not an important subject. How many other threads exist about the exact same subject already? For that matter how many bigfoot, nessi, Atlantis, shadow people, etc exist on here? A lot.

• Like 1

As for the video, seeing "souls" leave their body is cool and all but I have no way of knowing what is a camera error and what is fake.

• Like 5

Just now, eight bits said:

Isn't the party line on astral travel that living people's souls separate from their bodies?

Bono from U2 talked about how he jumped out of his body once whilst getting a massage.

Astral projection is where people leave their bodies and re-interpenetrate the physical body again. Just in death there is no return.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's still not an important subject. How many other threads exist about the exact same subject already? For that matter how many bigfoot, nessi, Atlantis, shadow people, etc exist on here? A lot.

I have never seen a thread on here with this topic (or I presume it would have been banned).

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Astral projection is where people leave their bodies and re-interpenetrate the physical body again. Just in death there is no return.

And what part of any of those videos establishes that there was no return?

ETA @spartan max2

As for the video, seeing "souls" leave their body is cool and all but I have no way of knowing what is a camera error and what is fake.

Would "Joined to Christ" ministries fib about such things?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 1

And what part of any of those videos establishes that there was no return?

That would be impossible to ever show. I conservatively only used the term 'suggestive'.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

I conservatively only used the term 'suggestive'.

How is that "conservative"? Are they dead or not, and how do you know?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Saru said:

@papageorge1 

OK, I added the following:

Disclaimer: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU MAY BE DISTURBED BY DYING BODIES

How is that "conservative"? Are they dead or not, and how do you know?

Please, I wasn't present. But anyway, this video phenomena would be extraordinarily important even if they did return to life.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked