Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video Evidence Suggestive of Life After Death

papageorge1

13 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

?? The video certainly wasn’t just mundane stuff to me.

Of course not. Anything that can go to further your beliefs is never wasted time to you. Beliefs that you claim are real and valid, which isn't so.

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

Of course not. Anything that can go to further your beliefs is never wasted time to you. Beliefs that you claim are real and valid, which isn't so.

I believe myself pretty strong at objective thinking and logic. If you cIaim I’m all confirmation bias, so  be it.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

After all, there is no scientific evidence for life after death. 

I consider even this video suggestive evidence (not proof).

• Like 1

It definitely happens. 

Jump to 4.25 at the end and see it. Like, for real.

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

WHAT!! A Taboo preventing an intelligent adult discussion on very important evidence. What century is this!  I can see a viewer alert message being added but banning? 

From the forum rules:

• 2a. Offensive content: Do not post or link to content that is excessively violent, sexually explicit, depicts images of death, gore, pertains to graphic cases of violent or sexual crimes committed against children or that is of an otherwise offensive nature.

Putting a disclaimer on it isn't going to cut it - nor is posting the video for a second time after I removed it.

For the record, the video in question is a compilation of doctored or mislabelled clips from across YouTube that have been around for years.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

Why

It suggests something hypothesized by wisdom traditions (an astral form separating at death). Do you think such videos should be dismissed from consideration? Or considered (making them evidence for consideration).

• Like 1

I've always thought that souls were invisible... not able to be sensed in any normal way.

Thus I believe something of the person does leave, and live on.

But with millions of people dying each week, and everyone owning a cell phone, that there'd be more and better pictures of "souls" if they were visible.

11 minutes ago, Saru said:

From the forum rules:

• 2a. Offensive content: Do not post or link to content that is excessively violent, sexually explicit, depicts images of death, gore, pertains to graphic cases of violent or sexual crimes committed against children or that is of an otherwise offensive nature.

Putting a disclaimer on it isn't going to cut it - nor is posting the video for a second time after I removed it.

For the record, the video in question is a compilation of doctored or mislabelled clips from across YouTube that have been around for years.

Ridiculous. I never reposted it as I never saw it ever leave on my system.

If scientifically important videos are dismissed for peripheral reasons that is backwards thinking. I guess the majority here will be glad to drive away yet another believer. Good thing the internet is bigger than this forum and I can still learn about these things.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I've always thought that souls were invisible... not able to be sensed in any normal way.

Thus I believe something of the person does leave, and live on.

But with millions of people dying each week, and everyone owning a cell phone, that there'd be more and better pictures of "souls" if they were visible.

I think typically nothing is visible but in some cases we can see some very brief cling to the fringe of materiality.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

It suggests something hypothesized by wisdom traditions (an astral form separating at death).

I don't see the footage suggesting anything of the sort. To me it just looks like some weird graphical artifact that I don't immediately have an explanation for. I suspect that it's doctored, but I don't know for sure.

Do you think such videos should be dismissed from consideration?

In terms of whether or not they are suggestive of the existence of things such as ghosts, souls, etc? Yeah. Photo and video manipulation is just too easy and common for me to seriously consider them to be anything aside from doctored images/videos.

Or considered (making them evidence for consideration).

I don't.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If scientifically important videos are dismissed for peripheral reasons that is backwards thinking.x

It is not a scientifically important video - it is a series of mislabelled or doctored clips showing some poor individuals who are either dead or dying. What about the families of these people ? I find the idea of circulating footage of this nature to be as disrespectful as it is macabre.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

Wait a bit guys, i'm in need of popcorns !

I’ve got to go for a car ride now so you have time to pop.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

If scientifically important videos are dismissed for peripheral reasons that is backwards thinking.

It's not scientifically important.

I guess the majority here will be glad to drive away yet another believer. Good thing the internet is bigger than this forum and I can still learn about these things.

I mean, that is your choice--nobody is "driving" you away. The video was removed because it was somewhat disturbing.

Secondly, you will find plenty of echo-chambers for your beliefs on the Internet.

• Like 3

Just now, Saru said:

It is not a scientifically important video - it is a series of mislabelled or doctored clips showing some poor individuals who are either dead or dying. What about the families of these people ? I find the idea of circulating footage of this nature to be as disrespectful as it is macabre.

So much for scientific investigation. Let’s just call then mislabeled or doctored. 

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Disclaimer: DO NOT WATCH IF YOU MAY BE DISTURBED BY DYING BODIES

The close-ups are blurred out, so there's nothing any worse than crime scene photos you can see on TV progs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saru said:

From the forum rules:

Perhaps it's time this forum evolved. Very sad that life is allowed on this forum, but not death. My kids knew more than this forum. I dunno about you Saru, but I saw at least five bodies before I was 12. At funerals, like most kids. The rule is old, and needs updating. Why not put it to a vote amongst members? Let the parents decide. After all, we are the ones with the kids. Not the forum. Jmo.  If I'm banned for saying it, so be it. It needed to be said.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Perhaps it's time this forum evolved. Very sad that life is allowed on this forum, but not death. My kids knew more than this forum. I dunno about you Saru, but I saw at least five bodies before I was 12. At funerals, like most kids. The rule is old, and needs updating. Why not put it to a vote amongst members? Let the parents decide. After all, we are the ones with the kids. Not the forum. Jmo.  If I'm banned for saying it, so be it. 

Of all the rules on the forum, this is the one you want to contest ? Graphic images of dead bodies ?

This is ridiculous.

Closed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked