Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

22 killed in US air strikes in Syria

Eldorado

The US has carried out an air strike targeting Iran-backed militias in Syria, in the first military action undertaken by the Biden administration.

The Pentagon said the strike destroyed "multiple facilities" and was ordered in response to attacks against US and coalition personnel in Iraq.

Militia officials said one person had been killed but a war monitor reported at least 22 fatalities.

Full BBC report

Biden's Syria airstrike earns applause from prominent Republicans

Fox news report

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

The warmongers were quicker than I thought they would be.

The biden clan likes to kill fast.   

• Like 7

As we say in the military, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss." 

This is why I fid it amusing when people on different sides of political views project their belief on their respective candidates. They can't possibly understand what is given at security threat briefs. As soon as senior level politicians are actually briefed, they quickly realize how dangerous the world really is. Unfortunately, there are groups and some nations that would love for nothing but the total collapse of the US. No speeches, money for aid, sit down talks, or good intentions will change them or their hate of the US and western civilization in general.

Warmongers, indeed.....

• Like 4

Its a sign meant for the Russians and Chinese, as they cannot be bombed. 

Biden will not be messed with :gun:, unless he's having a nap. ;)

• The title was changed to 22 killed in US air strikes in Syria
2 hours ago, Trelane said:

As soon as senior level politicians are actually briefed, they quickly realize how dangerous the world really is.

He was privy to 8 years of such briefings.  My disgust isn't so much that military action MIGHT have been necessary.  The disgust comes from his hypocrisy against Trump for his decision to take part in retaliation AT ALL.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

How many people cheered when Trump took out Gen. Soleimani and some of his traveling companions? He was responsible for the deaths of a number of Americans.    Now we have Iranian backed non-government troops in Syria engaging American positions. No action required?  From a military and political standpoint there might be some differences but both the current and past president were advised to take action.

Regardless of my feelings about Trump or Biden, I think they had to respond in some way.  For many, one of Trumps highest achievements was to avoid starting another war, but he had to do something.  I think Biden found himself in the same boat.

I think the message was more to the ME than Russia or China.  We want to talk to Iran, but not at any price.  For Saudi  Arabia and Israel, we are shuffling our priorities and personnel, but not abandoning them.  But though they are our allies, we won't roll over for them either, America First after all.  For Syria, the message might be to get Iranian backed terrorists out of their country or deal with consequences should they arise.

Will it work?  Other presidents have had their plans jerked up short by the realities of the world.

On the good news side, you can still buy wonderful T-shirts from the  OMB website.  We will just assume instead of Orange Man Bad it stands for Old Man Bad.

4 hours ago, Michelle said:

The warmongers were quicker than I thought they would be.

4 hours ago, Myles said:

The biden clan likes to kill fast.   

This is exactly, down to every detail, what Trump did in December 2019.

Odd that you didn't make the same criticisms of him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, and then said:

He was privy to 8 years of such briefings.  My disgust isn't so much that military action MIGHT have been necessary.  The disgust comes from his hypocrisy against Trump for his decision to take part in retaliation AT ALL.  

That data he was privy to was outdated the day he left office as VP. The factors in many situations are fluid and some change on a daily basis. Hypocrisy has been synonymous with US politics for decades. Not sure why you're getting lathered up about it now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

How many people cheered when Trump took out Gen. Soleimani and some of his traveling companions? He was responsible for the deaths of a number of Americans.    Now we have Iranian backed non-government troops in Syria engaging American positions. No action required?  From a military and political standpoint there might be some differences but both the current and past president were advised to take action.

Regardless of my feelings about Trump or Biden, I think they had to respond in some way.  For many, one of Trumps highest achievements was to avoid starting another war, but he had to do something.  I think Biden found himself in the same boat.

I think the message was more to the ME than Russia or China.  We want to talk to Iran, but not at any price.  For Saudi  Arabia and Israel, we are shuffling our priorities and personnel, but not abandoning them.  But though they are our allies, we won't roll over for them either, America First after all.  For Syria, the message might be to get Iranian backed terrorists out of their country or deal with consequences should they arise.

Will it work?  Other presidents have had their plans jerked up short by the realities of the world.

On the good news side, you can still buy wonderful T-shirts from the  OMB website.  We will just assume instead of Orange Man Bad it stands for Old Man Bad.

Or Bored. Old man Bored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

This is exactly, down to every detail, what Trump did in December 2019.

Odd that you didn't make the same criticisms of him.

Go back and read the thread on it. I did criticize Trump while the left applauded him.

As a matter of fact, that was the only time they supported him.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Go back and read the thread on it. I did criticize Trump while the left applauded him.

Almost Michelle. Most of the left didn't like it either, but probably for political reasons.  I liked him keeping us out of wars.  Like the song says, walk away from trouble when you can, but sometimes you have to fight.  I don't like us being there, but until we are out, we do have to protect our troops and discourage attacks.

8 hours ago, Michelle said:

Did you think I wouldn't?

Not a single comment from you. And not a single positive one from anyone you'd describe as 'the left'.

If you're going to lie, at least make it harder to prove you a liar.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Setton said:

Did you think I wouldn't?

Not a single comment from you. And not a single positive one from anyone you'd describe as 'the left'.

If you're going to lie, at least make it harder to prove you a liar.

Convenient of you to skip to the third page. Manwon and Farmer, who hate Trump with a passion, really ripped him a new one didn't they? :rolleyes:

I made no comment because I was disappointed in Trump. I know what I was thinking at the time. I didn't remember whether I put it in writing or not.

• Like 2

Well the previous administration's assassination of the Iranian general doesn't seem to have done anything.  They also didn't bring everyone home to stop being targets. So it looks like we are just going back to the same old routine, doesn't it?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Convenient of you to skip to the third page. Manwon and Farmer, who hate Trump with a passion, really ripped him a new one didn't they? :rolleyes:

I made no comment because I was disappointed in Trump. I know what I was thinking at the time. I didn't remember whether I put it in writing or not.

I believe there were also multiple threads on it or at least it was brought up and discussed in other threads.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Didn't skip to any page. I read the three pages (1-3, like a normal person), then having confirmed you a liar, copied the link.

You claimed to have criticised Trump. Suddenly that's walked back to 'silently disappointed'. Yet when Biden does the exact same thing you feel the need to criticise openly.

Gosh, I wonder what the difference could possibly be :lol:

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Setton said:

You claimed to have criticised Trump. Suddenly that's walked back to 'silently disappointed'. Yet when Biden does the exact same thing you feel the need to criticise openly.

It's not like I don't have a life or anything. I don't remember who I said what to more than a year ago. I wasn't thrilled with it...so bite me.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

I believe there were also multiple threads on it or at least it was brought up and discussed in other threads.

I'm sure there was. I don't even remember that particular thread.

Anyone else get an odd feeling of “coincidence? I think not” about this attack and Joe’s criticisms of the Saudi Crown Prince? Almost as if there was a phone call “I’m going to act tough on TV, what can I do to show I still love you?” “Ohh, go Bomb some Syrians for us.”.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's not like I don't have a life or anything. I don't remember who I said what to more than a year ago. I wasn't thrilled with it...so bite me.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

All this backpedaling, you're going to meet yourselves coming back...