Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is God ?

docyabut2

7 minutes ago, Will Do said:

That's right. And every one of those things is a part of what God is.

BS will. 

That's just a display of information illiteracy. Even sounds dumb. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Will Do said:

I don't think what we're going through is the thing that matters. I think that how it's decided we're going to go through it, is what matters.

If you're saying its how we react to, or deal with what we're going through I'd agree

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

BS will. 

That's just a display of information illiteracy. Even sounds dumb. 

And even that ^ is a part of what God is.

Just now, Will Do said:

And even that ^ is a part of what God is.

No, it's a part of your limited mindset and how you want to see the world. 

To everyone else it's just BS 

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

No, it's a part of your limited mindset and how you want to see the world. 

To everyone else it's just BS 

Shake it up all you want. Even when you decide to be somewhere else at the end of time, you still won't be able to not be a part of what God is.

Edited by Will Do

1 minute ago, Will Do said:

Shake it up all you want. You still won't be able to not be a part of what God is. Even when you decide to be somewhere else at the end of time. :tu:

I have no control over your silly beliefs or the ability to rationalise your fortune cookie talk. If that's how you want to imagine the world, nobody can stop that. One can just point and laugh. 

It's your god. Not mine. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Not mine. 

But your will be done.

8 minutes ago, Will Do said:

But your will be done.

Nope, that rarely happens. One thing I've learned in life is no matter what plans you make, how well supported they are, and how we planned out they may be, that everything can tumble down without warning. 

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Life didn't begin with the big bang. Matter did. That formed particles, particles formed atoms atoms formed chemicals chemicals formed life.

The big bang theory seems nearly as odd to me as existence of God probably does to you.

As I understand it, all the matter there was, was in one place, then it blew up and spread out.

Then I read something about an "accordion effect" where everything blows up then goes back together again, and so on.

Isn't it just as likely that everything just always was? 

• Like 1

Jesus H. Christ......

My brain can't take this **** tonight

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, White-Coyote said:

The big bang theory seems nearly as odd to me as existence of God probably does to you.

As I understand it, all the matter there was, was in one place, then it blew up and spread out.

Then I read something about an "accordion effect" where everything blows up then goes back together again, and so on.

It depends how much you look at it. I take it you have a basic understanding that you have picked up from bits and pieces. Physics can get complex, a lot of people just give up on it and go with the god idea because it's easy. 

The stars are in different times to that which we are. A telescope is a time machine. When the light that comes from a distant star reaches your eye, that photon left that star millions of years ago and has been traveling through space ever since. Maybe it left when dinosaurs roamed the earth, maybe earlier.

The deeper we look with the fabulous telescopes we have built, the further back we can see. Currently, we can see all the way back to about 400,000 years after the big bang. 

The big bang theory (s) are extrapolations of those very observations. Discovered physics are helping fill in the blanks, as are observations of stars being born, and why we built the LHC. To smash matter down to a pre universe state. 

There are a lot of different sciences and observation theories supporting big bang models. It's not just a stab in the dark. The evidence that the big bang is "mostly" correct (and I'm talking a 99.99% "mostly" level mostly based on all the stuff I mentioned) is simply overwhelming.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, White-Coyote said:

Always was is a bit of a rabbit hole. 

Conditions that allowed the universe have always existed. Not the universe itself as such. More a change of state. Even the universe has had to evolve. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Will Do said:

Shake it up all you want. Even when you decide to be somewhere else at the end of time, you still won't be able to not be a part of what God is.

Shake it up when you don’t really need it....the Cars.  Great band.  A favorite when I was a child and to this day.  That’s something.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, acute said:

There are too many asses, nuts, accordions, and cookies on here.

[Thread closed]

Some people are slow learners and they need hearing it said again just for emphasis.  No one knows Jack diddley about God.

We know what we think of God. He doesn’t come down to. verify anything.  But, I really like the Native Americans Great Spirit,  that is pretty good. IMO. Considering the context that is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It depends how much you look at it. I take it you have a basic understanding that you have picked up from bits and pieces. Physics can get complex, a lot of people just give up on it and go with the god idea because it's easy. 

The stars are in different times to that which we are. A telescope is a time machine. When the light that comes from a distant star reaches your eye, that photon left that star millions of years ago and has been traveling through space ever since. Maybe it left when dinosaurs roamed the earth, maybe earlier.

The deeper we look with the fabulous telescopes we have built, the further back we can see. Currently, we can see all the way back to about 400,000 years after the big bang. 

The big bang theory (s) are extrapolations of those very observations. Discovered physics are helping fill in the blanks, as are observations of stars being born, and why we built the LHC. To smash matter down to a pre universe state. 

There are a lot of different sciences and observation theories supporting big bang models. It's not just a stab in the dark. The evidence that the big bang is "mostly" correct (and I'm talking a 99.99% "mostly" level mostly based on all the stuff I mentioned) is simply overwhelming.

Yeah I have somewhat of a general understanding. I get that when we look at the stars we're really seeing into the past, or the way they once were.

What I don't understand is where did it all come from. If all matter was in one spot how did it get there? Why did it blow up? 

And I understand why some of the big bang makes sense, like how everything is always moving away from everything else. 

It just leaves me with more questions than answers i guess 

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

We know what we think of God. He doesn’t come down to. verify anything.  But, I really like the Native Americans Great Spirit,  that is pretty good. IMO. Considering the context that is.

I like Odin. At least I know what he expects. The only problem is I doubt he's real, lol

• Like 1

All I know is what God is not.  I mean, according to logic, reason, understanding, and mindfulness plus experience. The Bible God isn’t the real one.

• Like 1

God is all loving.  But, if you’re not saved, he will resurrect you from the dead so you can spend the rest of eternity burning in the flames of hell.  What a bunch of BS.  But people have embraced it.  Love doesn’t set people on fire for eternity.

4 minutes ago, White-Coyote said:

Yeah I have somewhat of a general understanding. I get that when we look at the stars we're really seeing into the past, or the way they once were.

What I don't understand is where did it all come from. If all matter was in one spot how did it get there? Why did it blow up? 

And I understand why some of the big bang makes sense, like how everything is always moving away from everything else. 

It just leaves me with more questions than answers i guess 

That's where physics takes over and virtual particles summoned up by a difference of potential come in. That's why the LHC. So we can create pre universe conditions to actually study further how our universe formed. 

Big bang is a misnomer actually. It happened everywhere all at once. Now that raw material is expanding as the universe we live in. 

A lot of the answers are there, a lot simply to be confirmed and more coming. Like I said though, it's effort. That stops a lot of people right there, and why this knowledge isn't more common. 

• Like 2

Logic and reason, plus history and science don’t mean a thing to people who believe the Bible.  They just believe it because they do, or society does, or their parents did.

• Like 2

A certain person in my family is trying to get me saved by believing in the blood of Jesus.  I was going to make a thread on it.  Here’s the problem.  The “blood of Jesus” is based on the Bible, but the Bible completely sucks.  So, that disqualifies it from the start IMo.  Study out the Bible and see what you find.  You find the same thing as if you had never heard a thing about God, nothing.  

You think loving God, maker of all things would hold you accountable for someone else’s sins?  Or the blood of a goat can pardon you from your faults?

it is fricken crazy.  It’s left over fear of angry god from cave men.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's where physics takes over and virtual particles summoned up by a difference of potential come in. That's why the LHC. So we can create pre universe conditions to actually study further how our universe formed. 

Big bang is a misnomer actually. It happened everywhere all at once. Now that raw material is expanding as the universe we live in. 

A lot of the answers are there, a lot simply to be confirmed and more coming. Like I said though, it's effort. That stops a lot of people right there, and why this knowledge isn't more common. 

In other words "we don't know yet but we're trying to find out" sort of

Alright, im down with that.

So are you scientists? Just curious, you seem to know your stuff

• The topic was locked