Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is God ?

docyabut2

27 minutes ago, oslove said:

Well, I guess you are not interested to talk with me on What is God.

So, dear everyone else I am still waiting to talk to anyone here who is keen to dialog with me on What is God.

Though I am not the author of the OP, still I kind of adopt it for my own.

On the contrary I am more than happy to discuss this with you, as I have stated, very much like @XenoFish has stated, I believe God is a human construct, an idea, built to rationalise the unknowns in the world around us, and more often than not used by humans as a form of control through a complex system of worship and hierarchy.

It would seem it is you that does not wish to converse with me on this.  Unless you are willing only to engage with those that might not challenge your ideas?

Ball is entirely in your court.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Grey Area said:

On the contrary I am more than happy to discuss this with you, as I have stated, very much like @XenoFish has stated, I believe God is a human construct, an idea, built to rationalise the unknowns in the world around us, and more often than not used by humans as a form of control through a complex system of worship and hierarchy.

It would seem it is you that does not wish to converse with me on this.  Unless you are willing only to engage with those that might not challenge your ideas?

Ball is entirely in your court.

yep, well said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People who deny the truth refuse to humble themselves for the anointing not by oils, but the light of the Holy Ghost.

walkencommunion.gif?pbss=8f865265-8475-5

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Davros of Skaro said:

People who deny the truth refuse to humble themselves for the anointing not by oils, but the light of the Holy Ghost.

walkencommunion.gif?pbss=8f865265-8475-5

Hi Davros

Did I tell you about the time that,....hmm likely shouldn't considering the venue.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Davros

Did I tell you about the time that,....hmm likely shouldn't considering the venue.:lol:

jmccr8

NIq8SOW.jpg

OH! That time. You can talk about it here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks all, I`m just  so upset  cause I lost my brother ,dad ,husband and mother  that died  in so much  in their  long sufferings and now its my turn. and wonder why did the creator or god ever made this place  to suffer :(   

Edited by docyabut2
  • Sad 1

Some religions say Adam fell and other beliefs say it was a soul that separated from the creator a unbalance  that cause the fear and is going through sojourns  to be balance. And its not what I want to believe. I just want to believe there is a heaven over earth where my love ones still exist. ok again  what is the creator that created human suffering ?

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Thanks all, I`m just  so upset  cause I lost my brother ,dad ,husband and mother  that died  in so much  in their  long sufferings and now its my turn. and wonder why did the creator or god ever made this place  to suffer :(   

https://youtu.be/aaaN8Srclg4

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

its on earth that all life is recycling  so how we can get out if it :)

We sojourn here, briefly in our long existence and we get out of it by dying. I'm 66 and have lost all my elder loved one's as well. The purpose of life is to live, to be born into the world and leave it when we die. It is a place of joy and sorrow, good health and suffering, love and love unrequited. Still,  I would not choose to forgo the experience to avoid the bad and miss all the good. I am grateful to have been given life and to have lived it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

We sojourn here, briefly in our long existence and we get out of it by dying. I'm 66 and have lost all my elder loved one's as well. The purpose of life is to live, to be born into the world and leave it when we die. It is a place of joy and sorrow, good health and suffering, love and love unrequited. Still,  I would not choose to forgo the experience to avoid the bad and miss all the good. I am grateful to have been given life and to have lived it.

sorry I don`nt want to experience life and suffering  over and over.:( human sufferings

Edited by docyabut2

9 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry I don`nt want to experience life and suffering  over and over.:( human sufferings

Who would? Still, if that's how it works, it may be why we don't remember any of the last ones. I don't believe in linear reincarnation, myself--but some do.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:54 AM, White-Coyote said:

Yeah I have somewhat of a general understanding. I get that when we look at the stars we're really seeing into the past, or the way they once were.

What I don't understand is where did it all come from. If all matter was in one spot how did it get there? Why did it blow up? 

And I understand why some of the big bang makes sense, like how everything is always moving away from everything else. 

It just leaves me with more questions than answers i guess 

Science hurts my brain I have never been able to get my head around it, though it intrigues me, yet I find the idea of God even more baffling.  It baffles me that people ask how and why for the big bang but not God. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Unfortunately life can be hard and suffering is something we all deal with at some points in our lifetime, some however do seem to have a great deal more than others.  I am sorry that life is this way for you and you are feeling the way you are  I do not think you will find your answers on this forum I'm not altogether sure you know what answer/s you are looking for.  I do think that maybe it would be an idea if you are not already, you find someone you can talk to regarding what is happening in your life and get some help in coping with it and if possible moving passed it.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 3/6/2021 at 7:05 AM, XenoFish said:

God is an idea that people created in order to fill a need. 

You see, dear Xeno, an idea has got to impact on the objective world that is outside and independent of our mind.

So, your definition of God as an idea says nothing about how it impacts on the objective world at all, try again.

I like very much to have a sustained exchange with you, but you and I we have got to accept that anything worth thinking about in our mind, it has got to have an impact on the objective world, do you understand that?

One thing positive with you is that you are always around, but please produce something that has an impact on the objective world, do you get what I am saying to you at all?

5 minutes ago, oslove said:

You see, dear Xeno, an idea has got to impact on the objective world that is outside and independent of our mind.

So, your definition of God as an idea says nothing about how it impacts on the objective world at all, try again.

I like very much to have a sustained exchange with you, but you and I we have got to accept that anything worth thinking about in our mind, it has got to have an impact on the objective world, do you understand that?

One thing positive with you is that you are always around, but please produce something that has an impact on the objective world, do you get what I am saying to you at all?

I don't wish to have any further discussion with someone who has said that my life isn't worth living. You can keep your opinions and flowery language to yourself. Welcome to my ignore list. You are officially the lowest person on it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I don't wish to have any further discussion with someone who has said that my life isn't worth living. You can keep your opinions and flowery language to yourself. Welcome to my ignore list. You are officially the lowest person on it. 

Hey thats my place. :angry:

He just can't help being condescending can he ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Haha 4

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Hey thats my place. :angry:

Only in the illuminati pecking order. 

• Haha 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

Only in the illuminati pecking order. 

I'm not at the bottom in the Illuminati pecking order..... I'm not in the Illuminati at all... In fact I don't even know what the Illumnati is ... and it certainly doesn't exists anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Who said you will. Just think of the good things that have happened in life. You can't end suffering no matter how hard you (and all of us) might try. Our lives are a hardship from beginning to end. However it is those tiny moments of joy that make it worth it. The good memories. Sometimes we forget them, sometimes we need to remember. 

• Like 2

Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm not at the bottom in the Illuminati pecking order..... I'm not in the Illuminati at all... In fact I don't even know what the Illumnati is ... and it certainly doesn't exists anyway.

Keep repeating the mantra, Minion. Repeat "the illuminati isn't real, the illuminati isn't real."

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

He just can't help being condescending can he ?

You see, dear Noteverythingisaconspiracy...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Who said you will. Just think of the good things that have happened in life. You can't end suffering no matter how hard you (and all of us) might try. Our lives are a hardship from beginning to end. However it is those tiny moments of joy that make it worth it. The good memories. Sometimes we forget them, sometimes we need to remember. 

Does it always work for you? If not, remember, if someone's in pain, words like that don't mean jack, even if they are true. Sometimes they just need a hug, or word of sympathy, not a lecture.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Does it always work for you? If not, remember, if someone's in pain, words like that don't mean jack, even if they are true. Sometimes they just need a hug, or word of sympathy, not a lecture.

Maybe they're not the only one who's reading. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe they're not the only one who's reading. 

The choir are very good listeners.

• The topic was locked