Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is God ?

docyabut2

27 minutes ago, oslove said:

So, dear folks here, I am still waiting for all you guys here to present your definition of evidence, from your own knowledge, without going to dictionaries, as you use the word all the time.

hi Oslove

Most of us already agree that evidence is that which can be observed, qualified and quantified, your discussion style is evidence of you not accepting what people are trying to engage you with productively for discussion and that you will not make clear descriptions of what god is. Whoopie god is a creative operator according to you which is funny because if god is operating us then why is he making it so difficult for you by using us to confound you if he is in fact the operator of all men.

• Like 5

Dear Liquid, you say, "we never get there because you get stuck on quizzing people for irrelevant definitions instead of just explaining your point."

Please forgive me, dear Liquid, but you and I differ on the importance with definitions of key terms in any serious productive exchange of views.

19 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The First Cause:

"In science, God is the First Cause; in religion, the universal and loving Father; in philosophy, the one being who exists by himself, not dependent on any other being for existence but beneficently conferring reality of existence on all things and upon all other beings. But it requires revelation to show that the First Cause of science and the self-existent Unity of philosophy are the God of religion, full of mercy and goodness and pledged to effect the eternal survival of his children on earth."

Nope, science has nothing to say on the existence of God, pro or con, beyond stating that God “is not required” to explain existence. There’s a huge difference. 

cormac

• Like 5

Not science, but the scientist.

To Jmc, you say, "Most of us already agree that evidence is . . ."

Just you each one, there is no harm, just present from your very own knowledge what is evidence, and in the shortest number of words you can manage: then we can all work together as to concur on a definition of evidence, okay?

Forgive me, may I just now read your definition of evidence from your very own knowledge, and in the shortest number of words?

2 minutes ago, oslove said:

Forgive me, may I just now read your definition of evidence from your very own knowledge, and in the shortest number of words?

Hi Oslove

16 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Most of us already agree that evidence is that which can be observed, qualified and quantified,

Was that too short and you missed it?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

From Jmc

Most of us already agree that evidence is that which can be observed, qualified and quantified, your discussion style is evidence of you not accepting what people are trying to engage you with productively for discussion and that you will not make clear descriptions of what god is. Whoopie god is a creative operator according to you which is funny because if god is operating us then why is he making it so difficult for you by using us to confound you if he is in fact the operator of all men.

=================

Please present seriously your definition of God, okay?

Here is my definition of God, "God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

And here is my definition of evidence, "Evidence is anything existng that leads an honest intelligent person to come to another thing also existing."

Please prove that there is no God accoding to your definition of God, and by your definition of evidence

2 minutes ago, oslove said:

~SNIP~

Please prove that there is no God accoding to your definition of God, and by your definition of evidence

God, ie. Yahweh the Midianite storm/mountain deity, was NEVER a creator deity in his own right nor was He original to the Israelites. At some point between the 12th to 14th century BC He was introduced to the Israelites where He was then placed as a “son of El” the Canaanite Creator deity. By the 9th - 8th century BC He was merged with the Canaanite god El under Yahweh’s own name as the sole Creator of the Israelites. By or shortly after the Babylonian Exile circa 538 BC He was considered the sole Creator deity for ALL peoples. Your “god” is a crap shoot compilation of multiple deities. That’s what the evidence shows. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Gimme a shoot! 

Give him a crap! 

dance-cheer.gif

~

• Haha 5

From Cormac: Nope, science has nothing to say on the existence of God, pro or con, beyond stating that God “is not required” to explain existence. There’s a huge difference. 

Okay, dear Corman, suppose you tell us how science explains existence, okay?

26 minutes ago, oslove said:

Hi Oslove

I have a couple of times in this thread and a couple more times in the past in other threads.

I don't have to disprove if your god is real it's real to you and that is what matters same with anyone else's idea of god. Does it matter to you that I am not compelled to believe in what  you do? I don't like eggplant, doesn't mean I go around telling anyone not to eat it because it is a personal choice.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, oslove said:

From Cormac: Nope, science has nothing to say on the existence of God, pro or con, beyond stating that God “is not required” to explain existence. There’s a huge difference. 

I have better things to waste my time on and your attempt to play word games is NOT one of them. 

cormac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

God is a Belief, taken on Faith, requiring neither evidence, proof nor empirical confirmation. Anyone insisting on proof or that there is objective evidence, has no Faith and is, therefore, either an unbeliever or an apostate. Such a person is one who considers themselves wise in the matters of Deity and are, therefore, a fool.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

I seem to observe that there is some kind of anger against me for talking about my evidence on God existing.

Please don't be angry.

Suppose we just work together to understand the implication of this statement, There has always been something instead of nothing.

1 hour ago, oslove said:

Google "There has always been something instead of nothing."

About 8,590,000,000 results (0.53 seconds) 

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=There+has+always+been+something+instead+of+nothing.

The last thing anyone needs who truly believes through Faith in God is proof. Through Faith we are saved by the Grace of God, not by anything we think, feel we know, or do. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, oslove said:

I seem to observe that there is some kind of anger against me for talking about my evidence on God existing.

Please don't be angry.

Suppose we just work together to understand the implication of this statement, There has always been something instead of nothing.

Annoyance not anger. You are the brick wall many of us have foolishly chosen to talk with.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

The last thing anyone needs who truly believes through Faith in God is proof.

aleister-crowley-382362.jpg

I don't think much of crowley the person, but he does have his moments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

aleister-crowley-382362.jpg

I don't think much of crowley the person, but he does have his moments.

Uncle Fester! Is that you!?!??!!?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, oslove said:

Please don't be angry.

Hi Oslove

Just because people disagree with your manner of posting does not mean that they are angry , I know I am not 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, oslove said:

I have a better idea, prove that what’s been said in Post #634 is not actually true and that you, specifically, know “What’s Really Going On”. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

I have a better idea, prove that what’s been said in Post #634 is not actually true and that you, specifically, know “What’s Really Going On”. 

cormac

"God, ie. Yahweh the Midianite storm/mountain deity, was NEVER a creator deity in his own right nor was He original to the Israelites. At some point between the 12th to 14th century BC He was introduced to the Israelites where He was then placed as a “son of El” the Canaanite Creator deity. By the 9th - 8th century BC He was merged with the Canaanite god El under Yahweh’s own name as the sole Creator of the Israelites. By or shortly after the Babylonian Exile circa 538 BC He was considered the sole Creator deity for ALL peoples. Your “god” is a crap shoot compilation of multiple deities. That’s what the evidence shows." -Cormac

That text above from you dear Cormac is not any kind of evidence that God does not exist, it is just an empty collection of unverifiable categorical statements.

================

Please prove that there is no God accoding to your definition of God, and by your definition of evidence.

Here is my definition of God, "God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

And here is my definition of evidence, "Evidence is anything existng that leads an honest intelligent person to come to another thing also existing."

11 minutes ago, oslove said:

"God, ie. Yahweh the Midianite storm/mountain deity, was NEVER a creator deity in his own right nor was He original to the Israelites. At some point between the 12th to 14th century BC He was introduced to the Israelites where He was then placed as a “son of El” the Canaanite Creator deity. By the 9th - 8th century BC He was merged with the Canaanite god El under Yahweh’s own name as the sole Creator of the Israelites. By or shortly after the Babylonian Exile circa 538 BC He was considered the sole Creator deity for ALL peoples. Your “god” is a crap shoot compilation of multiple deities. That’s what the evidence shows." -Cormac

That text above from you dear Cormac is not any kind of evidence that God does not exist, it is just an empty collection of unverifiable categorical statements.

================

Please prove that there is no God accoding to your definition of God, and by your definition of evidence.

Nope, it is quite verifiable, both in the archaeological as well as textual evidence from multiple ancient peoples. That you apparently don’t know this speaks volumes about your ignorance of ancient peoples and their beliefs. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

The last thing anyone needs who truly believes through Faith in God is proof. Through Faith we are saved by the Grace of God, not by anything we think, feel we know, or do. 

I see, dear Ham, you know God exists from revelation i.e. the Bible, and thus you believe that you are saved through faith by the grace of God.

I know God exists from reasoning.

Suppose we just work together to understand the implication of this statement, "There has always been something instead of nothing." It will bring us to know God exists, the God that I define as the permanent and self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.

• The topic was locked