Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
docyabut2

What is God ?

458 posts in this topic

oslove
On 2/27/2021 at 6:13 AM, docyabut2 said:

I `m a skeptical of What is God ? a supreme being?

what supreme being created this horrible place on earth ?

to come into this world in pain and cause another into pain to enter

then have to kill and consume life  to survive, in pains and sufferings 

pains of decaying our bodies and dying

what is god ?

I like your topic very much.

Here is my information of my concept of God, you can read it as information, thus not implicating yourself as endorsing the concept - wherefore that you accept it as truth, okay?

"God in concept is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (23 words)

jmccr8
4 hours ago, oslove said:

Here is my information of my concept of God, you can read it as information, thus not implicating yourself as endorsing the concept - wherefore that you accept it as truth, okay?

"God in concept is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (23 words)

Hi Oslove

Oh really (2 words)

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

Jon the frog
On 2/26/2021 at 5:13 PM, docyabut2 said:

what is god ?

God is the little brother of bigfoot.

oslove
On 2/27/2021 at 6:13 AM, docyabut2 said:

what is god ?

I told you already in my immediately preceding post here, that my concept of God is the following:

"God in concept is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending."

Now, as you are asking what is God, let me invite you to do honest intelligent productive thinking, to come also yourself to know that God exists, in concept as above drafted for you.

You might call what I am going to tell you, a most concise history of man's knowledge of what God is.

In very primitive times man thought honestly intelligently and productively, that there had got to be a cause of the water running in the river from which man obtained water to drink, that is what we today call causation, namely, that something causes another thing to come to existence.

Quick forward to present times, now we know about the sun, the stars, the galaxies, in brief, the universe, and we know ourselves to be homo sapiens, aka intelligent human.

And from most deep and most high and most wide honest intelligent productive thinking, man has come to know the existence of God, in concept as the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

That concept of God is what we call God from reason, and from the concept of God from reason, man also drafts the concept of God from religion.

Now, you will ask me, what is God from reason and what is God from religion?

Here. read carefully with honest intelligent productive thoughtfulness:

God from reason is grounded upon man's honest intelligent productive thinking on reason, reason as distinct from affection.

And God from religion is founded upon man's nature as an emotional being, emotion is what we call symbolically the heart.

So, you see that man has a brain for reasoning, and a heart for sentiment, feeling like love, hate, bliss, etc.

Now, I ask you to observe what are people doing in church, they are praying to God, to ask for favors of all kinds, from getting a spouse, having a baby, etc. etc. etc., they are appealing to the goodness of God, telling God that He God and us humans, we have got to be linked together: so that we humans are concerned with God and He God is concerned with us humans.

I will stop at this point, and await with bated breath to read your honest intelligent productive reactions to my this present post here.

Nuclear Wessel
22 hours ago, oslove said:

"Nonexistent." (1 word)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

oslove

Well, to date I have not seen anything that is indicative of honest intelligent productive thinking at all.

Nuclear Wessel
32 minutes ago, oslove said:

Well, to date I have not seen anything that is indicative of honest intelligent productive thinking at all.

Kind of like how I view your posts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Xeno-Fish
33 minutes ago, oslove said:

Like telling people to end themselves? 

• Thanks 4

Nuclear Wessel
Just now, XenoFish said:

Like telling people to end themselves? 

Where was that?

Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Where was that?

Here.

• Like 1

Nuclear Wessel
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

and it was at that moment @oslove realized he ****ed up.

• Like 3

Xeno-Fish
Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

and it was at that moment @oslove realized he ****ed up.

Probably doesn't care. Seems the sort. Given where I've been mentally over the past few years and what I almost did back in 2018, kinda stung a little.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Xeno-Fish

If God is love, then why aren't its followers more compassionate? 

• Like 3

Nuclear Wessel
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Probably doesn't care. Seems the sort. Given where I've been mentally over the past few years and what I almost did back in 2018, kinda stung a little.

Without going into detail I can say that those thoughts and feelings are not unfamiliar to me. IMO life is suffering, but I think you, like myself, see that there is some beauty in it all.

Your being here is a testament to that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Xeno-Fish
1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Without going into detail I can say that those thoughts and feelings are not unfamiliar to me. IMO life is suffering, but I think you, like myself, see that there is some beauty in it all.

Your being here is a testament to that.

There are people who need me and a cat that demands feeding. Plus if there really isn't anything after this life, I want to give death two middle fingers till the very end. 

• Like 3

Nuclear Wessel
Just now, XenoFish said:

There are people who need me and a cat that demands feeding. Plus if there really isn't anything after this life, I want to give death two middle fingers till the very end. 

Exactly. Invoking the late Dylan Thomas,

Do not go gentle into that good night

• Like 5

Mr Walker
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I am glad you didn't.

However, people like yourself and oslove  have irreconcilable differences in your world views 

Mine is different to both of yours .

Just a word on compassion  Compassion is attached to what you believe is best for others.

It might  mean not agreeing with certain  behaviours or beliefs and trying to argue you out of them.

It might mean trying to help, with beliefs or practices which work for you. 

it might even mean interfering with another's life, to prevent suicide or other problems.

Sometimes compassion may mean preventing another from  taking their own  life.

Sometimes it might mean helping them to do so.

Only you (generic) have the right to decide when  to continue your life and when to end it (unless you are mentally unwell, and not competent to make that decision) 

Your mind and body is yours. Not gods, not the governments, and not even your loved ones.

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Somehow I don't think Jesus would approve of that.  

Here is the quote from Oslove:

Xeno says: "I don't place much to any thought in regards to the how and why of my existence."

And I say unto you, your life is not worth living because you don't examine it, wherefore you don't deserve to live.

:no:

• Like 3

Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Somehow I don't think Jesus would approve of that.  

Here is the quote from Oslove:

:no:

I have no idea how it went from me not worrying about why I even exist to, you don't deserve to live. Whatever god/religion oslove is on I want zero part of it. Though it does make me wonder what kind of god some of these fanatics have. 

• Like 4

oslove
5 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Kind of like how I view your posts.

Dear Nuclear, do you have any concept at all of God, and please don't tell me that as you don't accept the existence of God or gods, you don't need to have any concept of God or gods - at least you have some information about Bigfoot which I assume you do have some information on what is the concept of Bigfoot.

jmccr8
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oslove said:

at least you have some information about Bigfoot which I assume you do have some information on what is the concept of Bigfoot.

Hi Oslove

I would suggest that when it gets to 2 cows=1 pair of boots is bigfoot.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
not sure but did it anyway
  • Haha 1

oslove
8 hours ago, oslove said:

And docyabut2 has no interest in a dialogue with me, so what do you guys here say?

I want to have a one on one dialogue with just one of you, on a sustained exchange on what is God, so come forward to let me see you, and I will choose one of you, okay?

Grey Area
2 hours ago, oslove said:

And docyabut2 has no interest in a dialogue with me, so what do you guys here say?

I want to have a one on one dialogue with just one of you, on a sustained exchange on what is God, so come forward to let me see you, and I will choose one of you, okay?

I think it is very easy to see how, without the tools and knowledge to explain our universe it is easy to construct a God to rationalise the world around us.

The way I see it, God is a fog, it blinds us to reality.  I think it serves purpose for some, but it’s the universal ‘somebody else’s problem field’.

• Like 2

oslove
14 hours ago, Grey Area said:

I think it is very easy to see how, without the tools and knowledge to explain our universe it is easy to construct a God to rationalise the world around us.

The way I see it, God is a fog, it blinds us to reality.  I think it serves purpose for some, but it’s the universal ‘somebody else’s problem field’.

Well, I guess you are not interested to talk with me on What is God.

So, dear everyone else I am still waiting to talk to anyone here who is keen to dialog with me on What is God.

Though I am not the author of the OP, still I kind of adopt it for my own.

Xeno-Fish
10 minutes ago, oslove said:

What is God.

God is an idea that people created in order to fill a need. 

• Thanks 1