Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

COVID19 misinformation Vaccine for fake news

Grim Reaper 6

Anti-vaccination groups are projected to dominate social media in the next decade if left unchallenged. To counter their viral misinformation at a time when COVID-19 vaccines are being rolled out, our research team has produced a “psychological vaccine” that helps people detect and resist the lies and hoaxes they encounter online.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19-misinformation-scientists-create-a-psychological-vaccine-to-protect-against-fake-news-153024

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Never mind Anti-Vaccination Groups. we've seen both the French and German Govts playing politics. and as a result just over a million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine in Germany has not been used. and this when Frau Merkel said this week Germany is entering its third wave.

oh well more for everyone else.

• Like 5

I wonder who is sponsoring this rubbish..While we try to identify viral disinformation lets first remove the Profit motive from the equation.

Edited by jules99
accuracy
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, jules99 said:

I wonder who is sponsoring this rubbish..While we try to identify viral disinformation lets first remove the Profit motive from the equation.

How do you think that should be done? Seems like a a very difficult task to me.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Never mind Anti-Vaccination Groups. we've seen both the French and German Govts playing politics. and as a result just over a million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine in Germany has not been used. and this when Frau Merkel said this week Germany is entering its third wave.

oh well more for everyone else.

That is a very sad situation, and I certainly don't know how to fix it. But, the fake news and intentional misinformation about the effects the vaccine is having on people worldwide can be dealt with. Intentionally attempting to create fear, and trying to stop people from being vaccinated through misinformation and lies is just as bad if not worst. 

Its a sad situation in both cases, and certainly makes no sense at all.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

How do you think that should be done? Seems like a a very difficult task to me.

This article gives a break up of different pharma companies coronavirus vaccines, their investment in Covid vaccine vs Govt investment, private investment and final cost estimate;

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55170756

We can also look at the behaviour and ethics of companies selling vaccine;

https://science.thewire.in/health/pfizer-demands-governments-gamble-with-state-assets-to-secure-vaccine-deal/

Further, some simple, cheap, cost effective measures to protect against Covid have not been promoted, such as taking Vitamin D...

I agree with you though, it is difficult, in difficult times to protect against misinformation..  

Edited by jules99
spelling
  • Like 3

Personally, I had the Pfizer vaccine some weeks ago, because I was trained as a vaccinator. I'm a bit mystified as to why anti-vaxx is such a powerful thing, to my mind having a miniscule amount of inert cell material injected into a muscle to provoke an immune response, in a procedure which has been safely carried out millions of times and over many decades and has been proven to prevent dread diseases, is a bit of a no-brainer when you compare it with fighting for breath in an ICU. No doubt an anti antivaxxer will enlighten me.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Ian Brown is one of the celebrities who has come out strongly against vaccination, but he has not made it clear why (at least not in this article): Piers Morgan applauds fan for calling out singer Ian Brown's anti-vaccination remarks | Daily Mail Online

From the article :In since deleted tweets, Ian had said: 'So I’m a conspiracy theorist HA! A term invented by the lame stream media to discredit those who can smell and see through the government/media lies.'

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Personally, I had the Pfizer vaccine some weeks ago, because I was trained as a vaccinator. I'm a bit mystified as to why anti-vaxx is such a powerful thing, to my mind having a miniscule amount of inert cell material injected into a muscle to provoke an immune response, in a procedure which has been safely carried out millions of times and over many decades and has been proven to prevent dread diseases, is a bit of a no-brainer when you compare it with fighting for breath in an ICU. No doubt an anti antivaxxer will enlighten me.

I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I also have no desire to get this jab ASAP.  A few reasons... first, pharma companies were given total immunity (no pun intended) from any liability for harm in those who receive this vaccine.  Second, despite rhetoric to the contrary, this vaccine was RUSHED to market in a period of time that was years faster than typical FDA approved medicines.  Anyone who says they KNOW there will be no long-term adverse effects, is lying.  Finally, while very few people are having serious side effects, enough of them are that weighing the odds of acquiring and surviving the C-19 naturally is worth the risk for many people. 

Above ALL other concerns, I refuse to allow government to demand I inject something into my body against my will.  No, they haven't YET made this mandatory.  Most governments are relying on fear or what passes for common sense to rush their populations into compliance.  We're well into the second year of this pandemic and global deaths are around 2 million.  Each death is a tragedy for a family but the 1918-20 Influenza killed between 50 and 100 million in 2 years.  

Treating this novel coronavirus as though it was a scourge at THAT level is not only ridiculous, it smacks of conspiracy.  I predict that "vaccine passports" will soon become the norm.  I find that acceptable UNLESS governments use the issue to control people's lives by restricting their ability to take part in the market place.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, and then said:

We're well into the second year of this pandemic and global deaths are around 2 million.  Each death is a tragedy for a family but the 1918-20 Influenza killed between 50 and 100 million in 2 years.  

You didn't notice the whole lockdown thing going on then?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Outrage as video of anti-vaxxer Louis Farrakhan calling COVID vaccine the 'vial of death' is shared on Twitter and Facebook despite their misinformation 'crackdown'

Louis Farrakhan told believers that COVID-19 vaccine is a 'vial of death,' a claim that was shared on Twitter and Facebook despite misinformation policies

A video of Farrakhan saying the vaccine 'is death itself' was reportedly shared on Facebook and YouTube, where it remained until Saturday night 

Link to the video is still accessible in tweet from National of Islam as of Sunday

cont...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9335699/Louis-Farrakhans-vial-death-vaccine-claims-remain-Twitter-despite-misinformation-policies.html

• Like 1

• Like 1

My mom had the Moderna Vaccine this past Tuesday and has had no effects, I also have had a few friends get the shot 2 months ago and they also had no effects. Take also into account 304 Million worldwide have been vaccinated, with the USA already at 17% percent in having been given the shot. Most of the side of effects have been mild ie sore arm, fatigue etc. What I find funny about some Anti Vaxers is they talk about how people cannot tell them what to do with their body, yet in the same breath try and scare people from taking it and those that want it. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 12:18 PM, jules99 said:

Further, some simple, cheap, cost effective measures to protect against Covid have not been promoted, such as taking Vitamin D...

Possible positive effects of vitamin D on C19 are still subject to scienitific research and until now there are no results available which would declare vitamin D as a treatment against C19. Furthermore, the current number of clinical trial participants is too low to produce results which would fit on a global scale.

I agree with you though, it is difficult, in difficult times to protect against misinformation.. 

By your comment you have proven that you failed to protect yourself from misinformation and what is even worse is that you spreaded misinformation.

4 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

My mom had the Moderna Vaccine this past Tuesday and has had no effects, I also have had a few friends get the shot 2 months ago and they also had no effects. Take also into account 304 Million worldwide have been vaccinated, with the USA already at 17% percent in having been given the shot. Most of the side of effects have been mild ie sore arm, fatigue etc. What I find funny about some Anti Vaxers is they talk about how people cannot tell them what to do with their body, yet in the same breath try and scare people from taking it and those that want it. 

Anti-vaxxers are bat-s--- crazy, we know that. Unfortunately they are doing a lot of harm. Is this thread pro- vaccination or anti-vaccination- I can't work it out?

3 hours ago, toast said:

Possible positive effects of vitamin D on C19 are still subject to scienitific research and until now there are no results available which would declare vitamin D as a treatment against C19. Furthermore, the current number of clinical trial participants is too low to produce results which would fit on a global scale.

By your comment you have proven that you failed to protect yourself from misinformation and what is even worse is that you spreaded misinformation.

So I guess you will have to include  the British government, the Lancet as well as myself as  spreading misinformation,

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30183-2/fulltext

3 hours ago, jules99 said:

So I guess you will have to include  the British government, the Lancet as well as myself as  spreading misinformation,

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(20)30183-2/fulltext

If you had read and understood the article you (hopefully) would have recognised that your assertion:

... cost effective measures to protect against Covid have not been promoted, such as taking Vitamin D

...isnt backed by the article.

You again spreaded misinformation.

• Like 2

There are suggestions that having a vitamin D deficency may result in those who contract the virus having more severe symptoms, requiring hospitilisation.   

However, it is a non seqitur fallacy to therefore suggest  that taking extra vitamin D will protect you from Covid-19 - especially so if you had no such deficency to start with.

Also worth considering that a deficency in vitamin D may also just be symptomatic of other lifestyle/health issues that could be the proximate cause of experiencing more severe reaction to the virus.   ie, if you spend most of your time indoors, you may consequentially have a vitamin D deficency. but may also be obese or generally unfit.   

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 9:09 AM, ted hughes said:

Your post is misinformation. "Having a minuscule amount of inert cell material" I.e the virus, is how all vaccines have previously worked. This one however:

The Comirnaty vaccine will not give you COVID-19. It does not contain any live virus, or dead or deactivated virus. It works by triggering your immune system

Can you at least admit that this vaccine is the first of it's kind in that it doesnt introduce the virus to your body, but manipulates the RNA so that you have an immune response to Covid?

Edit.  I've had all my vaccinations and I dont care if you are vaccinated or not. Not anti vax, not trying to stop people getting vaccinated.  

Edited by Hugh Mungus
To prevent anti vax comments
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Your post is misinformation. "Having a minuscule amount of inert cell material" I.e the virus, is how all vaccines have previously worked. This one however:

Can you at least admit that this vaccine is the first of it's kind in that it doesnt introduce the virus to your body, but manipulates the RNA so that you have an immune response to Covid?

Edit.  I've had all my vaccinations and I dont care if you are vaccinated or not. Not anti vax, not trying to stop people getting vaccinated.  

Do you even have any idea how RNA works? You also know there are vaccines right now that don't use the technology for example Johnson and Johnson. 

Edited by Scholar4Truth

1 minute ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Do you even have any idea how RNA works?

Do you want a lesson, or are you disputing what i have said?

This is the first vaccine to use a mRNA instead of a live or inert strain of a virus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Do you want a lesson, or are you disputing what i have said?

This is the first vaccine to use a mRNA instead of a live or inert strain of a virus

Ok but you do realize this has been studied in other viruses as well such as flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus right? this has been going on for some time.

6 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Ok but you do realize this has been studied in other viruses as well such as flu, Zika, rabies, and cytomegalovirus right? this has been going on for some time.

You clearly are knowledgeable about this topic. You can barely tell where you copied directly from your source without linking.

How many approved mRNA vaccines are there?

Why are the only ones approved for Covid?

Why are the makers of these vaccines immune from prosecution for side effects?

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

You clearly are knowledgeable about this topic. You can barely tell where you copied directly from your source without linking.

How many approved mRNA vaccines are there?

Why are the only ones approved for Covid?

Why are the makers of these vaccines immune from prosecution for side effects?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html#:~:text=mRNA vaccines have been studied,into an mRNA vaccine. There is even a 24 page document that talks about this issue. 

• Like 1