Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gargantuan moth is larger than woman's hand

UM-Bot

I would be terrified to encounter one of these in real life, but the photos are beautiful. Nature is incredible.

• Like 3

I know it looks girly, but it's actually Donald Trump's hand, and the moth's wingspan is two inches. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I have an old work buddy that is frightened of nothing. Except moths. Even small moths petrify him. If this thing flew anywhere near him he would drop a log into his undercrackers and probably lose consciousness.

I'd be more than happy to hold this lovely creature. (Obviously nowhere near my old buddy as he'd put me to sleep sharpish.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's no small amount of forced perspective going on in those three photos in the link. It's a big moth, but the images provided are also misleading.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seti42 said:

There's no small amount of forced perspective going on in those three photos in the link. It's a big moth, but the images provided are also misleading.

The articles are misleading, I don’t know if OP ever claimed it was her hand. She’s 50+ and her hands definitely are not that youthful.

In the comments on the photos she uploaded to Facebook, she answered that it was her 9yo grandsons hand after being questioned. 

And yes the forced perspective is annoying. They are big moths, but not that big. 

• Like 2

I have seen these before they are massive, i believe it. I have seen them the size of my open hand. At eastern creek tip when i worked there but you would also see rats the size of cats too.

• Like 4

If that's an adult's hand they need to get a job, lol.

Edited by openozy

On 2/27/2021 at 11:30 PM, Timothy said:

The articles are misleading, I don’t know if OP ever claimed it was her hand. She’s 50+ and her hands definitely are not that youthful.

In the comments on the photos she uploaded to Facebook, she answered that it was her 9yo grandsons hand after being questioned. 

And yes the forced perspective is annoying. They are big moths, but not that big. 

I wondered about the perspective as well. Irritating and disappointing really, as it probably was impressive.