Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cuomo acussed of sexual harassment twice

Grim Reaper 6

On 3/6/2021 at 11:00 PM, psyche101 said:

That's ridiculous.

He has abused his position. If it was any workplace I have been in, it would be immediate dismissal followed by legal consequences. 

Nobody is irreplaceable. I'm sure he could be replaced within 24 hours by someone grateful for the position ready to do a decent job. 

This is Cuomo we're talking about right? 

What a person does in their non-office life should be left to them. Unless its a crime, or substantially affects their ability to do the job. So far he's been accused of much, but not convicted of anything, AFAIK.

This used to be Leftist stance, but now the Left cares more for appearances then actually protecting peoples privacy.

23 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Exactly. That’s what’s baffling. Sexual misconduct? What about mass murder? At the least mass man slaughter. 

I believe Trump is accused of killing the half million who've died of covid. As if he had a hand in each one.

Why treat Cuomo with a lesser standard? He directly gave instruction that directly resulted in deaths. Then hid those deaths in his reports.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I believe Trump is accused of killing the half million who've died of covid. As if he had a hand in each one.

Why treat Cuomo with a lesser standard? He directly gave instruction that directly resulted in deaths. Then hid those deaths in his reports.

Sure. That may be an accusation some people on the internet have made, but not a legal one.  So far, Trump is not facing charges of murder, just fraud

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

What you don't realize is that you are still trying to defend Trump, while no one, liberals and liberal media included are defending Cuomo.  You truly don't see the difference here.  Some people know wrong is wrong, and refuse to defend it...and some people will defend a person, and even go as far as storming a government building to do so.  Cuomo is trash, and he should have resigned a month ago.  No one will argue that fact.  Liberal media has said he should resign...do you believe he should resign?  Do you believe Trump should have resigned when the Woodward tapes came out where Trump said he was downplaying the virus as to not cause a panic?  Or, are you holding him to a lesser standard?

• Like 2

I'd, in a general way, agree with that. 

My opinion was Clinton was even less fit.

Quote possibly, bit entirely irrelevant.

I think the outrage is due to the hypocrisy, not the actual acts. At least by the Right. These same Democrats making excuses for Cuomo, have at other times, such as with Kavanagh for the Supreme Court, stated that a single accusation should disqualify a person from such an office.

Indeed, I find it ridiculous and somewhat inhuman to put politics before people. The situation gets more coverage than the victim. There's something terribly wrong with that. This new America isn't great like promised. It's political. Sad that. 

• Like 1

This is Cuomo we're talking about right? 

I don't believe anyone else has been mentioned in that regard.

What a person does in their non-office life should be left to them. Unless its a crime, or substantially affects their ability to do the job. So far he's been accused of much, but not convicted of anything, AFAIK.

I don't agree at all. If taking a position in the public limelight, then one must hold up to standards expected of that position by the public. If one doesn't care what the public think, they are not serving the public, which is the job description of all politicians. Ive said before, if I needed an operation and the surgeon was a creationist, I would refuse and ask for another surgeon. Background means a lot to performance. 

In this instance there have been several complaints. That suggests a risk to employees. Should another file a complaint after this warning, then those who kept him in that position must also stand as accomplices to crime.

The accusations should be investigated and he should be suspended pending the outcome. Add to this his incompetent decisions regarding nursing homes and it sounds more like good riddance to bad rubbish.

There's plenty ready to take his place. He shouldn't have the job by default but based on performance. 

This used to be Leftist stance, but now the Left cares more for appearances then actually protecting peoples privacy.

Aren't you arguing for just that here? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

What you don't realize is that you are still trying to defend Trump, while no one, liberals and liberal media included are defending Cuomo. 

Thats bull. Plenty of examples of people excusing Cuomo have been posted.

You truly don't see the difference here.  Some people know wrong is wrong, and refuse to defend it...and some people will defend a person, and even go as far as storming a government building to do so.  Cuomo is trash, and he should have resigned a month ago.  No one will argue that fact.  Liberal media has said he should resign...do you believe he should resign?  Do you believe Trump should have resigned when the Woodward tapes came out where Trump said he was downplaying the virus as to not cause a panic?  Or, are you holding him to a lesser standard?

I believe he should resign if a single instance is found guilty. Of anything. 

Conduct a trial. If Trump's found guilty, I'll condemn him the more. 

• Like 1

Ive read about 135,000 covid deaths are attributed to Trump. 

You seem to be of the opinion he should finish his term. As the evidence is quite direct he should be facing charges. 

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Quote possibly, bit entirely irrelevant.

I'd say not irrelevant. 90% of people knew what he was at the time... A womanizer, greedy businessman, slightly racist, connected all over, including the Russians, was known for his crazy deal making style...

Yet now we say he should have stepped down because of who he was? He was elected, and he finished his term, as he should have.

Indeed, I find it ridiculous and somewhat inhuman to put politics before people. The situation gets more coverage than the victim. There's something terribly wrong with that. This new America isn't great like promised. It's political. Sad that.

Well, there is no NEWS anymore, the whole of the internet is just entertainment now. There's no reporters, just people posting online opinions with a few facts dangled in.

The only thing I still trust is Science news articles. Even history articles are laced with politics these days. You know that the term Anglo-Saxon is now a hate word?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I don't believe anyone else has been mentioned in that regard.

Just checking. :tu:

I don't agree at all. If taking a position in the public limelight, then one must hold up to standards expected of that position by the public. If one doesn't care what the public think, they are not serving the public, which is the job description of all politicians. Ive said before, if I needed an operation and the surgeon was a creationist, I would refuse and ask for another surgeon. Background means a lot to performance. 

Aside from that being completely intolerant, and bigoted...

The equivalent would be if your Creationist is Accused of being a creationist, and accused by people who he had wronged. 

Do you convict on hearsay?

In this instance there have been several complaints. That suggests a risk to employees. Should another file a complaint after this warning, then those who kept him in that position must also stand as accomplices to crime.

The accusations should be investigated and he should be suspended pending the outcome. Add to this his incompetent decisions regarding nursing homes and it sounds more like good riddance to bad rubbish.

I won't argue that there should be no investigation. Indeed, open multiple investigations. If there's a perceived risk, put him on temporary leave.

But I can't agree to Forcing someone else to leave office due to accusations. Otherwise all someone would need to do to get someone with a 99% positive review in polls is one accusation of something drastic. Like rape, murder... or racism, in current environment.

There's lots of politicians I'd like to get rid of if this is how it's going to work now. A anonymous source.....

Edited by DieChecker

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ive read about 135,000 covid deaths are attributed to Trump. 

I could see that being the number of those using reason, rather then emotion. :tu:

You seem to be of the opinion he should finish his term. As the evidence is quite direct he should be facing charges.

I would not fault him for finishing his term. Unless he's found guilty of one of these crimes. As it is, I think he is a slug, and not worth stepping on. 

18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'd say not irrelevant. 90% of people knew what he was at the time... A womanizer, greedy businessman, slightly racist, connected all over, including the Russians, was known for his crazy deal making style...

Yet now we say he should have stepped down because of who he was? He was elected, and he finished his term, as he should have.

A lot of people don't agree and say he should have resigned. Personally, I think he got people on board by taking responsibility for his actions. Not at first granted but he eventually said he had a terrible lapse in judgement and made a bad decision.

However, he left office 20 years ago. Voter's seem to learn nothing over there. Now someone even worse spent four years in the big chair. It's backwards and the people only have themselves to blame. Why do creepy old men like that with a past keep getting in? People want a show not a leader and when they get it yet complain they have no leadership. 

18 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Well, there is no NEWS anymore, the whole of the internet is just entertainment now. There's no reporters, just people posting online opinions with a few facts dangled in.

The only thing I still trust is Science news articles. Even history articles are laced with politics these days. You know that the term Anglo-Saxon is now a hate word?

No I didn't. Doesn't surprise me though. The Dr Seuss thing was enough to do my head in. 

That's the fault of the people. Press meets demand. We don't all have to become mindless soapie junkies though. It's up to us. Look at the nutty nonsense bed and AT post. Very few people take notice of them and expect there's actually something if a real problem there. Why does that change for people in the public light, and doesn't that bring us back to square one, that a certain standard should get upheld when in the public light as an example?

Just checking. :tu:

Aside from that being completely intolerant, and bigoted...

The equivalent would be if your Creationist is Accused of being a creationist, and accused by people who he had wronged. 

Do you convict on hearsay?

If multiple people came forth stating very unorthodox ideologies, sure I would. 

What is intolerant and biggoted? 

I won't argue that there should be no investigation. Indeed, open multiple investigations. If there's a perceived risk, put him on temporary leave.

That's the exact current situation is it not? Except the leave bit. 

But I can't agree to Forcing someone else to leave office due to accusations. Otherwise all someone would need to do to get someone with a 99% positive review in polls is one accusation of something drastic. Like rape, murder... or racism, in current environment.

There's lots of politicians I'd like to get rid of if this is how it's going to work now. A anonymous source.....

Pending the investigation. 

There are multiple sources to investigate. I don't see how that's not enough to stand down in the meantime. 

It's a safety risk. If a live wire is on the ground you don't tell people to be careful around it. You have it disconnected and removed. 

13 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You've become too hateful for the left. 

No one is too hateful for the left.   They are all about hate.   

Now it's up to 6 accusers and the left leaning media is choosing to mostly ignor it.  

While Fox News addressed the new accuser shortly after the Times Union broke its story, CNN and MSNBC refrained from even mentioning Cuomo and his growing political woes through the rest of the day and primetime. 

Among those who chose to skip the latest Cuomo developments include CNN news anchors Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer, as well as MSNBC star Rachel Maddow, who has yet to even mention Cuomo over the past 10 weeks since his controversies began in late January, according to Grabien transcripts.

The three evening broadcast networks on ABC, CBS, and NBC also chose to avoid the embattled governor and his sixth accuser despite airing hours after her claims were made public. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc-abc-cbs-nbc-sixth-cuomo-accuser

• Like 1

11 hours ago, psyche101 said:

A lot of people don't agree and say he should have resigned. Personally, I think he got people on board by taking responsibility for his actions. Not at first granted but he eventually said he had a terrible lapse in judgement and made a bad decision.

Sure a lot of people disagree. They've been conditioned that the Court of Public Opinion should be obeyed. 

That's the fault of the people. Press meets demand. We don't all have to become mindless soapie junkies though. It's up to us. Look at the nutty nonsense bed and AT post. Very few people take notice of them and expect there's actually something if a real problem there. Why does that change for people in the public light, and doesn't that bring us back to square one, that a certain standard should get upheld when in the public light as an example?

I'd tend to agree. There should be some kind of better screening process thats hard wired into the system.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If multiple people came forth stating very unorthodox ideologies, sure I would. 

So, without real evidence, just on multiple hearsay?

I thought you were evidence based in your logic Psyche. You're starting to sound like a judgemental Christian in your view. :innocent:

What is intolerant and biggoted? 

You'd refuse a man to perform medical services on you based, not on evidence, but merely on his supposed religion. That is the act of a bigot my friend. Now, if there's evidence he's a quack....

Switch "creationist" for "Jew", or "Muslim" and see how well that flies. :devil:

That's the exact current situation is it not? Except the leave bit. 

Pending the investigation. 

There are multiple sources to investigate. I don't see how that's not enough to stand down in the meantime. 

I'd say theres a big difference in being put on temporary suspension while investigation is ongoing, and bring forced to quit based on accusations alone.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Now it's up to 6 accusers and the left leaning media is choosing to mostly ignor it.  

While Fox News addressed the new accuser shortly after the Times Union broke its story, CNN and MSNBC refrained from even mentioning Cuomo and his growing political woes through the rest of the day and primetime. 

Among those who chose to skip the latest Cuomo developments include CNN news anchors Jake Tapper and Wolf Blitzer, as well as MSNBC star Rachel Maddow, who has yet to even mention Cuomo over the past 10 weeks since his controversies began in late January, according to Grabien transcripts.

The three evening broadcast networks on ABC, CBS, and NBC also chose to avoid the embattled governor and his sixth accuser despite airing hours after her claims were made public. 

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-msnbc-abc-cbs-nbc-sixth-cuomo-accuser

There you go. Clear bias in coverage. On what even a leftist would call an obvious issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

There you go. Clear bias in coverage. On what even a leftist would call an obvious issue.

TBH there really are no News organizations anymore. Most are all political opinion shows, meant to sway public opinion towards their respective parties. And naturally they will not bring someone like Cuomo into the spotlight if he is going to make their party look bad. It is just the way it is now. And Trump didn't have the wisdom to keep his mouth shut so he continually fed their fire. And bias, isn't illegal.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

TBH there really are no News organizations anymore. Most are all political opinion shows, meant to sway public opinion towards their respective parties. And naturally they will not bring someone like Cuomo into the spotlight if he is going to make their party look bad. It is just the way it is now. And Trump didn't have the wisdom to keep his mouth shut so he continually fed their fire. And bias, isn't illegal.

That is true.    Although it allows people to point out their hypocrisy.   

It's sad because we see so many on the right defend Fox News and so many on the left defend CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC and the rest of the radical left wing news shows.  

• Like 1

Andrew Cuomo has a new scandal, and it's the 'structural safety' of a bridge named after his father

• The bridge named after New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's father has newly disclosed safety issues.

• A report from the Albany Times Union found that "structural issues" were known for years.

• Opened in 2017 at a cost of $3.9 billion, experts say the bridge could collapse.

• The Mario Cuomo Bridge, which replaced the rickety and heavily-trafficked Tappan Zee Bridge in 2017, has "structural safety" issues that could lead to its collapse, an Albany Times Union investigation found. Cuomo named the bridge after his father, who was New York's governor from 1983 to 1994.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/andrew-cuomo-scandal-structural-safety-161721530.html

17 hours ago, Myles said:

No one is too hateful for the left.   They are all about hate.   

You pick on girls. 

Nuff said. 

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Sure a lot of people disagree. They've been conditioned that the Court of Public Opinion should be obeyed. 

What's wrong with their reasoning? 

There's a standard expected. It wasn't upheld. Breach of contract abusing policy I would say. That's cause for dismissal anywhere civilised. 

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'd tend to agree. There should be some kind of better screening process thats hard wired into the system.

Removal of the people. This election has shown it's a privilege people abuse. 

• Like 1