Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2+2=5

Dreamer screamer

36 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

i don't get it...

Never question authority.

Let us take piers corbyn who questions authority all the time and is a scientist and so knows a thing or two based on scientific fact.    He said 2+2=4    If he was to be like his brother Jeremy corbyn and just accept the idea of 2+2=5, then he too would be a politician and not arrested all the time.

The chinese have a saying - the nail that sticks out the most is the one to always first to get hit.   2+2=4     If you don't want to be hit, 2+2=5

The lie is better and more easier to swallow than the truth. 

The student should have answered 5, saved his life, and kept clear of that school from then on! The authorities of that school had either all gone mad, or were only interested in exercising their own total authority over the students, at the expense of true facts.

An interesting tale for our times, in which too many people feel entitled to make up their own facts, deny the real ones, and react violently to those who oppose them. 

Edited by bison
added information
  • Thanks 1

Straight from Star Trek.

There are 4 lights, but Picard has to say 5 or else he will be tortured again.  What will he say?

Edited by TigerBright19

This post reminds me of a short film that’s based on this math problem. One of the students dared to question it. Right after, he was “silenced”. 

5 hours ago, bison said:

The student should have answered 5, saved his life, and kept clear of that school from then on! The authorities of that school had either all gone mad, or were only interested in exercising their own total authority over the students, at the expense of true facts.

An interesting tale for our times, in which too many people feel entitled to make up their own facts, deny the real ones, and react violently to those who oppose them. 

By the time they leave school, too late, entered the world of 2+2=5.  I know this for fact because we are in it now!!     The human race has been so lied too that trying to wake up from the woke generation that adores 2+2=5 and are so well protected by the government (school) we pretty much lost the plot.   Cancer is something that is a slow start and a strong finish. 

Is there a point, or is this a fait accompli post. What do you suggest? I suggest you forget all this crap and just live your life to the fullest. It's all you can do. No one is forcing you to live their reality. It doesn't do you any good to take on all this baggage, and just impedes you as you go through life. Truth.

12 hours ago, bison said:

True, and those who make up their own "facts" are unwilling to question them.  Makes for a very volatile situation.  The kid they carried out was better off than the slaves left at their desks...

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Is there a point, or is this a fait accompli post. What do you suggest? I suggest you forget all this crap and just live your life to the fullest. It's all you can do. No one is forcing you to live their reality. It doesn't do you any good to take on all this baggage, and just impedes you as you go through life. Truth.

:unsure2: I am trying to, but I can't leave my house because of a cold.

No one is forcing you to live their reality.

:devil:

You can't be serious. 

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, bison said:

With respect, I think you're missing the point of the film (the concept for which is presumably taken from George Orwell's "1984").

The film is metaphorical, as is every role in it.

- The school represents a nation.

- The principal (voice on the PA system) represents the leadership of the country which promulgates its own "truth" which is obviously false.

- The teacher represents the supporters of the leadership, who blithely goes along with this false "truth", either because he's happy to believe whatever the principal tells him to believe or because he knows it's the only way to keep his position of relative privilege.

- The three boys with the arm bands are the leadership's henchmen who follow orders and spout ideology without thinking about either.

- The students represent the population at large. They include: the rebel who backs down when threatened; the rebel who won't back down even at the cost of his life; those who try to get the rebels to stop because they're afraid it'll hurt others; and those who simply go along with what the leadership wants, although we don't necessarily know what they might think (apart from one at least who in his heart maintains a sense of rebellion).

The irony, of course, is that the film was made by a man who was born in a country where speaking against the views of the government is genuinely dangerous. There are vanishingly few people living in English-speaking countries who face oppression of that sort from their government. I seriously doubt any of the regular commenters on this forum would be in that group (but happy to be proven wrong).

• Like 1