Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The situation in the Netherlands

Abramelin

43 minutes ago, joc said:

So now the definition of Freedom is:   A mentally deranged person who seeks to kill others?

Are you on drugs?  

Another crafty conflation and a personal attack, lol! I've seen other posts by you, I expected better! 

Unless we are sovereign citizens most of us accept the curtailment of certain freedoms to ensure an orderly society. Most of us accept, for example, the wearing of seat-belts, a certain amount of gun control and the need for laws, and the enforcement of laws. We also respect attempts to provide health care and prophylactic health care- such as the prevention of the spread of diseases. Nothing to do with testosterone levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Another crafty conflation and a personal attack, lol! I've seen other posts by you, I expected better! 

Unless we are sovereign citizens most of us accept the curtailment of certain freedoms to ensure an orderly society. Most of us accept, for example, the wearing of seat-belts, a certain amount of gun control and the need for laws, and the enforcement of laws. We also respect attempts to provide health care and prophylactic health care- such as the prevention of the spread of diseases. Nothing to do with testosterone levels.

Can't have that, 2 different jurisdictions.

On 3/1/2021 at 12:55 PM, joc said:

Those numbers are skewed.  Every year we have a couple of million people die in the US for various reasons...it's not all that hard to 'accumulate' death numbers.  I know someone who was 90 that was in poor health and died in 2020.  Yep, you guessed it...Covid19 death.  Well, no...in reality he was going to die anyway.  

See it goes like this...you have a virus that is not all that deadly...but spreads very quickly...then you start blaming the virus for the deaths of everyone who tested positive for the virus.  It's easy to rack up fraudulent death claims.  Meanwhile they tell us...2020 had the lightest flu case history ever!  Oh wow...you think?  I don't think so.  

The data joc, the data!   Has the virus killed lots of people.  Just like the flu...if you are already weak you have a greater chance of getting really sick and dying.  I have watched this thing develop from the beginning...it reads like a bad B movie...where plot lines just don't make any sense. 

So, what I'm saying is...show me 500,000 autopsy reports that show for certain that the Covid 19 virus was primarily responsible and I'll just shut up.  You cannot because they do not exist.  Of course some do...most deaths are reported as Covid because they tested positive.

It is difficult to ascribe death definitely to Covid if there are underlaying pathologies. Here is an article from the BMJ on that very subject: What counts as a covid-19 death? | The BMJ

I personally don't know anyone who has died from cholera, typhus or diphtheria. I believe the diseases exist all the same. And someone with any other pre-existing medical condition can die from them, in fact are more likely to. That doesn't mean that people who work in the food industry should be free to make up their own minds about whether they need to was their hands after going for a dump. It may show they have 'testosterone' if they choose to ignore health advice, they may be asserting their freedom, they may deny the diseases really exist, but they are also being selfish. Just my view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 3/1/2021 at 2:43 PM, Dreamer screamer said:

:yes:   You'll never get it in a million years even if I spell it out to you.

Must be something like this:

link

Quote:

"Grey’s have a plan as they take planets; they simply let the locals destroy themselves via 5g psychotropic weapons, virus’s and technology like SCoPeX and many years when the locals are annihilated the slower colonizing ships show up and take the planet."

Not bad, eh?

Edited by Abramelin
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Must be something like this:

link

Quote:

"Grey’s have a plan as they take planets; they simply let the locals destroy themselves via 5g psychotropic weapons, virus’s and technology like SCoPeX and many years when the locals are annihilated the slower colonizing ships show up and take the planet."

Not bad, eh?

Not bad. 

Grey's are the drone workers, so who do they take orders from??:unsure2:      Can't type about this here as you know people hate going off topic...;)

Whatever your socalled secret is, it can't be anything sophisticated, considering your history on this site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Dutch were protesting a few things. Why has nobody mentioned the welfare scandal? The government resigned to force an election over the way they mishandled welfare payments.The lockdowns have compounded things but it's not all covid. Plus the Dutch have a different philosophy, more akin to live and let live. Covid is very real and is deadly if you're over 70 with an underlying health condition, else it has a statistically negligible impact well below flu. They know this. So why shut society down in some social and completly unscientific experiment? No wonder they are protesting. 

• Thanks 2

Those who choose liberty over safety, they just want people to die... wait, was that the way that quote went? Something seems wrong...

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ted hughes said:

That doesn't mean that people who work in the food industry should be free to make up their own minds about whether they need to was their hands after going for a dump. It may show they have 'testosterone' if they choose to ignore health advice, they may be asserting their freedom, they may deny the diseases really exist, but they are also being selfish. Just my view.

My view is that nothing in the above paragraph has a damn thing to do with Covid 19.  Stop comparing Oranges to Coconuts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ted hughes said:

There is no law regarding mask wearing.  Quit whining!

• Like 1

An explosion outside a coronavirus testing centre close to the Dutch capital of Amsterdam appears to have been intentional, police have said.

The blast in the town of Bovenkarspel, north of the capital, happened at 6.55am before the centre opened and caused no injuries.

The explosive "must have been placed" there, a police spokesman said.

Windows were shattered in the blast and the metal remains of the explosive were found at the front of the building.

Sky news report at MSN

• Sad 5

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

An explosion outside a coronavirus testing centre close to the Dutch capital of Amsterdam appears to have been intentional, police have said.

The blast in the town of Bovenkarspel, north of the capital, happened at 6.55am before the centre opened and caused no injuries.

The explosive "must have been placed" there, a police spokesman said.

Windows were shattered in the blast and the metal remains of the explosive were found at the front of the building.

Sky news report at MSN

Crazy **** :no:

• Like 3

And now according to the latest updates the cases of Covid in the Netherlands jumped to 31,384 between Feb 24th and March 3rd. https://www.iamexpat.nl/expat-info/dutch-expat-news/weekly-coronavirus-update-31984-new-cases-309-deaths

On 3/2/2021 at 3:46 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

Those who choose liberty over safety, they just want people to die... wait, was that the way that quote went? Something seems wrong...

Yeah, I think it was something like:  Give me Liberty or give me Death.

The King says wear a mask...I say wipe your butts with the mask and start living again...Trump is gone.  Ya'll got that one...hardly the end.  Freedom will never die...and you can't kill it with a pandemic.  And there isn't a pandemic.  1918....now THAT was a pandemic.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, ted hughes said:

Covid deniers, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers irritate me immensely. It's not that big a deal to forego partying until things are under control

Well, Ted, lots of things irritate me but I don't take my reaction to others as license to force them to give up any of their freedoms in an attempt to satisfy my outlook.  

My intent in mentioning the global influenza pandemic was not about comparing the two viruses.  It was to compare how governments used authority to force compliance and to compare how radical the control is for 2 million dead versus 50 million.  It is foolish to compare Covid to H1N1 from 1918.  THAT was a scourge worthy of scaring the hell out of people in an attempt to save lives.  

Anyway, the state of TX is about to become a large test case that should help clear up misconceptions by one side or the other.  Why don't we just cool our heels for awhile and let the data be gathered.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:55 AM, keithisco said:

The vast majority of adults thinking like adults, know these restrictions will end but only if the Man/Woman Babies also toe the line.

Bud... that kind of disagreement is what happens when free people start facing restrictions that they are told will be temporary, and that vaccines will solve, THEN the same experts say the restrictions must continue even after the vaccination is widespread.  I'm not an anti-vaxxer nor do I think Covid is a hoax.  I'm strictly talking about the reactions free people will engage in, just from the nature of BEING free people.  That's not something that will be changed by force, or a system of sanctions or punishments.  Maybe if those who are making these demands would pick one strategy and stay with it without contradictions, they'd find people in more of a compliant mood.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Eldorado said:

I'm glad no one was killed.  It will be interesting to see how law enforcement approaches this violent protest.  

On 3/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, ted hughes said:

Covid deniers, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers irritate me immensely.

:passifier:  whaaaa,  whaaaa, whaaaaaaaa

Mommy...wooky...wook at da covid deniers Mommy....Mooooommmmmy....is dat another anti-vaxer?  Do they want everybody to die Mommy?:cry: :passifier:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joc said:

:passifier:  whaaaa,  whaaaa, whaaaaaaaa

Mommy...wooky...wook at da covid deniers Mommy....Mooooommmmmy....is dat another anti-vaxer?  Do they want everybody to die Mommy?:cry: :passifier:

What about the sooks to scared to take a shot? Ohhh a needle, I'm scared........ it might hurt my widdle armsy.... Could they be any wimpier or bigger sooks? It'd be hard to beat I reckon. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What about the sooks to scared to take a shot? Ohhh a needle, I'm scared........ it might hurt my widdle armsy.... Could they be any wimpier or bigger sooks? It'd be hard to beat I reckon. 

Or the “brave lions” al, saying “I’m not wearing a mask, I don’t care if I die or lead to others dying”. My heroes. “My freedom is more important than your health”. So brave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

Or the “brave lions” al, saying “I’m not wearing a mask, I don’t care if I die or lead to others dying”. My heroes. “My freedom is more important than your health”. So brave.

Brave is one word one might use.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

Yeah, I think it was something like:  Give me Liberty or give me Death.

The King says wear a mask...I say wipe your butts with the mask and start living again...Trump is gone.  Ya'll got that one...hardly the end.  Freedom will never die...and you can't kill it with a pandemic.  And there isn't a pandemic.  1918....now THAT was a pandemic.  

Quite. They should have worn masks:

A later study found that measures such as banning mass gatherings and requiring the wearing of face masks could cut the death rate up to 50 percent, but this was dependent on their being imposed early in the outbreak and not being lifted prematurely. 

(Bootsma MC, Ferguson NM (May 2007). "The effect of public health measures on the 1918 influenza pandemic in U.S. cities". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America.)

Edited by ted hughes
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Quite. They should have worn masks:

Teddy...you are speaking out of your posterior orifice.    Your citing hindsight.  In the actual pandemic of 1918...it was the mutated second wave of the virus that killed so many people.   But...and I'm educating...that isn't what killed so many people.

What killed so many people Teddy...was a medical community missing the cause of transmission.  They thought it was linked to water...something in the water.  So, do you know what the modus operandi of the time was?  Boil the freaking water.  Got to boil the water...don't drink any water without boiling it.  And guess what else Teddy...people continued to die in large numbers because the masses were doing what they were told...boil the damn water!

So...your hindsight smells like a fart.   A fart in the wind Teddy...waft it!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ted hughes said:

There is in the UK, I imagine other countries have also made face coverings mandatory (with certain exceptions):The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings in a Relevant Place) (England) Regulations 2020 (legislation.gov.uk)

I live in the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE.  That's right my friend...I live in ....TEXAS!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, joc said:

Teddy...you are speaking out of your posterior orifice.    Your citing hindsight.  In the actual pandemic of 1918...it was the mutated second wave of the virus that killed so many people.   But...and I'm educating...that isn't what killed so many people.

What killed so many people Teddy...was a medical community missing the cause of transmission.  They thought it was linked to water...something in the water.  So, do you know what the modus operandi of the time was?  Boil the freaking water.  Got to boil the water...don't drink any water without boiling it.  And guess what else Teddy...people continued to die in large numbers because the masses were doing what they were told...boil the damn water!

So...your hindsight smells like a fart.   A fart in the wind Teddy...waft it!

They knew at the time it was flu, and that it was a  respiratory infection:

During the 1918 influenza pandemic, masks became the go-to means of stopping the spread of infection to the public. Masks became mandatory in San Francisco in September of 1918, and those who didn’t comply faced fines, imprisonment and the threat of having their names printed in newspapers as “mask slackers.” 5 Hard-Earned Lessons from Pandemics of the Past - HISTORY

Edited by ted hughes
  • Thanks 1