Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flytipper caught after leaving name & address

Still Waters

A flytipper was caught and fined after including documents with his address on in the rubbish that he dumped.

Abishek Ravindran-Vaidyaingham, 36, was prosecuted after fly-tipping a mound of rubbish including baby clothes, garden items - including a trampoline - plastics and black bin bags of household waste.

The fly-tip, which was found in Little Stoke, Gloucestershire, in February last year was reported to South Gloucestershire Council.

The 36-year-old, of Wood Street, Patchway, later admitted responsibility for the fly-tip and cleared the waste himself.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/flytipper-caught-documents-name-address-191812792.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Abishek Ravindran-Vaidyaingham, 36, was prosecuted after fly-tipping a mound of rubbish including baby clothes, garden items - including a trampoline - plastics and black bin bags of household waste.

Can't even get into these council waste sites now as easily as you could before this covid scam.   What are people supposed to do???   Like trying to hold your pants up when you can't find a toilet, you are going to just empty the contents any where.  

• Sad 2

Oh! "fly-tip" means "dump"?   That headline was so confusing.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh! "fly-tip" means "dump"?

Illegal dumping, as in tipping on-the-fly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, acute said:

Illegal dumping, as in tipping on-the-fly.

Ahh, ok.   I would have never figured out how it came to be called fly tipping.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ahh, ok.   I would have never figured out how it came to be called fly tipping.   

In America they have cow tipping, and that is literally tipping cows over.   With fly tipping, you do have to scratch your head if you don't understand the term.  

• Like 1

Well, me not knowing what a "Fly tipper" is, reading the title of this thread, I thought it was some kinda pervert lol.
Anyway, now I know it's a person that deliberately dumps rubbish in an unauthorized place. Thanks for the slang English lesson Still Waters :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Well, me not knowing what a "Fly tipper" is, reading the title of this thread, I thought it was some kinda pervert lol.
Anyway, now I know it's a person that deliberately dumps rubbish in an unauthorized place. Thanks for the slang English lesson Still Waters :)

Here is how big a problem it can be in the UK: Fly-tippers turn estate into rubbish dump with skips overflowing | Daily Mail Online

Edited by ted hughes
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Wow, that's really sad. So what's the deal with this problem ? Why is it happening ? I would think you guys in the U.K. have regular garbage pick ups and depots you can drop off garbage, small and big pieces of waste and stuff. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Wow, that's really sad. So what's the deal with this problem ? Why is it happening ? I would think you guys in the U.K. have regular garbage pick ups and depots you can drop off garbage, small and big pieces of waste and stuff. 

It's cheaper to dump stuff. A van might be charged £5 to £40 to take a load to a council dump, when driving to a park and chucking everything out at night is free.

In that particular estate, it looks like the people without cars or vans just throw stuff outside their doors. They are very unlikely to be prosecuted, who could prove who was responsible?

It would be very expensive for the council to pay workers to make ad hoc trips to collect big items.

A problem is, it is contagious. Once people see a pile of trash, they add theirs to it, thinking it doesn't make much difference.

It can't help with people's mental health living in estates like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ted hughes said:

It's cheaper to dump stuff. A van might be charged £5 to £40 to take a load to a council dump, when driving to a park and chucking everything out at night is free.

In that particular estate, it looks like the people without cars or vans just throw stuff outside their doors. They are very unlikely to be prosecuted, who could prove who was responsible?

It would be very expensive for the council to pay workers to make ad hoc trips to collect big items.

A problem is, it is contagious. Once people see a pile of trash, they add theirs to it, thinking it doesn't make much difference.

Gotcha. That's too bad. I live in a small town. I bet this is happening in bigger cities here as well. Now I think of it, I do remember seeing garbage bags around donation bins sometimes. Kinda the same thing. Illegal dumping of waste. It's a shame. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ted hughes said:

Why is there no garbage pick up?  I don't know any city that doesn't have garbage pickup once a week.   In rural areas you do have to pay someone to pick it up if you live outside city or town limits but inside a subdivision?  that sounds like something wrong to begin with, before people just throw trash out their door.

• Like 1