Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wormwood Comet just hit us

Holyspirit

4 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm not gay so maybe I get a lighter sentence ? :no: 

You say that now, but once you get to hell....

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The whole premise of Revelation doesn't make any sense. If we assume that the anti christ have read Revelation he allready know that he will lose in the end, so why even bother ?

You know, that puzzled me for a long time as well.  Think about it this way... Satan was an angelic being who began to think more of his own beauty and pride than of the God who gave him all that beauty.  He then decided he was as worthy of worship as the Creator.  No need to rehash the whole tale but the AC isn't Satan and SATAN is NOT some negative analog of God.  He is just a created being like the rest of us.  The AC will just be a man who is used to accomplish Satan's plan.  He likely won't even know he has been chosen for that role.  In his pride and arrogance, he'll think he's doing all this miraculous stuff on his own.

Now... think about yourself and your belief about God.  Is there any kind of rhetoric or appeal or plea that would cause you to believe in God?  Most unbelievers would say no.  I happen to believe that this is a manifestation of the same kind of pride that Satan and the AC will demonstrate.  I'm not judging, I'm simply trying to explain why it isn't difficult to imagine that these uber-prideful intellects would see scripture and mock it even when it was unfolding in total accuracy.  

Billions will be like that.  They simply will not ever believe.  I don't hate them or just shrug and say, oh well, too bad, so sad.  But what can I do?  What can ANY believer do other than pass on the message and then try to do whatever is possible to follow Christ's teachings about helping with the physical needs of all people?  One can despise the behavior of a person and still have compassion for their plight.  Ultimately, every person has their own choice to make.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:51 PM, onlookerofmayhem said:

Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy, eh?

Well... there is that whole, "summoning a space body" to crash into the planet at just the right time, snag.  I'm sure that just like the rest of the mockery, when the devastation occurs and people who survive it begin to believe the prophecy was correct, after all, there will be millions like yourself who will have an excuse for why it COULDN'T POSSIBLY be some imaginary God.

Maybe that's the reason we're told that when Christ appears all the people on earth will "MOURN".  I think that will be because they can no longer deny His existence or expect His mercy after rejecting Him over and over.

Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

All us non believers and all manner of god deniers do. We are the wretched children of Satan and the anti-christ. We are the natural born doomed. 

Well that's the picture I see painted.

Then, sadly, you are only seeing what you choose to see in the world.

• Like 1

I hate the fact that people believe Satan is real.  I just don’t get how that even makes any sense whatsoever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joc said:

The premise of Revelation makes total sense.  You just have to keep in mind it was written by a guy that, before he was exiled to the Island of Patmos,  lived in the wilderness and ate locust and wild honey.  Those were the good old days, and by god we liked it that way!

Just a head's up for the future.  You're getting your "Johns" confused.  The guy who went around eating locusts and wearing a hair coat was John the Baptist.  He was the one who came at roughly the same time as Jesus, just ahead of Him in fact.  He was the guy who got beheaded by King Herod because he called the king out for adultery with his brother's wife.

The John of the book of Revelation was a disciple of Christ and the last living disciple.  How he got sent to Patmos rather than just cutting his head off is weird.  They tended to be quicker to just kill the problem ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I hate the fact that people believe Satan is real.  I just don’t get how that even makes any sense whatsoever.

Even more odd, some people worship him and seek his presence. Sometimes knowingly. Sometimes not.

Edited by Will Do

2 hours ago, and then said:
2 hours ago, and then said:

You know, that puzzled me for a long time as well.  Think about it this way... Satan was an angelic being who began to think more of his own beauty and pride than of the God who gave him all that beauty.  He then decided he was as worthy of worship as the Creator.  No need to rehash the whole tale but the AC isn't Satan and SATAN is NOT some negative analog of God.  He is just a created being like the rest of us.  The AC will just be a man who is used to accomplish Satan's plan.  He likely won't even know he has been chosen for that role.  In his pride and arrogance, he'll think he's doing all this miraculous stuff on his own.

Now... think about yourself and your belief about God.  Is there any kind of rhetoric or appeal or plea that would cause you to believe in God?  Most unbelievers would say no.  I happen to believe that this is a manifestation of the same kind of pride that Satan and the AC will demonstrate.  I'm not judging, I'm simply trying to explain why it isn't difficult to imagine that these uber-prideful intellects would see scripture and mock it even when it was unfolding in total accuracy.  

Billions will be like that.  They simply will not ever believe.  I don't hate them or just shrug and say, oh well, too bad, so sad.  But what can I do?  What can ANY believer do other than pass on the message and then try to do whatever is possible to follow Christ's teachings about helping with the physical needs of all people?  One can despise the behavior of a person and still have compassion for their plight.  Ultimately, every person has their own choice to make.

What does this mean? How can scripture be "accurate". Parts of it were written, I understand, about two thousand years ago, and has been added to over the centuries by people with no knowledge of modern science. It has been modified over the centuries by various faiths and denominations, so that Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe exactly what Mormons believe, and the Quran isn't exactly the same as the Christian bible, and Catholics have a slightly different understanding from Pentecostals, for example, so how can you judge what part of scripture is "accurate"? Asking for a friend.

• Like 5

I always had apocalyptic dreams since I was a child and not even religious. Now I feel further more that something is going to happen. 

I think the fire won't be a meteorite but atomic bombs unleashed by all the powers, war with China, Russia and Iran is about to start and its rage and power world be devastating. 

5 hours ago, and then said:

Then, sadly, you are only seeing what you choose to see in the world.

That's what I see when it comes to Christianity.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Same goes for God and space jesus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I think the fire won't be a meteorite but atomic bombs unleashed by all the powers, war with China, Russia and Iran is about to start and its rage and power world be devastating.

Yeah, there won't be a nuclear war.

9 hours ago, and then said:

I don't believe that Revelation is a description of real events. Other religions have different versions of the end of the world and they would claim that theirs is the right one. How do I know which one, if any, is correct ?

The tribulation have been "right around the corner" for almost 2000 years, why should this time be different ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, and then said:

The John of the book of Revelation was a disciple of Christ and the last living disciple.  How he got sent to Patmos rather than just cutting his head off is weird.  They tended to be quicker to just kill the problem ;) 

Probably not. The Gospel and Revelations are 2 completely different writing styles. As for his punishment. There is nothing weird.  It was common for his "crimes". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Same goes for God and space jesus.

I’ll leave the door open for God.  He can walk in any time he wants and tell me if I’m doing right or wrong, and I would welcome it.  Till then, I do as pleases me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guyver said:

I’ll leave the door open for God.  He can walk in any time he wants and tell me if I’m doing right or wrong, and I would welcome it.  Till then, I do as pleases me.

Tricky thing about that. How would we know that is The God? Might not be. 

On 3/8/2021 at 3:23 AM, and then said:

Hey, a guy gets busy sometimes :)   See post 99.  Hopefully, it explains my beliefs a little more clearly.  I don't expect it to influence anyone here and I'm perfectly okay with that.  

Don't worry, people be busy. I was too.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:20 AM, and then said:

I don't think ANYONE should have to suffer like that.  I also don't understand why such punishment would be "just" or how it would help to any greater extent than just allowing rebellious people to perish. I think THAT would be justice if they are actively working against a plan that WOULD take away the misery and injustice of our planet.

But, I am not God and I don't get to tell Him I refuse to believe simply because I don't understand.  Contrary to popular opinion, the God of the bible does NOT tell people to go out and make disciples OR kill them if they refuse.  THAT, to me, is the biggest disconnect between those who choose faith and those who reject it.  I believe the first group accept that they don't understand the whole plan and are willing to wait on the answers while those in the last category have rejected any possibility that they might be wrong.  Frankly, as many here can attest, I'M NOT that smart.  I also never CLAIM TO BE.  I happen to believe that there IS a Creator and that it is much more likely that His message and plan, when it is fully revealed, isn't going to unfold as many of the faithful have assumed.  TBH, I think most will be, err, Gobsmacked by it ;) 

So your answer is to shrug your shoulders and say you don't understand god's plan and are not meant to. Alright then. Plus for someone who claims that you don't understand his plan and many faithful will be "gobsmacked" when the End Times arrive, you sure talk about it a lot and with a lot of confidence.

You say the people who aren't you "reject any possibility that they are wrong"....but do YOU entertain the possibility that YOU might be wrong about this? I'm not even talking about the existence of god, just about the Revelation of John maybe, perhaps, not being ana count of the End Times. Do you entertain the possibility of that, or do you reject the idea that you might be wrong?

• Like 5