Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weird sun dream, anybody know what it means?

Orphalesion

So, I know with Covid most of us have very vivid dreams right now, but the dream I had last night was very out of the norm for me, due to the weird imagery.

I was standing in the entrance hall of a modern office building, The wall to the outside was all glass and with several doors where people walked in and out. Right outside was a concrete-covered plaza with people on it and it was bright day.

Then suddenly the people outside started to look up at the sky, pointing at it and gasping and whispering. I walked outside and noticed, that even though it was still bright day the sky was pitch black. I looked up and saw that the sun had turned bright green and I said out loud "The sun's green!" The weird thing through, is that the sun looked like a (still bright green) full moon, with crater markings and everything. Far of in the distance, along a mountain range on the horizon bright purple columns of energy started to appear, spanning from earth to sky, kinda looking like glowing whirlwinds.

And I was thinking "well either this is just a weird eclipse, or something bad is gonna happen, but in any case we will know in a few minutes" I started a "prayer"  I often use in real life when I feel scared, and felt myself carried back towards the building.

Then I woke up.

Kinda weird, I'm just a bit perplexed by the sun/moon imagery.

• Like 4

If you believe that dreams can foretell future, then this dream looks like it means that you'll experience sudden and stressful, maybe even scary change in your life. But there won't be any real, physical danger for you. You'll start seeing some things/people in surprisingly new light. So it will be a change in your perception, opinion, attitude. You'll start seeing something very differently because you'll have good reasons for that and you won't be willing to stick to the old view just because it was somehow the only one possible until recently.  

If you don't believe that dreams can foretell future, then this dream looks like it means the same, only it doesn't foretells, it defines through imagery what your subconscious expectations are :D   

Now your interpretation. The dreamer always knows better than any other interpreter. 

What do sun and moon symbolize for you? What colour purple stands for in your inner colour vocabulary? (I'd say it may mean balance in your dream, these are your new, balanced, personal energy pillars that support your new, inner, personal sky for example, but that's just an example, only you can tell.)

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

On 3/2/2021 at 7:21 PM, Helen of Annoy said:

If you believe that dreams can foretell future, then this dream looks like it means that you'll experience sudden and stressful, maybe even scary change in your life. But there won't be any real, physical danger for you. You'll start seeing some things/people in surprisingly new light. So it will be a change in your perception, opinion, attitude. You'll start seeing something very differently because you'll have good reasons for that and you won't be willing to stick to the old view just because it was somehow the only one possible until recently.  

If you don't believe that dreams can foretell future, then this dream looks like it means the same, only it doesn't foretells, it defines through imagery what your subconscious expectations are :D   

Now your interpretation. The dreamer always knows better than any other interpreter. 

What do sun and moon symbolize for you? What colour purple stands for in your inner colour vocabulary? (I'd say it may mean balance in your dream, these are your new, balanced, personal energy pillars that support your new, inner, personal sky for example, but that's just an example, only you can tell.)

I had to think a while about this.

Well I do believe it's possible that dreams can predict your personal future. The weird thing is I was really calm in the dream even as I was thinking that something bad might happen. I was a bit scared but mostly I had this "peaceful "come what may come and then we'll deal with it" attitude. At the same time the whole thing was kinda exciting, because it's not something that happens all the time.
Purple is my favourite colour, so I associate many good things with it lilacs and violets are some of my favourite flowers and so I associate it with spring time, new beginnings. Green is my other favourite colour, so I feel positive towards it as well, summer, nature, hope (I think it's in German were people say "Green is Hope", I think)

I don't know if I have strong associations with the sun itself. I mean I like sunlight, but I have a lot more associations with the moon. I find the moon and night time very inspiring and romantic and creative. Magical. I think in the dream I thought the pillars were sort of harbingers of whatever was coming.

So for all I know I just dreamed that Spring was coming :P But I like the idea that the dream was about a forthcoming change and mental growth I always like change ^_^

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is more to the universe then we see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2021 at 7:44 AM, MissJatti said:

I believe there is more to the universe then we see.

I certainly hope so :tu:

• Like 3

On 3/18/2021 at 12:58 AM, the13bats said:

I certainly hope so :tu:

Look at the time when Missjatti posted. 4:44 AM. A cool synchronicity.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 2:15 AM, Normandy888 said:

Look at the time when Missjatti posted. 4:44 AM. A cool synchronicity.

It says 12:44 PM where I live.