Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Lizzy1957

Help me understand please

Lizzy1957

I see pic all the time ...i am NOT asleep...its just like showing me a pic then its gone ...sometimes it people i do not know ...or even a simple thing like a book that is red...or like yesterday...a black crow with black bag with handle around its neck but it had yellow ribbons on each end where the handle starts and ends ...WHY  I am NOT dreaming I am awake ...I am relaxed...my eyes are closed...and all of a sudden a pic appears ...and I think where did that come from and what does it mean ...I have been seeing these pics for some years now but they have NEVER EVER made any sense to me ..

moonman

Beyond guessing that your brain and eyes are teaming up to mess with you, you aren't going to get a real answer as no one could possibly know what exactly is going on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ChrLzs

You are not alone.  Mine are generally in greyscale, mostly dark-ish and a bit ill-defined and I seem to have control of them, to some extent.  I'm pretty sure it's just your optical neurones firing when they are deprived of stimulus - they're bored... :D

As an aside, I have reported here before that I once tested myself by deliberately not sleeping for a very long time.. after about 22 hours, I began to hallucinate - and those things were much more real and colorful... but equally all in my head.

If you are concerned about them, see a gp.

• Like 4

the13bats

I was thinking minds eye, the brain shows us pix its something it does,

Some folks will try to assign meaning to it.

• Like 3

Sojo
10 hours ago, Lizzy1957 said:

I see pic all the time ...i am NOT asleep...its just like showing me a pic then its gone ...sometimes it people i do not know ...or even a simple thing like a book that is red...or like yesterday...a black crow with black bag with handle around its neck but it had yellow ribbons on each end where the handle starts and ends ...WHY  I am NOT dreaming I am awake ...I am relaxed...my eyes are closed...and all of a sudden a pic appears ...and I think where did that come from and what does it mean ...I have been seeing these pics for some years now but they have NEVER EVER made any sense to me ..

Hi Lizzy1957,

Sometimes it helps to know that you're not alone. I too have had instances like this where I'm awake with my eyes closed and then an image quickly flashes somehow into my vision (even thought my eyes are closed). It is very brief and over in an instant, but it is also very real and I know that I have seen it to the point of being able to identify the object, person,or scene. Perhaps it's the same mechanism that allows us to "see" things in our dreams. I've often wonderd by what "light" do we see in our dreams. I don't know what causes it, nor am I able to ascribe any significant meaning to it. I guess it's just one of those Unexplained Mysteries.

Regards,

Sojo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xeno-Fish
18 hours ago, Lizzy1957 said:

my eyes are closed...and all of a sudden a pic appears

Could be a mental image produced by your subconscious. Why the randomness is unknown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the13bats
11 hours ago, Sojo said:

. I've often wonderd by what "light" do we see in our dreams

The optic nerve can cause things in another related thread joc was talking about when he was a kid he would put light pressure on his eyes then when removed would see a show,

blind people still "see" pictures lights etc in their minds eye,

Ive also seen people try to say they "saw" this or that as a premonition of a future event but in every case they do not make claims until after the event so nothing to back up the claim they saw it before hand.

• Like 1

Mr Walker
On 3/3/2021 at 1:35 PM, Lizzy1957 said:

Unless you suffer from  aphantasia, this sounds completely ordinary, and usual, to me.

Ie 95% of humans think,  at least in part,  in mental images