Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ted hughes

Terrorist Attack in Sweden

29 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

ted hughes
Posted (edited)

Eight people have been injured in a suspected terrorist stabbings in Sweden.

Police said a man in his 20s launched the attack just before 3pm on Wednesday in Vetlanda, a small town in the country's south. 

The attacker was shot in the leg by officers and has been taken to hospital where he is receiving treatment under armed guard. 

Eight people are injured after 'terrorist' stabbing in Sweden, police say  | Daily Mail Online

Edited by ted hughes
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

I can't understand how these criminally insane people are able to attack EIGHT victims before they are stopped.  I realize firearms  aren't in vogue in Europe but how about some old school tactics for sharing the pain?

image.jpeg.807a7329e0494763e981dd2690b0afc7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
32 minutes ago, and then said:

I can't understand how these criminally insane people are able to attack EIGHT victims before they are stopped.  I realize firearms  aren't in vogue in Europe but how about some old school tactics for sharing the pain?

image.jpeg.807a7329e0494763e981dd2690b0afc7.jpeg

How can even more people be killed (not just injured) in the USA where everyone is packing a six-gun and primed to fire it at a moment's notice?

The reality is that in any such situation, people do not react instantly, with bravado, tacking a criminal without regard for their own life, we might hope we ourselves would.    Not everyone is James Bond or The Rock.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trelane

Wait, they have not questioned the attacker and yet assume it's terrorist related? Must be pretty agile to make that leap in assumption without facts.

I mean what if he's just not happy about the Mr. Potato Head Fiasco?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
37 minutes ago, Essan said:

How can even more people be killed (not just injured) in the USA where everyone is packing a six-gun and primed to fire it at a moment's notice?

Are you high?  Hardly anyone in America walks around with a gun.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
34 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Wait, they have not questioned the attacker and yet assume it's terrorist related? Must be pretty agile to make that leap in assumption without facts.

I mean what if he's just not happy about the Mr. Potato Head Fiasco?

The definition of a terrorist is continually getting looser because it's a scary word and people will surrender rights to stop terrorists.  Not so much for insane people.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The definition of a terrorist is continually getting looser because it's a scary word and people will surrender rights to stop terrorists.  Not so much for insane people.

No, the definition is still the same.

As we previously established, you personally have just been using a different one to the rest of the English speaking population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Setton said:

No, the definition is still the same.

As we previously established, you personally have just been using a different one to the rest of the English speaking population.

No.  As we previously established mine fit the one in the dictionary.  A mentally unbalanced person randomly stabbing people while walking down the street is not a terrorist.

 

edit:

Quote

the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion. 2 : violent and intimidating gang activity street terrorism.

 

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Autochthon1990

Well it's a horrible event, but nobody's dead. This whole affair could have been much worse, and my hat goes off to the law enforcement officer who managed to subdue the man non-lethally. We can get a handle on why he did it, if there's anybody working with him, and if he's insane, get him the help he needs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedutchiedutch

It certainly is horrible. Let's hope all victims will recover 100%. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ted hughes
7 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Well it's a horrible event, but nobody's dead. This whole affair could have been much worse, and my hat goes off to the law enforcement officer who managed to subdue the man non-lethally. We can get a handle on why he did it, if there's anybody working with him, and if he's insane, get him the help he needs. 

Well, he wouldn't have shot him intending just to subdue him, that's for sure. Imagine having to deal with an angry terrorist, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
9 hours ago, Essan said:

How can even more people be killed (not just injured) in the USA where everyone is packing a six-gun and primed to fire it at a moment's notice?

Friend, you have every right to speak your mind about what you believe but that statement really IS ridiculous.  You aptly described the attitudes of inner-city gang bangers but they hardly make up the majority of gun owners in the U.S.  I've carried a side arm for many years and have only found myself seriously considering drawing that weapon because of a threat...ONCE.  That's right... ONE TIME.  Even then, I refrained because the threat passed without needing to be dealt with forcibly.  Oh... and BTW, very few Americans carry wheel guns these days.  A "six gun" is a revolver and is great as a back-up weapon but for real threats there are MUCH better and more potent choices.

I find it odd that you'd seem offended that I suggested citizens there have SOME capacity to resist those who would kill them if they could.  If these knife-wielding animals got hit across the arm or up side his head with that SAP, fewer injuries to innocent people would have been the result.  I wasn't advocating that anyone shoot the nutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
On 3/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, OverSword said:

No.  As we previously established mine fit the one in the dictionary.  A mentally unbalanced person randomly stabbing people while walking down the street is not a terrorist

Aw, nice of you to only include the part of the definition that vaguely supports your stance.

Here's the full one: 

Quote

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims

You'll notice, again, that it makes no reference to being part of a group, despite your consistent claims to the contrary (provided the terrorist is white and/right wing).

I'm surprised someone so smart has to resort to such a cheap trick as selective quoting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
On 3/3/2021 at 5:55 PM, OverSword said:

Are you high?  Hardly anyone in America walks around with a gun.

For real, people in europe think we all walk around with guns :lol: lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
21 minutes ago, Setton said:

Aw, nice of you to only include the part of the definition that vaguely supports your stance.

Here's the full one: 

You'll notice, again, that it makes no reference to being part of a group, despite your consistent claims to the contrary (provided the terrorist is white and/right wing).

I'm surprised someone so smart has to resort to such a cheap trick as selective quoting.

So this guy was stabbing random people trying to force his political views on us?  Where do you get that from?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

So this guy was stabbing random people trying to force his political views on us?  Where do you get that from?

Firstly, look up the word 'suspected' from the OP.

Secondly, look up 'terrorism'. Nothing too detailed, you can just look under 'tactics' on the Wikipedia page if you like.

Thirdly you should look up 'The management of savagery' (just wiki I suggest) and understand how these kind of attacks can support a group's larger strategy.

And finally, we should all look at the words 'Daily Mail' in the OP. More reputable sources are describing it as 'attempted murder' but a terrorism motive 'has not been ruled out'. 

Making our entire discussion most likely theoretical but still worth having.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 minutes ago, Setton said:

Firstly, look up the word 'suspected' from the OP.

Secondly, look up 'terrorism'. Nothing too detailed, you can just look under 'tactics' on the Wikipedia page if you like.

Thirdly you should look up 'The management of savagery' (just wiki I suggest) and understand how these kind of attacks can support a group's larger strategy.

And finally, we should all look at the words 'Daily Mail' in the OP. More reputable sources are describing it as 'attempted murder' but a terrorism motive 'has not been ruled out'. 

Making our entire discussion most likely theoretical but still worth having.

If there is no proof, other that and I'm guessing the real reason they suspect terrorism, that the guy is a Muslim, then I say nutter and not terror.  Even if he was doing it in the name of Jihad that doesn't make him a legitimate terrorist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If there is no proof, other that and I'm guessing the real reason they suspect terrorism, that the guy is a Muslim, then I say nutter and not terror. 

In this case, I lean to agree. However...

Quote

Even if he was doing it in the name of Jihad that doesn't make him a legitimate terrorist.

YES IT DOES!

Please, please, please read those 3 suggestions.

You might have already decided you can't learn anything from me but, unless you think you already know everything, you could learn something there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Setton said:

Please, please, please read those 3 suggestions.

Okay, okay, okay.  Just the last one on savagery. 

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

For real, people in europe think we all walk around with guns :lol: lol

Nope, we think that too many Americans walk around with guns.  The more armed pilgrims you have, the more shot pilgrims you have. (surprise, surprise)

"An estimated 3 million adult American handgun owners carry a firearm loaded and on their person on a daily basis, and 9 million do so on a monthly basis, new research indicates.

"The vast majority cited protection as their primary reason for carrying a firearm."

2017 Washington University article: Link

“In 2019, the number of concealed handgun permits soared to now over 18.66 million – a 304% increase since 2007.

"About an 8% growth over the number of permits since 2018.”

Institute for Legislative Action: Link

And that's just the "good guys"!!!!

Edited by Eldorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

In the US this wouldn't have made the national news. The fact it was a Afghan refugee is likely to be made into a big deal.

I'd agree with Dutchie, let's hope everyone recovers and this fellow gets therapy/prison time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dreamer screamer
10 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

For real, people in europe think we all walk around with guns :lol: lol

:lol: Americans should be because the government is going to kill them...:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

An estimated 3 million adult American handgun owners carry a firearm loaded and on their person on a daily basis, and 9 million do so on a monthly basis, new research indicates.

So out of 330 million people.

So 1 of of every 300 you see might be carrying something. And that of course is based alot on location and time of day. 

0.3% of the population would not be considered alot in my book. Less than half of one percent even.

As for concealed carry. I can't recall seeing a shooting crime where the person had a concealed carry permit. Maybe it happened before but it's really rare. Because, gasp, people who are going to go on shooting sprees don't care if they have a permit.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"An estimated 3 million adult American handgun owners carry a firearm loaded and on their person on a daily basis, and 9 million do so on a monthly basis, new research indicates.

I'm one of those 3 million.  I've carried regularly since about 2013.  I walk country roads at night and had a couple of REALLY dicey meetings and decided it was best be to safe.  In 8 years, only once did I actually grasp the weapon and get ready to draw it.  I didn't have to follow through, thank God.  The VAST majority of gun deaths are gang related or suicides.  "Mass shootings" get massive media coverage and each one is a tragedy but the numbers of dead are MINISCULE compared to all other categories.  America may collapse but Americans will never be forcibly disarmed unless our military is as corrupt as DC.

Most of us would prefer fighting to surrendering.  If the criminals in DC decide to send in troops to collect weapons and the troops decide to just follow orders then that may be the end of freedom but it might also be the spark that sets a revolution into motion.  Who knows?

For now, the cowards seem content to hide behind steel fences topped with concertina wire and armed troops in the thousands.  Of all the madness and chaos that these people have caused, seeing thousands of American troops being used as a prop for a political effort makes me more FURIOUS than I can even find words for.  It is SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL to our nation and to Americans who love this country.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
12 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm one of those 3 million.  I've carried regularly since about 2013.  I walk country roads at night and had a couple of REALLY dicey meetings and decided it was best be to safe.  In 8 years, only once did I actually grasp the weapon and get ready to draw it.  I didn't have to follow through, thank God.  The VAST majority of gun deaths are gang related or suicides.  "Mass shootings" get massive media coverage and each one is a tragedy but the numbers of dead are MINISCULE compared to all other categories.  America may collapse but Americans will never be forcibly disarmed unless our military is as corrupt as DC.

Most of us would prefer fighting to surrendering.  If the criminals in DC decide to send in troops to collect weapons and the troops decide to just follow orders then that may be the end of freedom but it might also be the spark that sets a revolution into motion.  Who knows?

For now, the cowards seem content to hide behind steel fences topped with concertina wire and armed troops in the thousands.  Of all the madness and chaos that these people have caused, seeing thousands of American troops being used as a prop for a political effort makes me more FURIOUS than I can even find words for.  It is SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL to our nation and to Americans who love this country.  

What :o. You've carried a gun for years and it hasen't randomly shot someone. You haven't gone on a killing spree?!?!

Inconceivable lol

 

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.