Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Thousands of children crossing US border

46 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

Hundreds of unaccompanied migrant children are crossing into America every day, stretching the capacity at border facilities to breaking point, leaked government documents show.

In what is quickly becoming a crisis on the Southern border, children are arriving at levels beyond the Health and Human Services Department's ability to house them, with an average of 321 children crossing by themselves every day in the week ending March 1.

Documents obtained by Axios show that the shelter system is at 94 per cent occupancy and is expected to reach its maximum capacity this month. 

Full story at MSN: Link

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

When you consider the length of the border, I don't see how 321 children should be a huge problem.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

I think the ONLY restraint we're going to see will be applied because of Democrats and the Left in general deciding to avoid horrible media coverage and proof of their hypocrisy.  Anyone who thinks the Left wants controlled immigration is just in denial.  It won't surprise me to see them using ICE agents to welcome them and build camps for the overflow.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

Or he's going to be another Deporter-In-Chief like Obama with the press covering for him.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 hour ago, acute said:

When you consider the length of the border, I don't see how 321 children should be a huge problem.

321 per day.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute
6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:
1 hour ago, acute said:

When you consider the length of the border, I don't see how 321 children should be a huge problem.

321 per day.

On average, one every 6 miles.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Or he's going to be another Deporter-In-Chief like Obama with the press covering for him.

Possibly but I really believe the globalist Left is in a big hurry to consolidate control before the peasants have another inconvenient revolt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
9 minutes ago, and then said:

Possibly but I really believe the globalist Left is in a big hurry to consolidate control before the peasants have another inconvenient revolt.

Or the globalist right just wants to keep the status quo. Cheap illegal labor cleaning the floors at night  to hold costs and complaints to a minimum.  That way some goes to China for the products, some goes to a mixed work force to keep wages low and the elites get the cream off the top.  Best part for them is that they can claim that is what you want because you are free to choose not to shop in their stores.  A lot of people's morals are in their wallet.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
3 hours ago, acute said:

On average, one every 6 miles.

Let's do some quick math here:

321 x 365 = 117,165 annually.

But...where are these parents?  Think they aren't coming across somewhere else?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
3 hours ago, and then said:

Possibly but I really believe the globalist Left is in a big hurry to consolidate control before the peasants have another inconvenient revolt.

Of course they are...Obama only gets one third term!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris
Posted (edited)

Anytime someone references the "Globalist Left":...

Paranoia GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

 

 

Beside that, the children are negligible. You shell out more in taxes for the breaks multi-billion dollars companies get than you ever will for undocumented immigrants. 

Edited by Occupational Hubris
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

We have almost forgotten how to discuss issues.  Every thread has become like a  football game in which both benches empty 2 minutes into the game for a disputed call and the rest of the time  the field is taken over by sporadic fistfights.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Or the globalist right just wants to keep the status quo.

Talking about the recent election will get a thread closed so I won't bother explaining myself much further.  IMO, anyone who is watching the changes we are experiencing and imagines there is any effort to maintain status quo has got to be delusional.  But carry on.  I'm sure the thousands of illegals flooding across our borders will be a wonderful thing for all of us.  After all, there's at least one old guy here who seems convinced that we need 20 thousand U.S. troops to guard our capitol indefinitely.  Our new reality seems to be whatever the Democrat Party tells us it is.  Yeah...nah... They'll either manage to lock the nation down with military force OR they'll anger enough citizens that they'll finally discover we have the ability, together, to give them all the middle finger salute and ignore their little edicts and social decrees.  Either way... the times, they are a changin'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We have almost forgotten how to discuss issues.  Every thread has become like a  football game in which both benches empty 2 minutes into the game for a disputed call and the rest of the time  the field is taken over by sporadic fistfights.

That's part of the reason I don't try to engage as often on political topics.  It is pointless but seeing some of the absolutely barking mad things that are displayed as truth just begs for a retort.

4 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Anytime someone references the "Globalist Left":...

Yeah, I'm sure you're correct.  There can't be any global coordination to create a single government where one exclusive group gets to rule by divine right...  Anyone who is watching what's occurring in the U.S. and believes it's organic is probably making decisions based on political animosity or arrogance more so than rationality.  To each his own.  You sound like you aren't observing this from the U.S.  If that's correct then I have a question about your perspective.  We had about 200-300 idiot protesters who gate crashed the Capitol on 1/6.  None had firearms, none fired a single shot.  4 of them died, one by police gunfire.  The FBI is rounding them all up and we're hearing they'll possibly be charged with INSURRECTION.  

As a result of this chaos the Democrats in Congress have demanded tens of thousands of U.S, troops stay in the Capitol indefinitely for their protection from further violence.

Do you think that is an appropriate response?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris
14 minutes ago, and then said:

We had about 200-300 idiot protesters who gate crashed the Capitol on 1/6.  None had firearms, none fired a single shot.  4 of them died, one by police gunfire.  The FBI is rounding them all up and we're hearing they'll possibly be charged with INSURRECTION.  

What an incredibly skewed perception of what happened on the 6th. 

5 people died. One was a capitol police officer who was beaten and later died of his injuries. A fact i see you omitted from your post.

The woman who was shot was trying to force her way through a broken window into the speakers lobby. 

The others dies of "medical events" 

The Q crowd had slated the 4th as trumps inauguration when he would take back over because they're ****ing idiots. Of course they would have extra security. The nutters and right-wing militias have been erect for months just itching for an excuse. Right-wing domestic terrorism is a great threat to this country than any geo-political activity going on in the world today. I've seen your past posts over the previous few months. You were practically salivating at the thought of a civil war and those that don't share the same politics as you getting "what they deserve". 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris
3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We have almost forgotten how to discuss issues.  Every thread has become like a  football game in which both benches empty 2 minutes into the game for a disputed call and the rest of the time  the field is taken over by sporadic fistfights.

There is no civil discourse anymore when each side sees the other as abhorrent. People want to cry about "globalism" and "socialism" (that they don't understand so they call it communism, which they also don't understand" , when our elected officials could give a less of a **** about s and just want to be re-elected. Get the dark money out o politics. Campaign finance reform. Term limits. Then these uneducated hacks wouldn't have to rill up the uneducated hacks to keep them in power.

Maybe then we would stop slandering one other based on petty political issues. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Or the globalist right just wants to keep the status quo. Cheap illegal labor cleaning the floors at night  to hold costs and complaints to a minimum.  That way some goes to China for the products, some goes to a mixed work force to keep wages low and the elites get the cream off the top.  Best part for them is that they can claim that is what you want because you are free to choose not to shop in their stores.  A lot of people's morals are in their wallet.

You mean globalist in general. Dems had every opportunity to get citizenship for the dreamers under Trump. He was handing it to them on a silver plater. They didn’t want anything to do with it. 
 

They could grant them citizenship right now. Instead we get this vague BS that might one day make them citizens years from now. This is not a “right” thing. This is a globalist thing. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
13 hours ago, acute said:

When you consider the length of the border, I don't see how 321 children should be a huge problem.

Thinking of that leads me to believe the number 321 per day is a low estimate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kartikg

Don't get me wrong, how can any country sustain itself without proper borders? If people are start pouring in and commit crimes or if they start competing for resources? Isn't this putting your children in danger by having them to unnecessarily compete, isn't this unfair for the legal citizens? 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, acute said:

On average, one every 6 miles.

I think you misunderstand. It's a shelter capacity problem. These kids are not with adults. They get put in a facility until the government knows what to do with them. They don't leave the day they arrive. 300 a day adds up quickly.

We can't just place a kid on the ground every six miles of the border to build a fire and fend for themselves :ph34r: lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
4 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

What an incredibly skewed perception of what happened on the 6th. 

5 people died. One was a capitol police officer who was beaten and later died of his injuries. A fact i see you omitted from your post.

The woman who was shot was trying to force her way through a broken window into the speakers lobby. 

The others dies of "medical events" 

The Q crowd had slated the 4th as trumps inauguration when he would take back over because they're ****ing idiots. Of course they would have extra security. The nutters and right-wing militias have been erect for months just itching for an excuse. Right-wing domestic terrorism is a great threat to this country than any geo-political activity going on in the world today. I've seen your past posts over the previous few months. You were practically salivating at the thought of a civil war and those that don't share the same politics as you getting "what they deserve". 

Oh REALLY ? How many people have been killed in the USA because of organised "right-wing terrorism" ? 

How many have been injured ? 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
19 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh REALLY ? How many people have been killed in the USA because of organized "right-wing terrorism" ? 

How many have been injured ? 

Amazing isn't it? I guess if the media and government just keep repeating something over and over the masses will eat it up, regardless of there being next to zero evidence of it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

I'm curious how this "shelter" is different from the allegedly "cages" during the Trump administration :whistle:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
8 hours ago, and then said:

Talking about the recent election will get a thread closed so I won't bother explaining myself much further.  IMO, anyone who is watching the changes we are experiencing and imagines there is any effort to maintain status quo has got to be delusional.  But carry on.  I'm sure the thousands of illegals flooding across our borders will be a wonderful thing for all of us. 

Nope it is not.  Not trying to tempt you into a fist fight.  I am not a pundit, my observations could be wrong.  Here is the point I am working on.

Cheap labor with no regard to the impact on American society.

Manufacturing companies made an exodus from the US when they could tap into near poverty labor rates in sweat shops in China, Taiwan, India, Pakistan, Malaysia and other developing countries.  Profits for these international companies soared.

US based manufacturers, retailers, and farmers who could not take their businesses overseas brought cheap labor to them.  Keeping minimum wage low is not enough, so they resort to facilitating the use of illegal labor.  If those businesses were  following current US laws, they would not be hiring illegals.  Big ICE raids occur at food processing plants among others.  A hundred illegals get detained, maybe deported and the plant gets a few thousand dollar fine..  Cost of doing business.  The next day they will go out and hire more.

That is the Globalist Right, and if you check, some of the companies hiring illegals in the  US are owned by overseas corporations headquartered in Brazil and China among other countries.

These entities do not care about politics or citizens of any country.  They are driven by profits.  They buy Republicans or Democrats with equal zeal. They do not give a rat's a** about taking over governments as long as they can buy a few individuals to pass the laws they want.  Much more efficient.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You mean globalist in general. Dems had every opportunity to get citizenship for the dreamers under Trump. He was handing it to them on a silver plater. They didn’t want anything to do with it. 
 

They could grant them citizenship right now. Instead we get this vague BS that might one day make them citizens years from now. This is not a “right” thing. This is a globalist thing. 

I agree with your point.  I say globalist right to bring attention to the statement assigning it to globalist left.  But more to the point it is neither left or right. .  Politics and beliefs are a tool to use.  Nothing else.  If one country gets thrown into chaos or civil unrest there are others to work with..

Contrary to some who see a globalist threat of WWII style with armies occupying countries and enforcing their will on captive populations, I see it done with business. Free people earning a living and striving to improve their lot are much more productive and profitable than slaves and prisoners.  They generate more because of their productivity and cost less because they pay for their own upkeep.  Much less hassle and much more profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.