Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flying saucer in woman's moon photo

Eldorado

Stephanie Marsden was driving along Chesterfield Road, Matlock, on Saturday night when she spotted how breathtakingly huge and bright the moon looked.

The 40-year-old, of Rowsley, stopped at a location off the road and used her mobile phone to take a picture of the celestial body through her car window.

When Stephanie returned home, she saw the bizarre thing on her picture.

She said: “I didn’t notice anything strange at the time – but later on when I looked at the picture I couldn’t believe what I saw."

Full story at the Derbyshire Times: Link

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So what is she claiming to be the UFO? The blue light or the reflection of her car's speedometer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

"My friends and family are all baffled!"

Your friends and family are all idiots. You can even see the speedometer needle.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I'm not sure if it's a flying saucer, because I got distracted by a beautiful picture of Kate Bush in the sponsored links.

I'll take another look when my palpitations calm down. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

b25lY21zOjZhYmI0YjRiLTRhZjctNGI4ZC1iNDU4

If you look at the inner circles of the ufo itself there not aligned, this could be real, because the car window would cause an optical illusion as the car window is sort of concave.  The ufo's movement would cause this I'm thinking.  Also the lines around the circle are blurred so this would have to be outside the window.  The ufo in my opinion looks fairly close to the observer.

Another reason this photo is blurry is because of the observer must of been excited and could not hold her phone camera still! 

Motion blur is the apparent streaking of moving objects in a photograph or a sequence of frames, such as a film or animation. It results when the image being recorded changes during the recording of a single exposure, due to rapid movement or long exposure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_blur#:~:text=Motion blur is the apparent,rapid movement or long exposure.

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

So what is she claiming to be the UFO? The blue light or the reflection of her car's speedometer.

Prove it.

1 hour ago, moonman said:

"My friends and family are all baffled!"

Your friends and family are all idiots. You can even see the speedometer needle.

I think you are wrong if this was true you would see feint outlines of numbers.

I'm going to hazard a guess at the car in question being a Fiat 500 or similar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

kia-speedometer.jpg

A speedometer is usually sunken into the dash and the needle is red and it would not produce a circle I submit that the ufo is not mistaken as to be a speedometer.  Also you would have reflection of the fuel and other gages therefore the ufo mystery remains.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tom, you're trolling here aren't you? Seriously. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I'm going to hazard a guess at the car in question being a Fiat 500 or similar. 

s-l1600.jpg

Can't be red speedometer and other instruments would show in reflection.  The camera was held high.

4 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Tom, you're trolling here aren't you? Seriously. 

No I'm a member here so I report as I please.

• Like 1

If it was a speedometer than you would have to see outlines of zero's not lines therefore its not a speedometer in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Can't be red speedometer and other instruments would show in reflection.  The camera was held high.

I'm not sure if you're aware but they did a lot of variations on that model. Year/trim etc etc, Just pulling up a red one to try and dissprove it ain't goona work.

This one is getting kinda close though dontcha think?

There's also that other little blue ufo in the sky too. Too coincidental that it could be a dashboard light as well? Nah, that's gotta be .E.T. too.

download.jpeg

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I'm not sure if you're aware but they did a lot of variations on that model. Year/trim etc etc, Just pulling up a red one to try and dissprove it ain't goona work.

This one is getting kinda close though dontcha think?

There's also that other little blue ufo in the sky too. Too coincidental that it could be a dashboard light as well? Nah, that's gotta be .E.T. too.

download.jpeg

Where are the zero's in the reflection then?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

kia-speedometer.jpg

A speedometer is usually sunken into the dash and the needle is red and it would not produce a circle I submit that the ufo is not mistaken as to be a speedometer.  Also you would have reflection of the fuel and other gages therefore the ufo mystery remains.

The whole top of the supposed UFO photo is a reflection of the car's dashboard and the blue light just may well be a USB charger. lol

Enlarge the image and you'll see it's a reflection.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Where are the zero's in the reflection then?

I didn't say it was this exact speedometer, just something very similar. Plus 'potato cam'.

Can't you see how obvious it is or are we going to have to keep spoon feeding you?

4 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The whole top of the supposed UFO photo is a reflection of the car's dashboard and the blue light just may well be a USB charger. lol

Enlarge the image and you'll see it's a reflection.

Why a selective reflection? Just a speedometer without the Zero's and now you are suggesting  USB charger?  Inside cars there are so many lights why only two reflections?

• Like 1

Just now, Tom O'Neil said:

Why a selective reflection? Just a speedometer without the Zero's and now you are suggesting  USB charger?  Inside cars there are so many lights why only two reflections?

If it is a Fiat then you'd be lucky to have anything working, let alone two lights together.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

I didn't say it was this exact speedometer, just something very similar. Plus 'potato cam'.

Can't you see how obvious it is or are we going to have to keep spoon feeding you?

Whenever some uses insults this implies they are trying to contain information that they don't understand from a shared perception of differences of opinions.

• Like 1

If we can find out exactly what car this is then we can put this to bed once and for all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tom O'Neil said:

Whenever some uses insults this implies they are trying to contain information that they don't understand from a shared perception of differences of opinions.

No, it doesn't. It really doesn't. And it wasn't an insult.

1 minute ago, Stiff said:

If we can find out exactly what car this is then we can put this to bed once and for all.

Ask the driver?