Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats are too socially inept to be loyal

Eldorado

2 minutes ago, openozy said:

I've got three, two pitbull crosses, two whippets and a jack russell plus three cats. The chihuahuas are the most loyal, toughest and still healthy in their late teens. They can be an evil breed if spoilt and pampered. Mine are fearless and will attack snakes or anything that threatens me, top dogs. My cats are also protective of the family and hate strangers.

You've earned your cat's trust and displayed your worth and benefits to them. Dogs are pack animals and have been bred for thousands of generation to bond with and become part of a human pack. You're the alpha male.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

You've earned your cat's trust and displayed your worth and benefits to them. Dogs are pack animals and have been bred for thousands of generation to bond with and become part of a human pack. You're the alpha male.

That's it, you can't judge one species against another in their natural behaviour, which is totally different in cats and dogs. Domestic cats can live in a clowder or group but the dynamics are a lot different I've noticed. They do gang up to defend their turf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

That's it, you can't judge one species against another in their natural behaviour, which is totally different in cats and dogs. Domestic cats can live in a clowder or group but the dynamics are a lot different I've noticed. They do gang up to defend their turf.

They haven't been bred and genetically manipulated as long as have canines and had no worth to humans until the advent of agriculture and grain storage. Cats don't have a pack hierarchy and most species don't congregate except for lions. They can learn to associate peacefully, especially in domestic settings.