Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
WVK

Biden’s Unnecessary Border Crisis

37 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

and then

Only an idiot wouldn't have seen this coming with the new regime.  It should be mildly amusing to watch these kind souls in CA and beyond who demand such things, getting OVERRUN by huge numbers of open hands and empty stomachs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
7 hours ago, and then said:

Only an idiot wouldn't have seen this coming with the new regime.  It should be mildly amusing to watch these kind souls in CA and beyond who demand such things, getting OVERRUN by huge numbers of open hands and empty stomachs.

They’ll blame Texas for not housing them etc and say Texas should house them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor

How bizarre,   You seem to be acting like this isn't an ongoing issue we faced for decades now..

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WVK
5 hours ago, Gromdor said:

How bizarre,   You seem to be acting like this isn't an ongoing issue we faced for decades now..

Bizarre how? Trump was getting a handle on the problem after decades.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
2 hours ago, WVK said:

Bizarre how? Trump was getting a handle on the problem after decades.  

Did you read the article linked-  It hasn't been this bad since 2019..  So it hasn't been this bad since Trump.

Honestly though, Covid did more to stop illegal immigration than Trump.  The 48 new miles of wall seems to have little effect.

I'm actually expecting immigration to sky rocket actually because of the vaccine for Covid and return to normalcy.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, WVK said:

Bizarre how? Trump was getting a handle on the problem after decades.  

That would explain why Bush and Obama built many times more border wall than Trump;  Obama was called the Deporter-in-chief and the fact that the opioid crisis got worse under Trump.  As was his policy with all things, Trump talked about it and claimed success without actually doing much.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That would explain why Bush and Obama built many times more border wall than Trump;  Obama was called the Deporter-in-chief and the fact that the opioid crisis got worse under Trump.  As was his policy with all things, Trump talked about it and claimed success without actually doing much.

 

Of the three who was granted the most funding? Hint it wasn't Trump. Can't build a wall with Congressional funding.  That's why Trump diverted Pentagon funds.

Any president that faces a hostile Congress will accomplish little.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
11 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Of the three who was granted the most funding? Hint it wasn't Trump. Can't build a wall with Congressional funding.  That's why Trump diverted Pentagon funds.

Any president that faces a hostile Congress will accomplish little.

For half his presidency his party controlled both parts of congress.  He had ample time to do things like repeal and replace Obamacare and secure border wall funding.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

For half his presidency his party controlled both parts of congress.  He had ample time to do things like repeal and replace Obamacare and secure border wall funding.  

Yes they had a majority but not enough to pass legislation without Democrat support in the Senate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/430400-gop-senator-says-republicans-didnt-control-senate-when-they-held

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-is-a-simple-majority-usually-not-enough-to-pass-a-bill-in-the-senate/

And President Xiden is facing the same obstacles.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Need to elect a stronger leader that can unify legislators towards a common agenda then.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Need to elect a stronger leader that can unify legislators towards a common agenda then.  

That is irrelevant in partisan politics and it's been that way for decades. It is partisan politics that keeps the federal government in check from runaway legislation.

We had a strong leader in Trump but because he wasn't Hillary...... And because he wasn't Hillary it was decided that someone like Hidden Biden should be president. lol.... So next time do try to vote for a stronger leader. :whistle:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
28 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

That is irrelevant in partisan politics and it's been that way for decades. It is partisan politics that keeps the federal government in check from runaway legislation.

We had a strong leader in Trump but because he wasn't Hillary...... And because he wasn't Hillary it was decided that someone like Hidden Biden should be president. lol.... So next time do try to vote for a stronger leader. :whistle:

So we can strike Trump off the list of people capable of taking care of the problem as well as Biden.  I'm fine with that.  Kind of shows how the subject of the OP is out of Biden's hands.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

So we can strike Trump off the list of people capable of taking care of the problem as well as Biden.  I'm fine with that.  Kind of shows how the subject of the OP is out of Biden's hands.

Except Trump was trying to do something about the border issue in regards to Illegals flooding the country.

You can't say that Biden's policy toward the border issue is making it better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
17 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Except Trump was trying to do something about the border issue in regards to Illegals flooding the country.

You can't say that Biden's policy toward the border issue is making it better.

It doesn't matter what his policy is if you say that he isn't strong enough to implement or enforce it.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

It doesn't matter what his policy is if you say that he isn't strong enough to implement or enforce it.  

That's just it he doesn't have to enforce border security to make his border policy work for him. He gets his agenda by not enforcing immigration laws.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
10 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

That's just it he doesn't have to enforce border security to make his border policy work for him. He gets his agenda by not enforcing immigration laws.

Huh, so Biden has figured out how to make his agenda succeed where Trump could not.  You are making sound like Biden is smarter or more capable of accomplishing his objectives than his predecessor. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year
19 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Huh, so Biden has figured out how to make his agenda succeed where Trump could not.  You are making sound like Biden is smarter or more capable of accomplishing his objectives than his predecessor. 

Yeah you could say that if you mean that by not faithfully executing the laws of the U.S..

A Federal Judge has already ruled that his 100 day moratorium on deportations is illegal.

His calls for amnesty is going to create a crisis on border not seen in awhile and the losers will be the America people.

But like they say. "Create the problem then sell the solution"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Of the three who was granted the most funding? Hint it wasn't Trump. Can't build a wall with Congressional funding.  That's why Trump diverted Pentagon funds.

Any president that faces a hostile Congress will accomplish little.

Hence the use of executive orders and diverting money because even though he bragged about being the greatest deal maker ever, he could not make a deal.  There is an old saying:  "Pick an excuse.  Any one will do."  He thought he was playing Deal or No Deal  refused the initial offer, tried  demanding, got less.

For us little guys it was like the bigshot in his BMW  demanding the little guy in his beat up Cherokee move out of the parking place because he wanted it.  Then the little guy tells him to go fish. A small victory.

 

Having secure borders and  solving long standing immigration problems is a worthy and vital ambition.  President Trump was not up to it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gromdor
16 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Yeah you could say that if you mean that by not faithfully executing the laws of the U.S..

A Federal Judge has already ruled that his 100 day moratorium on deportations is illegal.

His calls for amnesty is going to create a crisis on border not seen in awhile and the losers will be the America people.

But like they say. "Create the problem then sell the solution"

Now you are going in weird circles.  We had this same problem when Trump was in office but you say the president has no power to solve it, yet now you want to claim Biden is solving it his way (which you don't like) and also is the cause of the problem.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
9 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Except Trump was trying to do something about the border issue in regards to Illegals flooding the country.

He was just talking about doing something.  He may have been an outsider when he was elected but he was an experienced developer and project manager.  He could have done something more substantial especially when he promised to build the biggest most beautiful wall ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
59 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Even a master developer is allowed a blunder now and again.  Who knew there was something called the Santa Ana winds in California?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
11 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Even a master developer is allowed a blunder now and again.  Who knew there was something called the Santa Ana winds in California?

Thats right my bad, trump proclaimed himself an expert on windmills not wind.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
12 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That would explain why Bush and Obama built many times more border wall than Trump;  Obama was called the Deporter-in-chief and the fact that the opioid crisis got worse under Trump.  As was his policy with all things, Trump talked about it and claimed success without actually doing much.

 

It is Trump's mouth that works against him. He built a few miles of new walls and rebuilt over 200 miles of walls, yet other Presidents who didn't scream to the whole world about the matter, accomplished more.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.