Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study: rabies could mutate into zombie virus

UM-Bot

After the stupidity brought upon folks not taking COVID seriously. I'm fairly convinced a zombie apocalypse could indeed be the fall of mankind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well I'm just hoping they move as slowly as they do in the movies, dragging one leg behind them. I'll soon outrun them. 

(I'll be carrying a pool cue though, just in case)

• Haha 1

Just now, Stiff said:

Well I'm just hoping they move as slowly as they do in the movies, dragging one leg behind them. I'll soon outrun them. 

(I'll be carrying a pool cue though, just in case)

Given everything that happened last year. I don't think it would honestly matter. The stupidity of humanity shows no boundaries.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hopes that people will not be so stupid and after a year or so start organizing the Zombi parties. 

I'm not too worried about a Zombie Apocalypse, so long as the females are hot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I had a quick scan of the paper (Rabies) but it didn't add anything to the clickbait title.  So it is possible, because it would be incorrect to call it impossible.  We could apply that logic to a thousand more-plausible scenarios that will most probably never happen either.

But amidst the overall frivolity of the theory there is a rather ominous section:

The outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003, in China ... led some eminent scientists to conclude that the SARS virus might have been produced under laboratory conditions. Would a mutated Rabies virus ... characterized by facilitated human-to-human transmission, faster incubation, enhanced neurotoxicity and predisposing towards aggressive highly behaviours, become the most lethal biological agent that humans have ever faced?

Although published last month, the paper was written in January 2020, just before Covid started leaking out...  Of course we know that Covid is of 100% natural origin, don't we?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

I had a quick scan of the paper (Rabies) but it didn't add anything to the clickbait title.  So it is possible, because it would be incorrect to call it impossible.  We could apply that logic to a thousand more-plausible scenarios that will most probably never happen either.

But amidst the overall frivolity of the theory there is a rather ominous section:

The outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2003, in China ... led some eminent scientists to conclude that the SARS virus might have been produced under laboratory conditions. Would a mutated Rabies virus ... characterized by facilitated human-to-human transmission, faster incubation, enhanced neurotoxicity and predisposing towards aggressive highly behaviours, become the most lethal biological agent that humans have ever faced?

Although published last month, the paper was written in January 2020, just before Covid started leaking out...  Of course we know that Covid is of 100% natural origin, don't we?

Wasn't there a short documentary or something that showed scientists from Wuhan experimenting on bats, trying to recreate a virus? I'm sure I saw it somewhere, I think it was Italian.

Does anyone remember this?

• Thanks 1

Here we go, yet more government backed, fear based nonsense. This story will never become a reality unless dreamt up by the behavioural nudge teams and a sociopathic government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always felt that something between candida and cordyceps would be the way to go, driving people into a murderous rage while seeking sugar.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trihalo42 said:

I always felt that something between candida and cordyceps would be the way to go, driving people into a murderous rage while seeking sugar.

God forbid something between those two fungi mutates and becomes our living nightmare. We would not stand a chance, mushrooms are already the silent rulers of our planet, all they have to do is speed up the process of conquering all humans!! :passifier:

I think someone has watched too many zombie films. Talk about something that has been overdone. 

On 3/9/2021 at 4:47 PM, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Here we go, yet more government backed, fear based nonsense. This story will never become a reality unless dreamt up by the behavioural nudge teams and a sociopathic government.

Never can have too many hobgoblins and boogeymen. And can't let a good zombie apocalypse go to waste. 

Talking about how ridiculous the media can be. Am I the only one who remembers back in the 90s how every local news channel  always had a scare monger story about the latest scariest drug 'sweeping the nation'. I remember one that turned people into crocodiles. No seriously.