Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Editing posts question

Silver

35 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Do they always time out? How long do you have? Can you delete a post once it is done?

Hi Ted

Personal experience is yes they do but you can ask a mod to remove it. Usually as long as I am logged in for an hour or two I can edit. Fortunately the mods are quite good at making a phantom of a post and the ones they don't when I am sfed I leave as a reminder to myself and others that cap lock are a part an indicator of sobriety.:innocent::whistle:

I do not hide my past no matter how stupid some might(self included:D)or other reason it was that is why I have never asked for a pardon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ted

Personal experience is yes they do but you can ask a mod to remove it. Usually as long as I am logged in for an hour or two I can edit. Fortunately the mods are quite good at making a phantom of a post and the ones they don't when I am sfed I leave as a reminder to myself and others that cap lock are a part an indicator of sobriety.:innocent::whistle:

I do not hide my past no matter how stupid some might(self included:D)or other reason it was that is why I have never asked for a pardon

Thanks for relying but I am more confused now! What is sfed? Cap lock indicates society? asked for Pardon?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

Thanks for relying but I am more confused now! What is sfed? Cap lock indicates society? asked for Pardon?

Hi Ted

Sorry if my humor was off. Sometimes I have a few drinks and smoke a bit so at times I get edited and others get left and at times am incoherent or less inhibited to say something in jest or because it has been a redundant off topic non-point. When sober read it and thought hmm guess I was pretty shatfaced but don't ask a mod to remove it because if I have said something I will answer for it.

I have a past and live my real life the same way as I do here, I could have asked for a post to be removed yesterday or a pardon for my crimes a couple of decades ago and that may have changed some opportunities for me but I am content to know that even though I have a past the people that know me and my clients understand that is a part of who I am/was and didn't try to hide it.

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

Do they always time out? How long do you have? Can you delete a post once it is done?

Hi ted,

There's a short window after posting that editing is allowed. Believe it's roughly an hour or so.

You can't delete a post during that time, but you can erase it's content. If you hit the report button and ask, a moderator will remove it for you. We also remove blank posts as and when we see them.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/10/2021 at 7:47 AM, Tiggs said:

There's a short window after posting that editing is allowed. Believe it's roughly an hour or so.

Yep, the edit window for posts is 60 minutes.

• Thanks 2

Btw., I have noticed that posts removed by the mods show up again with a pink background as soon as a thread has been archived.

Example: the Oera Linda Book thread, parts I & II.

21 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Btw., I have noticed that posts removed by the mods show up again with a pink background as soon as a thread has been archived.

Example: the Oera Linda Book thread, parts I & II.

Can you link me to a specific example ?

35 minutes ago, Saru said:

Can you link me to a specific example ?

I had really hoped you wouldn't ask me, lol!

Now I will have to search through some 1000 pages, sigh.

But ok, I will do my best.

• Thanks 1

Ok, this is a "mission impossible".

I have clicked on some 30 pages, and found nothing.

If it helps, it was most always during a p***ing contest between Otharus/Ott and me. Especially when he sort of admitted being a supporter of nazism. Like using an avatar that resembled the nazi swastika.

23 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Ok, this is a "mission impossible".

I have clicked on some 30 pages, and found nothing.

If it helps, it was most always during a p***ing contest between Otharus/Ott and me. Especially when he sort of admitted being a supporter of nazism. Like using an avatar that resembled the nazi swastika.

Not a problem, if you ever run into the issue again, keep a note of the link and I'll take a look.

• Thanks 1

I have an idea: why don't you archive the last part of the Oera Linda Book thread?

I don't think anyone is still willing to post there after some of the 'regulars' chased them off (which is what I think has happened during my absence, because that is what they tried to do to me. And failed). You must have deleted many posts at the end of that thread, and these deleted posts should show up in pink if I am right.

42 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I have an idea: why don't you archive the last part of the Oera Linda Book thread?

I don't think anyone is still willing to post there after some of the 'regulars' chased them off (which is what I think has happened during my absence, because that is what they tried to do to me. And failed). You must have deleted many posts at the end of that thread, and these deleted posts should show up in pink if I am right.

The archive system hasn't been used in years. It was a short-lived method for dealing with very large threads that were slowing the forum down, however releases since then that removed any need to do it - I don't even think it's still a feature on the forum.

Only a very small number of threads were ever archived, most of them from the Fun and Games section.

It's possible there's a bug affecting threads that were archived at the time, but I don't think it's worth worrying about.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 8:10 PM, Saru said:

Not a problem, if you ever run into the issue again, keep a note of the link and I'll take a look.

Found it:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/184645-archivedoera-linda-book-and-the-great-flood/page/447/#comments

And scroll down.

46 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Unfortunately I can't see anything untoward there.

If the posts you are referring to are your own, then it's possible only you can see them show up in pink.

42 minutes ago, Saru said:

If the posts you are referring to are your own, then it's possible only you can see them show up in pink.

Another one: a warning for a post containing spam:

link

Edit:

I made a screenshot:

20210418_173413.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

44 minutes ago, Saru said:

Ok, that must be it.

So I can ponder about my former sins..

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, ted hughes said:

sfed = appears to be a rather coarse term to describe someone who is egregiously inebriated.  The f represents a persons countenance and the s represents the solid matter evacuated from the bowel.

Edited by Golden Duck