Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pi relationship sun ,galaxy

janesix

I was playing with numbers a usual, and found this neat pi relationship in the position of the solar system in the Galaxy.

I was hoping and looking for a phi relationship, but instead found pi. I used the first rounded numbers I came across, just to establish whether I was even close or not. Our system to one edge of the galaxy is about 75,000 ly and the other side is about 35,000 light years. i added those, which was 110,000. Then I divided that number by 35,000, to see if there was a phi relationship. Instead I found pi, almost the exact pi you get from the 22/7 ratio, 3.142857

This made my day, I'm pretty happy now.

On 3/11/2021 at 3:58 AM, janesix said:

I was playing with numbers a usual

And you found a vague coincidence, having the ability to just keep checking every ratio out there until you find something..

May I strongly suggest you look up two terms:

Cherry Picking.

Confirmation Bias.

I was hoping and looking for a phi relationship, but instead found pi.

Cherry Picking.  Confirmation Bias.

I used the first rounded numbers I came across

Why would you round them?  Hint, we know, it is to ensure you got a match...

Our system to one edge of the galaxy is about 75,000 ly and the other side is about 35,000 light years.

Let's assume those numbers are correct.  Why did you select them and that particular ratio?  Cherry Picking.

i added those

You added them?  Why on earth would you do that?  Confirmation Bias.

, which was 110,000. Then I divided that number by 35,000

You divided it by the lesser number?  WHY?  Don't you see that *every* time you make a choice like that, you are multiplying your chances of eventually finding some obscure numerical match.  If not Pi, it would be e, or Phi or something else.  Look up "constants" and you'll find hundreds/thousands to choose from.

to see if there was a phi relationship. Instead I found pi, almost the exact pi you get from the 22/7 ratio, 3.142857

Almost?  So it wasn't a precise match, even after all your cherry picking and unjustified selections of the numbers and the rounding and other mathematical processes... good grief.  Don't forget to add squaring the numbers first or afterwards, taking the square root, or the cube root, or multiplying, dividing, subtracting and adding, then there's logarithms, cosines and tangents, atomic and isotope numbers...

Numerology is such (worthless) fun..  I'll guarantee I can find a fabulous coincidence with pretty much any three numbers that are vaguely related.  Just by doing exactly what you have done above - keep trying stuff until you make it fit.

This made my day, I'm pretty happy now.

Well, that's nice, but don't present it here as an unexplained mystery.  This certainly didn't warrant a new thread - you haven't responded to numerous questions in your earlier trainwreck...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

And you found a vague coincidence, having the ability to just keep checking every ratio out there until you find something..

May I strongly suggest you look up two terms:

Cherry Picking.

Confirmation Bias.

Cherry Picking.  Confirmation Bias.

Why would you round them?  Hint, we know, it is to ensure you got a match...

Let's assume those numbers are correct.  Why did you select them and that particular ratio?  Cherry Picking.

You added them?  Why on earth would you do that?  Confirmation Bias.

You divided it by the lesser number?  WHY?  Don't you see that *every* time you make a choice like that, you are multiplying your chances of eventually finding some obscure numerical match.  If not Pi, it would be e, or Phi or something else.  Look up "constants" and you'll find hundreds/thousands to choose from.

Almost?  So it wasn't a precise match, even after all your cherry picking and unjustified selections of the numbers and the rounding and other mathematical processes... good grief.  Don't forget to add squaring the numbers first or afterwards, taking the square root, or the cube root, or multiplying, dividing, subtracting and adding, then there's logarithms, cosines and tangents, atomic and isotope numbers...

Numerology is such (worthless) fun..  I'll guarantee I can find a fabulous coincidence with pretty much any three numbers that are vaguely related.  Just by doing exactly what you have done above - keep trying stuff until you make it fit.

Well, that's nice, but don't present it here as an unexplained mystery.  This certainly didn't warrant a new thread - you haven't responded to numerous questions in your earlier trainwreck...

As I stated I was PLAYING WITH NUMBERS. This, and intuition are how you find things. It is like a game the Universe plays with us.