Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi ban transgender women from sports

Eldorado

There are many outrageous examples of biological males using their physical advantages to beat females in their own sports.  Seems like the only complaint the opponents here could lodge was about something that MIGHT occur.

Alphonso David, president of Human Rights Campaign, the LGBT+ civil rights organisation, said in a statement on Thursday that the Mississippi law could lead to more bullying of transgender people.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Pretty sure he's referring to biological males who now claim to be women so they can beat up on biological women in sports. Pretty cowardly if you ask me and it should definitely be against the rules. I mean unless you hate women who want to compete in sports. 

I can't even imagine why a man would go to the trouble of surgery to become female and then want to compete in sports.   So I guess it seems like it would be ok for women who become men to compete with men in sports? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

If this OK, then why don't we have women playing in the NFL? I guess as long as we can make the pregnant women's uniforms fit better, then it's OK?

I'm way past sick of this stupidity. 

If my daughter was playing sports and there's some dude out there beating up on her, he'd better get ready to man up and get some roughing up. 

Imagine having a daughter who has worked hard, practiced diligently, and done everything she was told could lead to a scholarship.  She's been seen by coaches from colleges, has a real chance for a free ride worth 10s of 1000s of dollars in scholarship money, then political BS like THIS gets thrown into the calculus and she loses her well-deserved chance for some guy who's done little if anything to deserve a scholarship.  THAT is what Biden's order causes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

Imagine having a daughter who has worked hard, practiced diligently, and done everything she was told could lead to a scholarship.  She's been seen by coaches from colleges, has a real chance for a free ride worth 10s of 1000s of dollars in scholarship money, then political BS like THIS gets thrown into the calculus and she loses her well-deserved chance for some guy who's done little if anything to deserve a scholarship.  THAT is what Biden's order causes.

I never got sports scholarships for school.  Who cares if you are smart or not, but if you run fast you get a leg up in education...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I can't even imagine why a man would go to the trouble of surgery to become female and then want to compete in sports.   So I guess it seems like it would be ok for women who become men to compete with men in sports? 

Is it okay?  Under this new EO, yes, the men's teams would be required to allow it.  From what I've seen of this controversy, that hasn't been a problem for young male athletes who are competing for valuable scholarships.  Care to guess, why?

This is about BIOLOGY, not politics, hate or "transphobia"  It's about basic fairness for female youth who are being literally robbed of valuable scholarships by lackluster male athletes who are willing to use their biology to their advantage while claiming that biology is some kind of "mistake".

Here is the perfect example of this issue:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suffer-5-2-loss-FC-Dallas-U-15-boys.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I never got sports scholarships for school.  Who cares if you are smart or not, but if you run fast you get a leg up in education...

MOST students don't have that opportunity.  Does that mean we should stop granting the scholarships?  This isn't about some kind of lottery where you just buy a ticket and hope for the best.  These kids work their asses off for the chance, then have someone come along who outclasses them physically before they even begin putting in the effort.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, and then said:

MOST students don't have that opportunity.  Does that mean we should stop granting the scholarships?  This isn't about some kind of lottery where you just buy a ticket and hope for the best.  These kids work their asses off for the chance, then have someone come along who outclasses them physically before they even begin putting in the effort.  

Eh, you are talking to a guy that is thinking of sending his kid to Europe for college because it would be cheaper and I wouldn't be saddling him with student debt for the rest of his life.  The thought of being forced to show a daughter off like a horse to get some meager amount of money for schooling just seems wrong to me.  But hey, it's our system.

Edit to add: now that you mention scholarships, I can understand why there would be a financial incentive for people to pose as transgender just to get a better shot at that money and education.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Obviously because he has no chance of competing on a level playing field. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

The thought of being forced to show a daughter off like a horse to get some meager amount of money for schooling just seems wrong to me.  But hey, it's our system.

Nice dodge.  The issue is much clearer than that and you have no answer for the abuse of "our system" by one small group of privileged minorities.  Your beliefs are duly noted.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Nice dodge.  The issue is much clearer than that and you have no answer for the abuse of "our system" by one small group of privileged minorities.  Your beliefs are duly noted.

If the issue is so clear, then why do I get the feeling that this legislation is going to get challenged and defeated in courts?

It also makes me wonder.. Does this mean that a trans-man.  I.E. a biological woman that has undergone hormone therapy and surgery would be required to to compete in the women's league?  Will they have to use female dressing rooms/restrooms?  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It also makes me wonder.. Does this mean that a trans-man.  I.E. a biological woman that has undergone hormone therapy and surgery would be required to to compete in the women's league?  Will they have to use female dressing rooms/restrooms?  

Well they certainly can't compete with the men in any physical contact sport. They'll get killed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Well they certainly can't compete with the men in any physical contact sport. They'll get killed. 

Heh, I watched a female wrestler take down a bunch of guys in a tourney and she wasn't even trans.  I also had a female rugby player as one of my college roommates who I would rather have at my back in a bar fight over some the guys....

• Like 5

Good. So we don't have stuff like this happening.

Transgender MMA fighter breaking the skull of her opponent. Men transitioning to woman have too much of an unfair advantage because the body still retains alot of the male features.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/transgender-fighter-who-broke-females-skull-bravest-athlete-in-history/

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

What about transgender men?  Maybe I am thinking of this backwards, are transgender women women who used to be men or men who used to be women?

Transwoman = man who transitioned to woman.

Transman= woman who transitioned to man. 

It helps to remember if you think of it as "transition to woman" instead of the shorthand transwoman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

If the issue is so clear, then why do I get the feeling that this legislation is going to get challenged and defeated in courts?

There have been an insane amount of regards being broke by transwoman in sports. Because it's just an unfair advantage. Plus more injuries to the woman.

It's just not fair or as safe. Woman should be able to compete in equal competition. 

It might get shot down in the courts thought by claiming it's discrimination.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Heh, I watched a female wrestler take down a bunch of guys in a tourney and she wasn't even trans.  I also had a female rugby player as one of my college roommates who I would rather have at my back in a bar fight over some the guys....

There is always exceptions to the rule. But ask anyone familiar with biology and you'll understand why it's the rule

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Depending on the sport, I think some women can compete with men.   When I was in the army we had to run 2 1/2 miles every day (in army boots) and some of the women could out run all the men in our platoon.  I could run longer than a lot of the men in the platoon, but I was not a speed runner so I am sure I could not beat most of them in a race.   My neice was a flag bearer when she was in basic training and she was a woman who could out run most men.  That flag is heavy and she had no problem carrying it and keeping pace.  But weight lifting or U.S. football are things women should not even try to compete with men.

• Like 2

good, finally someone stepped up against this crime against society,  it was pure social terrorism, i hope more join the state

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked