Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi ban transgender women from sports

Eldorado

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Good. So we don't have stuff like this happening.

Transgender MMA fighter breaking the skull of her opponent. Men transitioning to woman have too much of an unfair advantage because the body still retains alot of the male features.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/transgender-fighter-who-broke-females-skull-bravest-athlete-in-history/

You realize Fallon Fox was beaten by Ashlee Evans-Smith...

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You realize Fallon Fox was beaten by Ashlee Evans-Smith...

Yeah her only loss.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The left is ruining women's sports.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/penn-parents-integrity-of-womens-sports-lia-thomas

Thomas, a transgender student at the Ivy League university, dominated the 500-yard freestyle preliminaries and finals at the Zippy Invitational at the University of Akron this month. Thomas earned a winning time of 4:34.06 in the finals, breaking the Ivy League record, and set new school records in the 1,650-yard freestyle and 200-yard freestyle competitions. Thomas previously competed as a man for three years on the school's men's team. Thomas' success on the women’s team has renewed criticism over allowing transgender women to compete against biological females.

• Like 5

It's good to see some politicians taking a stand against this crap.

It's really sad that they all are not fighting for the women athletes.  

PIERRE, S.D. – Today, Governor Kristi Noem released the text of draft legislation to defend fairness in girls’ sports at both the K-12 and collegiate level. This legislation will codify Governor Noem’s executive orders and extend further protections to women and girls.

“This is about fairness. Every young woman deserves an equal playing field where she can achieve success, but common sense tells us that males have an unfair physical advantage over females in athletic competition. It is for those reasons that only girls should be competing in girls’ sports,” said Governor Kristi Noem. “Women have fought long and hard for equal athletic opportunities, and South Dakota will defend them, but we have to do it in a smart way.”

“Only female athletes, based on their biological sex, shall participate in any team, sport, or athletic event designated as being for females, women, or girls,” the legislation reads. The legislation describes “biological sex” as “the sex listed on the student's official birth certificate issued at or near the time of the athlete’s birth.”

https://news.sd.gov/newsitem.aspx?id=28786

• Like 3

I'd say good for Mississippi. They should have laws representing what the people of the state want, as given by the representatives they elected.

If people don't like it, move to Alabama, Louisiana or Arkansas.

Personally I think a man (in all but name) competes with a woman in sports, its usually way unfair. 

If a man wants to compete in woman's sports, there should be some "time in gender", or some handy cap, involved to prevent Johnny Johnson from just showing up, calling himself a girl, and taking the wins. Then back to bring a boy the next week. 

• Like 3

The only other option that is viable competitively is more divisions in the sports - bio men, bio women, and an open men and open women competition. I dare say the open competitions will be dominated by assigned at birth males(except gymnastics), but that’s tomorrow’s problem todays problem is creating inclusive and safe spaces for sport. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I can't even imagine why a man would go to the trouble of surgery to become female and then want to compete in sports.

And do you think these are men who have had surgery and estrogen injections or perhaps mimics who retain male characteristics but identify as women for personal benefit?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Myles said:

The left is ruining women's sports.

Are two women facing off in a ring and pulping each other's faces considered a sport? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I'd say good for Mississippi. They should have laws representing what the people of the state want, as given by the representatives they elected.

I'd say good too.  We have inflation, covid, threats from Russia and China to deal with.   These are social issues and need to be settled by society on a local level not an authoritarian federal government.  Different areas of the country and different regions have different ideas of how this should work and society changes at different rates.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Are two women facing off in a ring and pulping each other's faces considered a sport? 

Yes.

and so is 2 Women swimming to see who is fastest.   The left also feels a biological man and a biological woman  competing is fair.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Myles said:

The left also feels a biological man and a biological woman  competing is fair.

Some people feel that way. Not all liberals feel that way.  I think there are some exceptions where it is fair.  I think it is great that women can compete in chess tournaments and get PhD's in engineering, math and science right along with men.

You might say of course, but it was not always so. Times have changed.

In my youth, Blacks were not only forbidden from using white restrooms and drinking fountains but forbidden from integrating sports from Little League and Pop Warner football  to high school and college as well.

Girls were on the drill team or cheer leaders, they seldom did any sports.  I worked with a PhD metallurgist who went to Rutgers.  One of her professors told her women were incapable of technical thought..  It was not all that long ago.

Our nation did not end when those things changed.  It might have even gotten better.   

I find some of the current situation as strange as you do, and it will not change rapidly.  Our kids and grandkids  may see the world differently than we do and they will decide  what it will be like in 20 or 50 years.

My stance is that I would rather see society and local school boards and parents decide what happens than an authoritarian state.  Of course I know the right feels authoritarian states are the way to go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The context is obviously physical competition, as in sports competition. Man and women are physically different. Men have more muscle mass and greater bone density than women. There is a reason why we have separate leagues for men’s and women’s sports. Competition in intellectual pursuits is a different matter. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

My stance is that I would rather see society and local school boards and parents decide what happens than an authoritarian state.  Of course I know the right feels authoritarian states are the way to go.

So, if the school board and parents decided to discriminate against black people, you would be OK a with that? Or do you suddenly believe in the “authoritarian” prevention of racial discrimination? A role of the government is to protect the rights of its citizens. It is discrimination against women to force them to physically compete against men, and/or to share single sex spaces with men.

If either side is authoritarian in their ideological pursuits it is without a doubt the left. You will be shouted down as a bigot, homophobe, hate-filled, racist, xenophobic, trans-phobe or “authoritarian” Nazi if you so much as dare disagree with the ideological tenets of the left. The entire reason the ideological delusions of the left have been able to go this far is because people have been bullied into accepting them. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

So, if the school board and parents decided to discriminate against black people, you would be OK a with that? Or do you suddenly believe in the “authoritarian” prevention of racial discrimination? A role of the government is to protect the rights of its citizens. It is discrimination against women to force them to physically compete against men, and/or to share single sex spaces with men.

If either side is authoritarian in their ideological pursuits it is without a doubt the left. You will be shouted down as a bigot, homophobe, hate-filled, racist, xenophobic, trans-phobe or “authoritarian” Nazi if you so much as dare disagree with the ideological tenets of the left. The entire reason the ideological delusions of the left have been able to go this far is because people have been bullied into accepting them. 

I think that is the way toward resolution.  There are no federal statutes or Constitutional Amendments about transgender sports competition.   There are statutes for equal protection under the law, and I expect the limits of those would be challenged in court. Does it include the right to participate in sports?  I think that will be tested and if the results are not  those that society wants, likely there will be legislation to clear it up.  Can states do this and stay out of conflict with the federal government?  I don't know.  Its going to make a lot of lawyers rich.  Consider the situation today with voting rights or Roe vs. Wade or even immigration.  Congress has not got it together to draft a law  and pass  one that would be  definitive and agreeable to a majority of both sides, so it is open to interpretation by state, federal, appeals and the supreme court. 

You may believe that it is discrimination against women to force them to compete against men, but that law has not been defined.  It needs to be.   JMO but I think the majority of people in the US are accepting of LBGT rights and the concept of transgender and are willing to live and let live.  But I don't think that majority is yet comfortable with shared spaces. People's voices still have some effect on speed and direction of legislation. 

Second part, sure if you say so.  I am sure you already know the difference between left and liberal. Which lefty delusions did you have in mind specifically? 

• Like 1

The obvious solution is for transgender men to compete against transgender men, transgender women against transgender women, women against women and men against men.... Seeing as how a transgender woman is not actually a woman, but a transgender woman....

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

JMO but I think the majority of people in the US are accepting of LBGT rights and the concept of transgender and are willing to live and let live.  But I don't think that majority is yet comfortable with shared spaces. People's voices still have some effect on speed and direction of legislation. 

Second part, sure if you say so.  I am sure you already know the difference between left and liberal. Which lefty delusions did you have in mind specifically? 

But that’s the thing, it’s not about “letting live and let live”. Alternating with being called a Nazi, I’ve have had numerous people ask (accusation) “what difference does it make how others live their lives”? It doesn’t. But the reality is that they are the ones imposing their ideology on others. “Live and let live” is a concept the subjective-gender-identity crowd should embrace. Go ahead and define yourself how ever you want BUT don’t expect the rest of the world to conform to your subjective identity. LIVE AND LET LIVE. Don’t expect to get to expose your penis to women and children because you subjectively define yourself in accordance to trans ideology. Don’t expect to get to share single sex space because of your subjective identity. Don’t expect the rest of the world to conform to your subjective reality. Live and let live my ***.

There are liberals who still defend women, even in the face of the leftist mob. Unfortunately in my opinion the majority of liberals choose their politics based on vanity. Few of them have the personal conviction to defend unfashionable ideas like there-are-only-two-genders or all-lives-matter.

• Thanks 3

I’m as liberal as they come and I’m totally on board with this.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

But that’s the thing, it’s not about “letting live and let live”. Alternating with being called a Nazi, I’ve have had numerous people ask (accusation) “what difference does it make how others live their lives”? It doesn’t. But the reality is that they are the ones imposing their ideology on others. “Live and let live” is a concept the subjective-gender-identity crowd should embrace. Go ahead and define yourself how ever you want BUT don’t expect the rest of the world to conform to your subjective identity.

But that's the thing, it is precisely about that  You hear the strident calls of those that for whatever reason named you a Nazi.  I see the torch carrying young men chanting "Jews will not replace us" and the white guy who went into a Black church and shot six people admitting that he wanted to start a race war.  Do we assume that they represent the views of a majority of our society?

The people that called you a Nazi and the Nazi chanters are all real, and they are part of our society bounding the fringes.  They push and pull us in countering directions with anger and fear.  Society, the bulk of us in the middle respond to those pushing in different directions.  Slowly over time our views change.  If they push too fast in one direction or the other, we resist and go at our own pace, but we do change.

Sure would be great if everybody embraced the middle path, we could just be peaceful and prosperous, but they never will.   On the positive side, it forces us to examine our views and define our own limits.  I don't like torch carrying chanters.  I also dislike people screaming at college about safe spaces and that math is racist.  Both views I find extreme and disagreeable.  Screaming people in my face of any persuasion do not demonstrates live and let live to me.  

On this particular issue, many including myself find the pressure to accept things that might be a danger to our families unacceptable.  People calling for it are focused on the lives of  those who are suppressed by society,  They forget human nature and fail to see the mimics and predators that disguise themselves to devour others. They hide among the innocent too.

For those suppressed, I do find some sympathy to live and let live as does most of society.  The need for young men to beat to a bloody pulp the odd one who doesn't  talk about sports, drinking, and screwing girls has diminished.  The tennis star from my high school who did win a scholarship would have lost it if people had known at the time she was gay.  Did it take all of those folks in our faces screaming at us to change our views, or did we do it on our own?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

And do you think these are men who have had surgery and estrogen injections or perhaps mimics who retain male characteristics but identify as women for personal benefit?

I have no clue.  It boggles my mind.   

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

The obvious solution is for transgender men to compete against transgender men, transgender women against transgender women, women against women and men against men.... Seeing as how a transgender woman is not actually a woman, but a transgender woman....

Which is my proposal, although I’d use the words “open competition” rather than “transgender”,it means the same thing but is less overtly discriminatory. 
It would naturally lead to a discussion with lots of evidence about how transgender women dominate in certain fields against cis-women, and wouldn’t that set various felines amongst random avians. 

11 hours ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

I think the realistic option is to open up men's sports to any race.   If a woman or a trans woman can make the cut, them so be it.   But competing in the female sports should never be an option for a biological male.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Myles said:

I think the realistic option is to open up men's sports to any race.   If a woman or a trans woman can make the cut, them so be it.   But competing in the female sports should never be an option for a biological male.

And what about equal pay?

:ph34r:

• Confused 1

On 12/18/2021 at 6:53 PM, Myles said:

I messed up and meant to say "gender" not race.   

On 12/18/2021 at 3:41 PM, el midgetron said:

But that’s the thing, it’s not about “letting live and let live”. Alternating with being called a Nazi, I’ve have had numerous people ask (accusation) “what difference does it make how others live their lives”? It doesn’t. But the reality is that they are the ones imposing their ideology on others. “Live and let live” is a concept the subjective-gender-identity crowd should embrace. Go ahead and define yourself how ever you want BUT don’t expect the rest of the world to conform to your subjective identity. LIVE AND LET LIVE. Don’t expect to get to expose your penis to women and children because you subjectively define yourself in accordance to trans ideology. Don’t expect to get to share single sex space because of your subjective identity. Don’t expect the rest of the world to conform to your subjective reality. Live and let live my ***.

There are liberals who still defend women, even in the face of the leftist mob. Unfortunately in my opinion the majority of liberals choose their politics based on vanity. Few of them have the personal conviction to defend unfashionable ideas like there-are-only-two-genders or all-lives-matter.

This. :tu:

• Like 2

On 12/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Tatetopa said:Of course I know the right feels authoritarian states are the way to go.

On 12/17/2021 at 10:07 PM, Tatetopa said:

Some people feel that way. Not all liberals feel that way.  I think there are some exceptions where it is fair.  I think it is great that women can compete in chess tournaments and get PhD's in engineering, math and science right along with men.

You might say of course, but it was not always so. Times have changed.

In my youth, Blacks were not only forbidden from using white restrooms and drinking fountains but forbidden from integrating sports from Little League and Pop Warner football  to high school and college as well.

Girls were on the drill team or cheer leaders, they seldom did any sports.  I worked with a PhD metallurgist who went to Rutgers.  One of her professors told her women were incapable of technical thought..  It was not all that long ago.

Our nation did not end when those things changed.  It might have even gotten better.   

I find some of the current situation as strange as you do, and it will not change rapidly.  Our kids and grandkids  may see the world differently than we do and they will decide  what it will be like in 20 or 50 years.

If it was up to the right, this would have never been an issue to begin with. Not that I think this should be a federal issue. 

I find it hilarious folks like yourself have the gall to call us authoritarian. If many on your side had their way very little of our lives wouldn’t  be under an authoritarian state. We literally have left wing mobs on line trying to ruin the individual lives of anyone who refuses to think like they do. 

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked