Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mississippi ban transgender women from sports

Eldorado

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

SOP when new materials are added to sports like that is for the first few records set using them to be asterisk records, so do the same - won by Laura Scott* (born with a penis). 
A few dozen records with similar asterisk and the competitive bodies will do what they did with the “super suit” in swimming, and ban it.

Good idea.  And certainly applicable to those who started hormone therapy after the onset of puberty.  But it still leaves people who are functionally female in nearly all ways competing with people who are functional hybrids.

Doug

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Not only claim but actually do have better things to do with their time and money.   I don't know who Carrie Bradshaw is, seems like a reference to that stupid Sex & the City television show.  That character was an idiot, just like Alley McBeal.   I never got why people like soap operas and women in angst.        

And yet it's a multi-billion dollar industry with tens, or hundreds, of millions of followers.

You just illustrated my point. You ask why men's sports has more fans, and the clearly show you don't understand other media also. Point would then be you're commenting in ignorance. Probably without a single website of research. 

Just saying.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

Good idea.  And certainly applicable to those who started hormone therapy after the onset of puberty.  But it still leaves people who are functionally female in nearly all ways competing with people who are functional hybrids.

Doug

But importantly, and I’m sorry for the people who suffer in the short term, we gather clear and unimpeachable data on the exact effect of allowing assigned at birth men to compete against women. Right now, it’s a case of “we don’t know that” when it comes to allowing transgender women to compete. But when the field of swimmers at the 2032 Olympics are all assigned at birth males, for example, the question will need to be asked and answered pronto. 
And therefore we go back to the idea we both had of cis-male, cis-female, open-male and open-female competitions. In the cis-sections you compete against only “assigned at birth” people of the same gender, while in the opens anyone can compete,assigned at birth or transgendered entrants. But to get there and to justify such an act of “outrageous discrimination” as it will inevitably be called by the professional dog whistlers in the media, we need data to say “well, no…. Look at this and tell me it’s fair” 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

And yet it's a multi-billion dollar industry with tens, or hundreds, of millions of followers.

You just illustrated my point. You ask why men's sports has more fans, and the clearly show you don't understand other media also. Point would then be you're commenting in ignorance. Probably without a single website of research. 

Just saying.

It’s not that simple, although income is a very major component of the issue, female sport gets the short shrift across the board. Take soccer - pitch invasion isn’t illegal in female games because the governing board of the sport considers it a lesser league to the male. Take cricket, most, if not all, of the Australian international representatives have another job beyond cricket, none of the men do and the men at the same level can literally shrug off a fine of 100% of a five day test match fee (which happened a few weeks ago). 
While both those problems can be traced back to women’s team Income there are other concerns that need to be addressed in order for rhe income to be generated, in Australia the football never generated the big buck until they became professional footballers and not weekend warriors, not the other way around which is what we’re waiting for with the women - women need to generate income before being promoted to paid professional but the evidence is that youdon’t generate the income until you’re a paid professional 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Just saying.

Why would I research something so inane.  I know sports is popular because men make it so, and men typically have a gender bias about who they want to watch compete.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Why would I research something so inane.  I know sports is popular because men make it so, and men typically have a gender bias about who they want to watch compete.   

I disagree.   Men tend to want to watch the best.   Even minor league men's sports cannot compete with the best players.   I quit watching the men's NBA several years ago for a few reasons.   I did try the WNBA, but it wasn't watchable in my opinion.  There are no women's American Football teams to watch other than the LGL which I have watched several games.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You know what?... Yes, you're right. I'm so sorry to have wasted your time trying to answer your questions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

But importantly, and I’m sorry for the people who suffer in the short term, we gather clear and unimpeachable data on the exact effect of allowing assigned at birth men to compete against women. Right now, it’s a case of “we don’t know that” when it comes to allowing transgender women to compete. But when the field of swimmers at the 2032 Olympics are all assigned at birth males, for example, the question will need to be asked and answered pronto. 
And therefore we go back to the idea we both had of cis-male, cis-female, open-male and open-female competitions. In the cis-sections you compete against only “assigned at birth” people of the same gender, while in the opens anyone can compete,assigned at birth or transgendered entrants. But to get there and to justify such an act of “outrageous discrimination” as it will inevitably be called by the professional dog whistlers in the media, we need data to say “well, no…. Look at this and tell me it’s fair” 

I agree that more research could shed light on this issue and it should be done ASAP.  In the meantime, breaking competitions into sub-classes seems like the best way to go.

Doug

16 hours ago, DieChecker said:

You know what?... Yes, you're right. I'm so sorry to have wasted your time trying to answer your questions.

Sometimes I ask questions to get people to think and to see what others are thinking.  You thought about it and had an answer.   If I don't know something or don't understand it and want to I do the research.   Telling me to do some research is just a way to poke your stick at me.   Did my question annoy you?   I admit I am annoyed at the whole sports is big money and the researchers and scientists have to beg for money.  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

A USA Swimming official has resigned over the organization’s continued support of transgender University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas, who has been smashing women’s swimming records this season.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/12/24/i-cant-support-this-usa-swimming-official-resigns-in-protest-of-trans-swimmer/

• Like 5

I would personally rather watch women compete in sports. The reason I think transgender men should be banned from competing in women's sports is that is completely unchivalrous.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We humans are a confused lot.

I hope we're able to pull through this era, and don't get extinct... because at some point in the future no one knows who to fk to be able to procreate.

We need no impacting asteroid or nukes to whipe us out: we'll do it in our own stupid and flimsy way.

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Can't they just create a new division in sports for transgender?

They already have the 2 that are needed.   Born males and born females.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

They already have the 2 that are needed.   Born males and born females.  

Hi Myles

If you are going to complain about them competing in either male or female divisions then what is you suggestion that they are not allowed to participate in sports period or create a division where they can enjoy and compete in?

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

If you are going to complain about them competing in either male or female divisions then what is you suggestion that they are not allowed to participate in sports period or create a division where they can enjoy and compete in?

I do not complain about them competing in the sport of the gender of their birth.   

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Myles said:

I do not complain about them competing in the sport of the gender of their birth.   

Hi Myles

That is true you don't complain about like gender playing within their gender so if some people decide to become other that what you approve of and are now complaining that there is something wrong with them playing in a league of there own, that is how women's competitive  sports began in the first place. Talented people should be able to enjoy sports and compete in them and that is why we have special olympics so that people can compete with their peers without discrimination. We will never go back to your past and we have to learn to be a part of it.

10 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Myles

That is true you don't complain about like gender playing within their gender so if some people decide to become other that what you approve of and are now complaining that there is something wrong with them playing in a league of there own, that is how women's competitive  sports began in the first place. Talented people should be able to enjoy sports and compete in them and that is why we have special olympics so that people can compete with their peers without discrimination. We will never go back to your past and we have to learn to be a part of it.

I agree that transgender only sports would be the "perfect world: answer.   I just do not see the whole country and every college forming the leagues.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Can't they just create a new division in sports for transgender?

Let me put my progressive cancel culture hat on and respond to your question:

"So you're saying trans women aren't real women?"

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Bingo.

It’s why we need the data to back up a reply of “are you saying women don’t deserve to win competitions anymore?” when every title and medal in a variety of divisions and sports have been won by assigned at birth males competing against assigned at birth females.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I agree that transgender only sports would be the "perfect world: answer.   I just do not see the whole country and every college forming the leagues.   

Hi Myles

Blacks playing pro baseball, women's leagues, special olympics all had to start somewhere and it took time, effort and acceptance. Thanks for considering it as a possibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Hi Hugh

All I am saying is that they are humans with potential and whether they are trans or not does not diminish that they could excel at something. I suggested a league of their own because of all the attitude here in the forum, I don't have to approve of what you or anyone else does that is your business. I was building a 72 ranchero gt and people would come by and tell me what they think I should do with my car and I put it to them straight up that if they wanted to have an opinion then pull out your cash or shut up and pizz off. People will always make judgements based on their biases and all they are are opinions with no teeth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I have been thinking about an alternative for 'LBGTwhatever'.

I think 'zigzag' is a nice one.

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-opposite-of/straight.html

Hi Rob

I don't know that it is up to me to call them by any name other then what they choose to be called. I do know people from that community either through work because they have jobs, own homes and hire contractor to do work for them or through other people that I know It's a you respect me I respect you thing and that goes for anyone equally.

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked